• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#1 JetNation

JetNation

Transition Player

• Members
  • 5,724 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis let his frustration be known about the team’s handling of trade rumors involving the All-Pro in an interview scheduled to air tonight at 7 pm on NFL Network:

“I need answers, and I’m not getting any,” Revis said on NFL Network. “Just the fact that (those rumors were) put out there instead of contacting your best player. … If that’s how you want to do business, then that’s fine.”

Source: Roto-World

Seth Walder of the New York Daily News reports Revis feeling “speechless” when hearing that he had been subject of trade conversations and conveyed that emotion via twitter upon finding out about them:

“I was speechless; I tweeted it out I was speechless. I was speechless because I didn’t get a phone call. I know it’s a business – just call me; don’t have it lingering out there. I need answers and I’m not getting any,” Revis says in the interview with Andrea Kremer. “Just the fact that that was put out there instead of contacting your best player on the team. If that’s how you want to do business, then that’s fine.”

Revis is still recovering from a torn anterior cruciate (knee) ligament (ACL) but is expected to begin “light running and condition drills” as soon as April.  Jason LaCanfora of CBSsports.com reported January 23rd that Jets owner Woody Johnson was looking at possibly trading the cornerback as Revis is set to become an unrestricted free agent after the 2013 season who cannot be tagged (restricted) by the Jets after his contract expires.

With the Jets having tight finances Johnson along with new general manager John Idzik might see no alternative but to look at trade opportunities in an effort to get something back for Revis instead of just letting him leave for another team in 2014.

Idzik did reach out via telephone on January 25th to clear the air with Revis soon after the LaConfora report:

New general manager, John Idzik, reached out on Thursday to ask him to “give us a chance” to evaluate the entire roster. Idzik told NBC’s “Pro Football Talk” on Friday that Revis “reacted well” to the phone call, which came after Idzik, Coach Rex Ryan and the owner Woody Johnson were noncommittal about Revis’s future with the team. Revis expressed his frustration on Twitter, prompting the call from Idzik.

Source: New York Times.com / Associated Press

It appears issues facing the Jets and Darrelle Revis will only grow worse as the year progresses since there is no simple solution to his current contract situation.

#2 73andMe

73andMe

Induct Joe Klecko

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationNorth Jersey

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

There is no simple solution to Revis' current contract situation, but even noncommittal, ongoing communication is key!

#3 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,315 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

And again, the Jets drop the ball on the simplest of matters.

#4 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

It's always all about him and his getting paid.

Tank for Teddy.

#5 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 24,724 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

This is what a divorce sounds like.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#6 The Crusher

The Crusher

Woof

• Moderators
  • 27,811 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

This is what a divorce sounds like.

Thought I heard a dove crying.

unclerico.gif

#7 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 24,597 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

He wants his money -he has made that clear many times before with us.

Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#8 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

The Jets gave him all the leverage with that HORRIBLE contract and now they have no choice but to deal him.

Edited by unbanmadmike1, 18 February 2013 - 05:33 PM.

Tank for Teddy.

#9 jack48

jack48

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

I am sick of his whining. He wants every dime they have and a shoeshine besides.  Are they supposed to love him as a person because he is so good?  Mr. Holdout.  Such a team guy.  I respect his talent.  I haven't one ounce of respect for his attitude or his character.

#10 BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

Fan for 30 years (You get less for Murder these days!)

• Members
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

Trade Cro, resign Revis. He may be a money whore but he's the best player I've seen in Green and White.

#11 SpartanJet

SpartanJet

"Egg" Pennington Realist

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

POPULAR

Why would they tell Revis about trade talks?  Makes no sense at all yea lets get his agent involved in the circus because thats exactly what would happen if they alerted Revis.  

Revis is the one who made it all about $$$$$$ and business, now he wants to be treated like family?  F him.

#12 BroadwayJoe12

BroadwayJoe12

JN's Rust Cohle

• Members
  • 8,290 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

I really fail to see any issue, unless this wording was phrased as "he was speechless" and not "he is speechless," which in and of itself is funny, considering you are going on national radio to talk about being without word.  Looking past that, I thought this was squashed pretty quickly when reports came out the day of the rumors that Idzik called him and said there are no trade talks as he hasn't even had time to analyze the roster.  If Revis is going to bitch about Idzik doing his due-diligence in the first couple weeks on the job, than it just further strengthens the notion of how he doesn't care about anybody but himself.

Edited by BroadwayJoe12, 18 February 2013 - 06:57 PM.

#13 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 4,264 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

Mevi$ being Mevi$. 

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#14 LionelRichie

LionelRichie

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

If the Jets can get a Top 20 pick in return it's a no-brainer to move him before the draft, dump salary (including pick 6's $9M) in 2013, and rebuild. 

#15 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

ok, he's gone

that was fun

we'll always have 2009

"Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand."

#16 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 16,534 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

Why would Revis be upset if the Jets traded him.

1)  If a team trades for him it will be a contender.  A team that thinks his addition would put them over the top.

2)  If a team is going to give up some draft picks, I would assume they are willing to pay him.  They would know what he wants.

Win Win situation fro Revis

#17 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 4,264 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

If the Jets can get a Top 20 pick in return it's a no-brainer to move him before the draft, dump salary (including pick 6's $9M) in 2013, and rebuild. 

I think this is really where the team is at -- it's not a matter of a few additions putting us into truly serious contention for the brass ring.  Getting top value for Mevi$ by getting two or three teams involved should be a no brainer -- entirely possible and likely with Tanny gone.

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#18 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 19,630 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

Two firsts+ or no dice.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#19 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 8,313 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

Trade his spoiled ass and get as much as you can for him. His trade could help the team in the long run more then him being here.

#20 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

i dont think the drop off from revis to cro is that big

#21 peebag

peebag

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

Two firsts+ or no dice.

That ain't gonna happen...

#22 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 56,719 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

No offense to Idzik, I really hope he is great. But, he hasn't had a draft here to be evaluated on. So I am in the keep Revis camp. Draft picks are great but the Jets track record isn't that good with them. So let's just keep the one hall of famer we did draft.

#23 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 19,630 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

That ain't gonna happen...

Obviously then we're talking no diiiiice.

Edited by SenorGato, 19 February 2013 - 12:19 AM.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#24 ThisYearsModel

ThisYearsModel

Free Agent

• Members
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

Waaahhhh.  Another millionaire, two-time holdout got his feelings hurt.

#25 GREENBEAN

GREENBEAN

I may or may not like things

• Members
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

This is all so absurd. Revis has no right to be involved in anything. He signed a contract. The Jets own that contract.  If they want to trade him for 4 tickets to Disney world they can.  Just the same way that in that contract it states that Revis can't receive the franchise tag. Revis made out fine with the contract and will make out fine again.  I wish everyone on this team would not jump up and react over every single report that comes out.  The media has a field day with us. It's a joke.

Why must the Jets make it possible for me to be ridiculed at work EVERY SINGLE YEAR??????

http://shar.es/Fr7l6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users