Jets cut Pace, E. Smith, J. Smith and Josh Baker....meeting with Keller's agent

Matt39

I am fine with letting Keller walk, getting a compensatory pick in 2014 for him. I am real high on drafting Travis Kelce at of Cinci.

No point in that, as even if they plan on moving on, I'm sure the Jets could easily get more for him in a tag and trade deal.  Not that he'd net anything big in return mind you, just that he won't be getting a big enough contract in FA for a comp pick to be much, and I'd imagine they could get a mid-round pick for him this year instead of a late-rounder next year.

No point in that, as even if they plan on moving on, I'm sure the Jets could easily get more for him in a tag and trade deal.  Not that he'd net anything big in return mind you, just that he won't be getting a big enough contract in FA for a comp pick to be much, and I'd imagine they could get a mid-round pick for him this year instead of a late-rounder next year.

I just dont see Keller having any trade value coming off a year with hamstring injuries.

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2009/04/draft-picks-bricklayers-or-gladiators.html

Scott played great for a couple of years, but at the end of the day he just doesn't do anything that isn't readily available if you're willing to pay for it. And pay for it we did. The vast majority of the difference between our defensive performance in 2009 vs. 2008 can be explained by Revis going from merely being a great corner to having one of the best seasons any player has ever had, and by the fact that through some combination of Rex's scheme, the fact that it was our first year running it, and just plain dumb luck, opposing quarterbacks threw at him a hundred times anyway.

He doesnt now, I think he was back then.  In terms of his ability to take on the block, still make the play and rush the passer a little...he was an integral part of the D.  Plus he helped install at as an extension of Rex on the field and brought a nastiness the D lacked.  Stuff that doesnt show up on the stat sheet.

The difference in performance was Rex, IMO.  He lost Big Jenk (at the time the one guy nobody thought we could afford to lose) and still balled out.  

No WAY Scott comes back. The guy was always a locker room lawyer, but now he's a locker room lawyer that can't run anymore. Rex loses one of the last pieces that was still listening to him.

As for Keller, meh. If he's smart, he'll bail and try to get himself to Denver or Atlanta.

No WAY Scott comes back. The guy was always a locker room lawyer, but now he's a locker room lawyer that can't run anymore. Rex loses one of the last pieces that was still listening to him.

As for Keller, meh. If he's smart, he'll bail and try to get himself to Denver or Atlanta.

Why would they want a bottom tier TE?

That has nothing to do with him not running good routes or getting any YAC.

Wes walker would be a 450 yard receiver on the jets. Who knows what Keller would be with a competent qb. However. I will grant you that he is a terrible blocker.

True. Def isn't the right "football" move though. But I get if they take the chance on Ellis' potential in order to get a little more relief. 

That and Pouha was hurt with a bad back since training camp.  Dudes not young, think he started his career at 27, bad back isn’t a good sign.

If he’s not fully recovered, think they will let him go

Archived