•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Bart Scott Cut

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 17,763 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

Jets cut Bart Scott, too

Posted by Mike Florio on February 19, 2013, 2:37 PM EST

Well, so much for that Thursday meeting with Bart Scott’s agent.

The Jets have announced that linebacker Bart Scott has been released.

It’s unclear what caused things to change in the past hour or so.  It could be that, while finalizing the arrangements for the Thursday meeting, the Jets realized Scott wouldn’t be willing to accept what the Jets would offer on a reduced contract.

And so the Jets opted to pull the rip cord on Scott, making him an unrestricted free agent and a candidate to join former Jets defensive coordinator Mike Pettine in Buffalo.

#2 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 17,763 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

If all this predicted migration to Buffalo actually happens, I wonder if they will change their uniforms to green 

#3 The Crusher

The Crusher

JiF is all about that bass, bout that bass, no treble

• Moderators
  • 30,441 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

If all this predicted migration to Buffalo actually happens, I wonder if they will change their uniforms to green 

Sell the stadium naming rights to "AARP."

#4 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,535 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

I love when this sh*t happens.  Some coach gobbles up a bunch of washed up players from his old team.  Works out so well.  Just look at that beastly line up Mangini created in Cleveland. 

Posted Image

#5 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 36,085 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

Ridding the locker room of Scott is a good thing, and doing it under the veil of "it's a business" is a great thing. Scott doesn't have a positive impact on the team's solidarity, he very clearly throws the offense under the bus when he can, but cutting him "just because" could have alienated other players. Doing it over money is a win-win.

I won't miss him. 

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#6 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 28,351 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

I love when this sh*t happens.  Some coach gobbles up a bunch of washed up players from his old team.  Works out so well.  Just look at that beastly line up Mangini created in Cleveland. 

I think it helps.  They act like player-coaches installing the system.  The problem is that you only want them on the cheap and you want them to train their replacements.  Parcells brought his boys all over with him.  

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#7 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,535 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

I think it helps.  They act like player-coaches installing the system.  The problem is that you only want them on the cheap and you want them to train their replacements.  Parcells brought his boys all over with him.  

Oh, I agree it helps....but its not the solution.  Stop gap, get the system installed but tomorrow you're looking for a replacement.

Posted Image

#8 jack48

jack48

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

we can start game planning for them right now.

#9 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,835 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

Bart's going to be blowing up Sanchez next season for Buffalo. Oh wait, no he won't. Can't get passed Mangold.

#10 jgb

jgb

Darksider

• Members
  • 5,738 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

we can start game planning for them right now.

Bart Scott can't handle speed. All we have to do is get the ball to our playmakers in space. Oh wait...

#11 Apache 51

Apache 51

LET'S KILL THEM ALL

• Members
  • 790 posts
  • Locationthe right end of a Browning 12 gauge in Morris Co., NJ with Nick on my left and Rex on my right.

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

Thanks Bart, good luck to you. Time to move on.

sis-boom-bah_zps0dca82ce.jpg

#12 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 59,432 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

Tight ends everywhere are hoping he lands in their division.

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#13 Jet27

Jet27

Alpha & Omega

• Members
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

Jets cut Bart Scott, too

Posted by Mike Florio on February 19, 2013, 2:37 PM EST

Well, so much for that Thursday meeting with Bart Scott’s agent.

The Jets have announced that linebacker Bart Scott has been released.

It’s unclear what caused things to change in the past hour or so.  It could be that, while finalizing the arrangements for the Thursday meeting, the Jets realized Scott wouldn’t be willing to accept what the Jets would offer on a reduced contract.

And so the Jets opted to pull the rip cord on Scott, making him an unrestricted free agent and a candidate to join former Jets defensive coordinator Mike Pettine in Buffalo.

Rex said he was cut and Barts response was....CAN'T WAIT.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users