If there's something strange, in your neighborhood... who you gonna call?

Integrity28

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the feeling.

I wish my son could stay a kid forever, playing with action figures and his plush toys.  I think of my own youth and how I was desperate to grow up.  I always acted and wanted to be older than I was. Looking back, I wish I had enjoyed being a kid more as it was happening.

Truth is that's the way I raise my kids.  Let them be kids and innocent as long they can.  Unfortunately my boys are at the point they are starting to get into a little more social time away from dad.  Baby Crusher is older but he is funny, he gets attention from girls but he never really sticks with one. He enjoys the attention from them.  Baby Sal?  That kid scares the hell outta me.  I drove up to pick him up and he was sitting with two girls talking.  I asked them who they were, he told me they wanted to have a threesome.  He was laughing but at the same time I did die a little inside. 

Truth is that's the way I raise my kids.  Let them be kids and innocent as long they can.  Unfortunately my boys are at the point they are starting to get into a little more social time away from dad.  Baby Crusher is older but he is funny, he gets attention from girls but he never really sticks with one. He enjoys the attention from them.  Baby Sal?  That kid scares the hell outta me.  I drove up to pick him up and he was sitting with two girls talking.  I asked them who they were, he told me they wanted to have a threesome.  He was laughing but at the same time I did die a little inside. 

LOL, wow.  There's nothing you can really do now except hope that what you've taught them acts as a foundation to keep them over the edge.

I was a wild teen given a lot of freedom as a straight A student and jock, but I realized that what my parents' taught me did keep me from doing really crazy stuff that would have jeapordized my future.

LOL, wow.  There's nothing you can really do now except hope that what you've taught them acts as a foundation to keep them over the edge.

I was a wild teen given a lot of freedom as a straight A student and jock, but I realized that what my parents' taught me did keep me from doing really crazy stuff that would have jeapordized my future.

We have the screw up for a day or screw up for life talk all the time.  Hardest thing to make kids realize is Daddy won't always be able to fix things.  As little kids we are their worlds, but as they become young adults they will be judge as such.  Brutal. 

We have the screw up for a day or screw up for life talk all the time.  Hardest thing to make kids realize is Daddy won't always be able to fix things.  As little kids we are their worlds, but as they become young adults they will be judge as such.  Brutal. 

It is amazing that teaching a kid to make the right decision more often than the wrong one is basically all decent parenting boils down to, and yet, most parents are awful... and they themselves the embodiment of compounded bad decision-making.

It is amazing that teaching a kid to make the right decision more often than the wrong one is basically all decent parenting boils down to, and yet, most parents are awful... and they themselves the embodiment of compounded bad decision-making.

Dude it gets complicated depending on who they hang out.  Throw in a divorce and a separate house hold with different values and it;s a crap shoot.  Im fortunate cause my kids all play sports and have pretty good friends. 

I got really, really lucky with my daughter. She makes really good decisions, so I know I can trust her. I wish I could take credit for it, but it's all her. I have one of my three sons who makes good decisions, too, mostly. It really is a crapshoot. If I have any advice to give it would be to let them make as many of their own decisions as you can from early on. Then they get used to being responsible for their own choices.

Dude it gets complicated depending on who they hang out.  Throw in a divorce and a separate house hold with different values and it;s a crap shoot.  Im fortunate cause my kids all play sports and have pretty good friends. 

That wasn't a direct remark about you, it was a generalization. That being said, a diverse, divided parenting, sports, friends, these all fit into the spectrum of things that will ultimately influence our kids to make good and bad decisions. 

There's two parts to it... instilling logic and values, and minimizing negative influencers. You can't keep all the sh*t out of your kids life, but you can teach them to understand consequence and navigate around it. 

I make it sound so easy, don't I? Anyway, these will be my goals... if I get one thing right as a father, it'll be to teach my child(ren) how to come out on the right side of the biggest and most minute decisions they will have to make in their lives, because all you have to do is get one wrong and you are ****ed.

FWIW parents, I was an awful kid.   And now I'm pillar in the community, an outstanding business man and a stand up guy that everyone would want their daughter to marry.

Things work themselves out.  

I think the fact that the community is Jacksonville, and the daughters are all crystal meth tweekers, has created an illusion for you.

That wasn't a direct remark about you, it was a generalization. That being said, a diverse, divided parenting, sports, friends, these all fit into the spectrum of things that will ultimately influence our kids to make good and bad decisions. 

There's two parts to it... instilling logic and values, and minimizing negative influencers. You can't keep all the sh*t out of your kids life, but you can teach them to understand consequence and navigate around it. 

I make it sound so easy, don't I? Anyway, these will be my goals... if I get one thing right as a father, it'll be to teach my child(ren) how to come out on the right side of the biggest and most minute decisions they will have to make in their lives, because all you have to do is get one wrong and you are ****ed.

Pretty spot on.  I think the chances your kids turn out well and make good choices is directly proportional to the time you spend with them.  That with being consistent seems to be pretty key. 

LMAO.  You say a lot of silly sh*t. But damn bro.  Just DAMN!!!!!!!!

Come'on...get over the fact my penis is corroded with god knows what and I'm the guy you want Rose to marry.  

I think the fact that the community is Jacksonville, and the daughters are all crystal meth tweekers, has created an illusion for you.

Less talk, more role PM's.

GFY

Do as I say, not as I do.  ;-)

FWIW parents, I was an awful kid.   And now I'm pillar in the community, an outstanding business man and a stand up guy that everyone would want their daughter to marry.

Things work themselves out.  

$20 says you didn't type that without chuckling to yourself.

I know, it was just a hypothetical situation.  If she was my age, you'd be elated if she married a man of my caliber.

Truth is i have a 24 year old daughter. Id rather her bang you then marry you. This way one round of antibiotics and she is good. As opposed to a lifetime of misery. You know i love you but you aint the marrying kind son. Id rather her marry 80. Lol

Truth is i have a 24 year old daughter. Id rather her bang you then marry you. This way one round of antibiotics and she is good. As opposed to a lifetime of misery. You know i love you but you aint the marrying kind son. Id rather her marry 80. Lol

I'm offended.  I'm a gentleman to those who deserve it.

Archived