Ryan And Idzik On Darrelle Revis

JetNation

Just watching the news today shows me the difference between a great team player and someone like Mevi$.  Brady who has done more and plays a position infinitely more important than a CB (Its so easy for teams to defeat the "locking down" one side of the field with the use of multiple receivers and tight ends since the Jets have no pass rush) signs a contract extension 3yr/27mil.  I realize they are at different points in their career but Brady has always understood that its a team game and did not try and take the cheats for every dime he could.  Someone like mevi$ is out for himself and doesn't care about anything other than getting the utmost respect (where in his world $$$$$=respect).

That post happened because if It were Mevi$ in Brady's shoes he would be asking for what 21mil since Flacco wants 20 a year otherwise he couldn't feed his family and it would be an insult to not be the highest paid QB.  Thats why the post happened.  If Mevi$ really wanted to be a Jet he would take less money,

That post happened because if It were Mevi$ in Brady's shoes he would be asking for what 21mil since Flacco wants 20 a year otherwise he couldn't feed his family and it would be an insult to not be the highest paid QB.  Thats why the post happened.  If Mevi$ really wanted to be a Jet he would take less money,

A 27 year old elite QB (Revis in Brady's place) would not be crazy to ask for 21 million.

Please.  If Brady were so team oriented, why did he have to be the highest paid player on a per year basis back in 2010 when he was getting $18 mill per?? Why did he get the entire life of this contract guaranteed, which will have his team on the hook for $12 mill during his age 40 season?  Brady has already been paid and did his team a solid by saving some cap room, but don't think he's getting cheated out of anything.  

There's absolutely no way of knowing what Revis would do if the situations were reversed; if he had three rings, had already pocketed $100+ million and was guaranteed to be a first ballot HOFer, I see no reason why he wouldn't do a deal like this that fully guarantees a contract in his twilight years that his play would not warrant.  I would say there's way more reason to think he would do the same thing as opposed to not.

Did Brady hold out when Brees past him as the highest QB in 2011 on?  His contract even though he was the highest paid QB was reasonable for a franchise QB.  Also he actually earned that kind of pay, umlike Mevi$ who earned us 2 mediocre seasons with 2 afc championship runs which we were non competitive.  I can't recall Revis coming that big in big spots, whereas Brady generally carried that team on his back.

Archived