2 replies to this topic

#1 Blackout

Blackout

Circle Of Bosses

• Members
  • 32,214 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

"i'll rock forever....or at least until the Jets win the Superbowl" - Chino XL (1995)

#2 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 14,145 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

Having seen some of them in action in Rockaway, have nothing but good things to say about many chariites, inccluding the Salvation Army and Operation Blessing. Had a Mormon "bishop" show up out of nowhere with a sawzall and help us excavate my mom's house. Saw young sailors, soldiers, airmen and Marines help people. There are so many great people... 

The Red Cross showed up with a truck and handed out cold BK burgers. There were high quality food trucks who showed up and gave away way better stuff for nothing. The Mayor's Office paid them but they still had to show up and make the effort.

Edited by Bugg, 23 February 2013 - 10:32 PM.

Objective-Glendale, Arizona

Super Bowl 49-February, 2015

#3 PFSIKH

PFSIKH

Patriots' Paradigm CEO

• Members
  • 19,170 posts
  • LocationClarksville, TN by way of New England

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

The government annually hits up their employees for Combined Federal Campaign contributions.  When they do they hand out a booklet that lists all the organization you can contribute to.  For each organization, they do list what percentage goes to the actual cause.

To answer your question, yes, there are a lot of organizations were a small amount of your contribution actually goes to the cause.  Many of them are noteworthy. 

Eagle Honors
"Our two most painful Patriots' losses ever, are sandwiched between two Manning family Superbowl victories. Talk about being the book of squandered opportunities between two butt hole bookends."
"I just wish they didn't get lucky when they selected that arrogant cleft-chinned, super-modeling banging prick in the sixth round out of Michigan. It's amazing how much I hate Mo Lewis now."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users