•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What are the odds the Jets keep Tebow?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Blackout

Blackout

go JETS

• Members
  • 33,559 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

anyone know?

The best radio host and Jets fan of all time: http://www.registerstar.com/multimedia/bruce_jacobs/

#2 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,957 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

Sell your Tebow jersey

Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#3 T0mShane

T0mShane

You can smell the death upon him.

• Members
  • 29,375 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Idz needs to divest this roster of Rexenbaum's blunders. Scott and Pace was a good start, but he still has to excise Holmes, Sanchez, and Tebow. I hope Tebow goes to a team and plays a significant part in getting them to twelve wins next year.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#4 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,622 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

Slim to none. He has no role here and he needs to go and take the circus with him.

#5 FloridaJetsFan

FloridaJetsFan

Hail Caesar

• Members
  • 2,543 posts
  • LocationNavarre, FL

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

Zero. Nada. Ought.

#6 billo83

billo83

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

I was talking about this in another thread. I wonder what Marty could get out of him and what role he could play in his offense. I'd really hate to see the Jets waste that 4th rounder given the total misuse of Tebow last year. Like him or not he is a play maker, but they had a complete moron runnning the O last year. If the Jets could at least make it look like they are going to keep him, so team may come in and offer reasonable trade vallue. As it stands now, they won't get a bag of peanuts for him.

#7 Blackout

Blackout

go JETS

• Members
  • 33,559 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

Sell your Tebow jersey

never got one but i bet them sh*ts will be a nice keep-sake in 10 years from now

The best radio host and Jets fan of all time: http://www.registerstar.com/multimedia/bruce_jacobs/

#8 Blackout

Blackout

go JETS

• Members
  • 33,559 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

Slim to none. He has no role here and he needs to go and take the circus with him.

I still think he's better than Sanchez

#9 73andMe

73andMe

Induct Joe Klecko

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • LocationNorth Jersey

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

It would take a miracle!  The odds of the Jets keeping Tebow are the same as him becoming Pope Timothy!

#10 Blackout

Blackout

go JETS

• Members
  • 33,559 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

The odds of the Jets keeping Tebow are the same as him becoming Pope Timothy!

the odds sound good there IMO

#11 The Crusher

The Crusher

JiF is all about that bass, bout that bass, no treble

• Moderators
  • 30,088 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

I hope zero.  Pretty sure Tebow is hoping that too.

#12 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 35,355 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:27 AM

Keep Tebow. Trade everyone else for first rounders!

(I think he's gone, even though I'd like to keep him in some half/full back capacity.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#13 The Crusher

The Crusher

JiF is all about that bass, bout that bass, no treble

• Moderators
  • 30,088 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

Keep Tebow. Trade everyone else for first rounders!

(I think he's gone, even though I'd like to keep him in some half/full back capacity.

I was with that last year.  But I don't think Tebow wants that.  He still feels he's a QB.  Need to move on and get guys that play the positions they are slated for. 

#14 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 20,018 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

If the Jets could at least make it look like they are going to keep him, so team may come in and offer reasonable trade vallue. As it stands now, they won't get a bag of peanuts for him.

Pretending they might put him to use wouldn't help. The only way the Jets will get anything for him is if there is more than one NFL team interested. Right now, I'm not sure there's more than one CFL team interested.

He'd suck in that role, too. He's only effective as a runner when he's scrambling, when half the defense is in coverage or has their back turned to him. He averaged 3.2 ypc running the same plays Brad Smith averaged 7.9 ypc two years ago.

He could be useful as a backup in Seattle or Washington, IMHO -teams running college offenses- but I don't think either of them have an interest in him.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#15 billo83

billo83

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

Pretending they might put him to use wouldn't help. The only way the Jets will get anything for him is if there is more than one NFL team interested. Right now, I'm not sure there's more than one CFL team interested.

He'd suck in that role, too. He's only effective as a runner when he's scrambling, when half the defense is in coverage or has their back turned to him. He averaged 3.2 ypc running the same plays Brad Smith averaged 7.9 ypc two years ago.

He could be useful as a backup in Seattle or Washington, IMHO -teams running college offenses- but I don't think either of them have an interest in him.

I don't know about that Slats. Tebow is still wildly popular, and I could see a few teams wanting him just for tickets sales and buzz he would create. Right now those teams are waiting for the Jets to cut him so they can get him for free. Now I don't know the salary cap implications off hand, but my thinking was to hold on to him for as long as possible, and once those teams realize they can't get him for nothing they will pony up.

#16 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 20,018 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

I don't know about that Slats. Tebow is still wildly popular, and I could see a few teams wanting him just for tickets sales and buzz he would create. Right now those teams are waiting for the Jets to cut him so they can get him for free. Now I don't know the salary cap implications off hand, but my thinking was to hold on to him for as long as possible, and once those teams realize they can't get him for nothing they will pony up.

I'd have to imagine that most -if not all- of the league sees the Tebow popularity as more of a negative than a positive at this point, even if it might drive ticket sales a little.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#17 billo83

billo83

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

I'd have to imagine that most -if not all- of the league sees the Tebow popularity as more of a negative than a positive at this point, even if it might drive ticket sales a little.

Just IMHO: Owners = Greed = Tebow driving ticket sales/PSL's/marketing. At any rate, I hate to see them get nothing back on the Tebow trade. That's why I hope they hold out as long as possible and see if someone bites.

#18 T0mShane

T0mShane

You can smell the death upon him.

• Members
  • 29,375 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

I don't know that too many people were buying Jets tickets to watch Tebow not play. Any team that's hoping for a bump in that area will need to play him, and finding that team and that coach is going to be a tall order. If the Jets cut him, Belichick will sign him just to spite Woody.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#19 BroadwayJoe12

BroadwayJoe12

JN's Rust Cohle

• Members
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

What is the ratio of leprechauns to unicorns.

#20 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 17,563 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

What is the ratio of leprechauns to unicorns.

Be Real

Leprechauns win in a landslide.  it's almost St.  Patricks  Day.  The place will be lousey with em

#21 BroadwayJoe12

BroadwayJoe12

JN's Rust Cohle

• Members
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

Be Real

Leprechauns win in a landslide.  it's almost St.  Patricks  Day.  The place will be lousey with em

Dammit, you're right.  I expect better from myself.  

Sidenote: holy sh*t, it's almost march.

#22 Blackout

Blackout

go JETS

• Members
  • 33,559 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

he's still on the team 

#23 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 28,052 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

I agree that his success running the ball came from the fact he was QB and not some talent as a runner. I just want to point out that he didn't run the same plays as Brad Smith.  As much as he was hated around here, Schottenheimer was considerably more innovative than Sparano IMO.  

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#24 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

I agree that his success running the ball came from the fact he was QB and not some talent as a runner. I just want to point out that he didn't run the same plays as Brad Smith.  As much as he was hated around here, Schottenheimer was considerably more innovative than Sparano IMO.  

bring out that ole bag of tricks and gizmos

#25 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 28,052 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

bring out that ole bag of tricks and gizmos

Tricks and gizmos > Run into that. 

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users