Sunday Notes: Greene's Day is Coming

flgreen

Totally.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8327/cordarrelle-patterson

Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson ran forty times of 4.37 and 4.40 at the NFL Scouting Combine.

"With the ball in his hands, he is a special human being," NFL Network's Mike

Mayock quipped. Patterson is considered raw after spending just one

season at D-I, following a JUCO transfer, but his skill set reminds of

Julio Jones and Dez Bryant's with even better elusiveness post-catch.

Patterson is the one wideout in the 2013 class with a legit chance to be

a top-ten pick.

This one time, Gato analyzed Greg Hardy and said he'd be good and he had 11 sacks last year so recognize and Vince Oghobaase of the Hartford Colonials.

What can he change this year that he's done in the last four? He's a player's coach who has an inability to come down on his own players, which precedes him from ever being the leader over a long term that he needs to be. His kids-gloves treatment of Sanchez and Holmes, in particular, revealed him to be a buffoon with a fancy defensive scheme, and most definitely not the person to lead a franchise. If he tries to come out next year cracking the whip, I can't see how he maintains any credibility in the locker room. I think Rex is what he is, despite his efforts to tone it down. He's the definition of the Peter Principle/

That's clearly the view of a lot of fans, but Idzik has all year to see how things look from the inside, which is something the fans can't do. He's stuck with him, anyway, might as well take a look at the man with an open mind. I think he'd be foolish not to. If he then decides to part ways after the season, he'll be doing it from an educated point of view. That's all anyone could ask. Including Rex.

Mind you, this all goes out the window if Idzik starts eating contracts this year to clear room for next season. Then it'll be pretty obvious that Woody was only holding onto him to save a couple bucks, and Idzik is using 2013 to lay the groundwork for when he installs his own man.

I just don't think we're there yet.

In other news, I saw a Jets license plate the other day which simply read, "SOJ." I literally thought to myself, "I wonder what Tom Shane's doing on Long Island?"

This one time, Gato analyzed Greg Hardy and said he'd be good and he had 11 sacks last year so recognize and Vince Oghobaase of the Hartford Colonials.

Julio Jones in college:

78/1133/7

43/596/4

58/924/4

Dez Bryant in college:

17/323/4 (only 3 games)

87/1480/19

43/622/6

Patterson in college:

46/778/5

61/924/15 (Hutchinson Community College)

He's tall and he runs fast in a top 10 with no QBs.

Per Tony Pauline, TFY Draft Insider

" Hearing the New York Jets understand they won’t be able to afford to resign LaRon Landry.  One less expensive option they will consider is Glover Quin, if the Houston Texans don’t resign him.  The word is the Texans will do all they can to resign Quin.

-   Speaking of the Jets, I’ve been told by several sources that a number of veteran players were miffed by the fact many of the teams rookies were not seeing more playing time towards the end of the 2012 season.  One player they point to was seventh round pick Jordan White, whom they said was ready to see extensive action, especially considering the teams woes at the receiver position, yet barely saw the field."

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6794

Conventional wisdom is true but tanny and paoli both mocked WR to Jets at 9 in a Pre combine top 10 only thing for NFLN. Cord. Patterson. 

Although we desperately need Offensive talent, I will be pissed if that's the pick. Outside of QB, the teams biggest need is LB which now is extremely thin. If one of the top LB's is still on the board, that's the pick. I hope the rest of the picks are on O except for Safety.

That's clearly the view of a lot of fans, but Idzik has all year to see how things look from the inside, which is something the fans can't do. He's stuck with him, anyway, might as well take a look at the man with an open mind. I think he'd be foolish not to. If he then decides to part ways after the season, he'll be doing it from an educated point of view. That's all anyone could ask. Including Rex.

Mind you, this all goes out the window if Idzik starts eating contracts this year to clear room for next season. Then it'll be pretty obvious that Woody was only holding onto him to save a couple bucks, and Idzik is using 2013 to lay the groundwork for when he installs his own man.

I just don't think we're there yet.

In other news, I saw a Jets license plate the other day which simply read, "SOJ." I literally thought to myself, "I wonder what Tom Shane's doing on Long Island?"

I have an older co-worker. His friends have shirts made up with a badge on the breast pocket that says "LSJF"--Long Suffering Jets Fans. Myself, I try to limit the possibilities of killing people in public who would attempt to discuss the Jets with me by not wearing Jets clothing or related identifying paraphernalia.

Per Tony Pauline, TFY Draft Insider

" Hearing the New York Jets understand they won’t be able to afford to resign LaRon Landry.  One less expensive option they will consider is Glover Quin, if the Houston Texans don’t resign him.  The word is the Texans will do all they can to resign Quin.

-   Speaking of the Jets, I’ve been told by several sources that a number of veteran players were miffed by the fact many of the teams rookies were not seeing more playing time towards the end of the 2012 season.  One player they point to was seventh round pick Jordan White, whom they said was ready to see extensive action, especially considering the teams woes at the receiver position, yet barely saw the field."

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6794

I think I have a few posts along they way saying pretty much the exact same thing.

Demario Davis is someone else who should have seen the field more.

I think I have a few posts along they way saying pretty much the exact same thing.

Demario Davis is someone else who should have seen the field more.

I actually think I remember a few people, like yourself, mentioning White and I know a lot of posters mentioning Davis. Especially after, what I believe was the Pats game where he (Davis) was getting a lot of playing time and it, at least at the times, seemed very apparent how fast to the ball he was. 

But what really dawned on me the most was at Safety. Everyone...I mean EVERYONE had to know Bell was a 1 year rental and that, the way Landry was playing, you had to think he'd most likely be gone given the cap situation....and neither Bush nor Allen get a freaking whiff of the playing field.

Once again, even the most objective Jets fan can't look at this without drawing another major, head scratching conclusion with WTF was Rex thinking here. 

I actually think I remember a few people, like yourself, mentioning White and I know a lot of posters mentioning Davis. Especially after, what I believe was the Pats game where he (Davis) was getting a lot of playing time and it, at least at the times, seemed very apparent how fast to the ball he was.

But what really dawned on me the most was at Safety. Everyone...I mean EVERYONE had to know Bell was a 1 year rental and that, the way Landry was playing, you had to think he'd most likely be gone given the cap situation....and neither Bush nor Allen get a freaking whiff of the playing field.

Once again, even the most objective Jets fan can't look at this without drawing another major, head scratching conclusion with WTF was Rex thinking here.

Max likes Jordan White solely because White replied to him once on Twitter. If Chas Schilens replied to Max, Max would be all over his dick, too.

As far as Rex, there was/is zero accountability on his team. No matter how poorly you play, you're not coming out.

Max likes Jordan White solely because White replied to him once on Twitter. If Chas Schilens replied to Max, Max would be all over his dick, too.

As far as Rex, there was/is zero accountability on his team. No matter how poorly you play, you're not coming out.

I think for a slob like Rex, it's more important to have those bragging rights that his D once again was top 10 vs. foresight and long term sustainability. 

Archived