Jets Vets: Play the Young'ns!

SenorGato

Speaking of the Jets, I’ve been told by several sources that a number of veteran players were miffed by the fact many of the teams rookies were not seeing more playing time towards the end of the 2012 season. One player they point to was seventh round pick Jordan White, whom they said was ready to see extensive action, especially considering the teams woes at the receiver position, yet barely saw the field.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6794

An ideal and rare opportunity to speak on Rex Ryan's foolishness. Here he had a great opportunity to see what Jordan White was made and instead they play Chaz Schilens!

One thing to brush under the rug is that last year's team simply had more young players trying to carve a niche than in the past 3-4 years. I should check on that but it's 2 AM muhfckas.

What you need to do is ignore Stephen Hill's injury, Davis and Coples' increased playing time, the emergence of Jeremy Kerley, McElroy's opportunity to show off, the OL coach being forced to play young Vlad (I know I know), the continued development of Wilkerson into an absolute stud, the increased playing time of Kenrick Ellis paused only for injury, McIntyre...Mauga until he got hurt...Lankster...Allen got some time etc...Once you get past all that then it totally makes sense to go after not playing Jordan White.

Wasnt White injured?  

think he was injured early then heard nothing about him .

@Matt   Wilkerson has the strong possibility of being a stud certainly a very solid football player. The Jets need LB's in a bad way Davis has the physical tools and brings much needed speed to the position we could use more like him in the speed department.

The run D suffered when Davis played and he seemed to blow several assignments - picking the wrong hole, things like that.  I think that Bush and Allen started playing some as the season wound down, but I don't have access to any of the snaps played charts. Of all the people to mention, Jordan White seems like a strange choice.  I know people liked him early in camp, but I never noticed much from him and he was constantly banged up.  It's not like he is a developmental prospect, he is either going to give you something or he's not. 

The run D suffered when Davis played and he seemed to blow several assignments - picking the wrong hole, things like that. I think that Bush and Allen started playing some as the season wound down, but I don't have access to any of the snaps played charts. Of all the people to mention, Jordan White seems like a strange choice. I know people liked him early in camp, but I never noticed much from him and he was constantly banged up. It's not like he is a developmental prospect, he is either going to give you something or he's not.

Yeah, Davis wasn't quite as good as they probably hoped an ILB would/could be right away. Those guys usually don't have too much trouble coming in. In his defense he was taking over for Scott and this D is no joke to understand.

Bush was the name I thought we would hear. I don't think I remember him being on the field at all.

Idzik hopefully wil lfinally get rid of the Rex/tanny "Union Shop" mentality. Rex played vets that maybe were not the best option. Loyalty isnt a option at this level ,aka Harbaugh SF bench Smith, Balt fire Cameron etc.

You play the best you have and dont worry about being a vet or loyalty. Coaches/GMs have loyalty to owner and fans to put best players out there. 

It appears Rx sometimes was more concerned about egos of 10-15 veterans egos more than he cared about what was best for the Jets.

Yeah, Davis wasn't quite as good as they probably hoped an ILB would/could be right away. Those guys usually don't have too much trouble coming in. In his defense he was taking over for Scott and this D is no joke to understand.

Bush was the name I thought we would hear. I don't think I remember him being on the field at all.

I remember Bush being out there because every time I saw him I was shocked.  Strange thing is that the times I saw him on D were generally near the goal.  Might have been a package he fit on or maybe just that you can see the safety better down there. I don't think he played much and Jason had been doing charts for snaps played and he specifically said that he arely played.  The last snap count chart I found from Jason was Arizona and at that point Bush played 0 that game and 0 over 4 games with 1.8% for the season.  

I think Davis played as much as I expected, but people had an attitude about it because he played extensively when Scott was hurt and then moved back to the bench as Scott healed. Davis was obviously physically superior to Bart (faster) so people overlooked the fact that stiffs like the Pats ran all over him.  Like many rookies, I think he had a tendency to overrun plays. 

I remember Bush being out there because every time I saw him I was shocked.  Strange thing is that the times I saw him on D were generally near the goal.  Might have been a package he fit on or maybe just that you can see the safety better down there. I don't think he played much and Jason had been doing charts for snaps played and he specifically said that he arely played.  The last snap count chart I found from Jason was Arizona and at that point Bush played 0 that game and 0 over 4 games with 1.8% for the season.  

I think Davis played as much as I expected, but people had an attitude about it because he played extensively when Scott was hurt and then moved back to the bench as Scott healed. Davis was obviously physically superior to Bart (faster) so people overlooked the fact that stiffs like the Pats ran all over him.  Like many rookies, I think he had a tendency to overrun plays. 

Yep, the Pats game was his downfall.  Every time Brady saw Davis and Coples on the field they ran the ball right at them

16 QB hurries and 5 sacks sounds like its limited mostly by the role he plays. Not that Watt isn't the best DLman in the league right now, but he plays in a much more sack friendly 3-4 than Wilkerson does. Wilkerson will never post a 21 sack season, but he's fine against the pass. He's an elite run stuffer or right on the cusp.

Idzik hopefully wil lfinally get rid of the Rex/tanny "Union Shop" mentality. Rex played vets that maybe were not the best option. Loyalty isnt a option at this level ,aka Harbaugh SF bench Smith, Balt fire Cameron etc.

You play the best you have and dont worry about being a vet or loyalty. Coaches/GMs have loyalty to owner and fans to put best players out there. 

It appears Rx sometimes was more concerned about egos of 10-15 veterans egos more than he cared about what was best for the Jets.

Rex treated every position like a "we are still in this to win games, not audition" except QB where he apparently couldn't make make the connection between that position and winning, otherwise Tebow. Bad mechanics and all, would have been the best shot at wins.

Rex treated every position like a "we are still in this to win games, not audition" except QB where he apparently couldn't make make the connection between that position and winning, otherwise Tebow. Bad mechanics and all, would have been the best shot at wins.

well if he did then he played some god awful guys,, scott never should have been out on field..mcknight should have seen more action,,

well if he did then he played some god awful guys,, scott never should have been out on field..mcknight should have seen more action,,

Except that McKnight was hurt almost the entire year and any attempt at playing him more was probably derailed by his reaggravating his high ankle sprain trying to go against the Pats.  I know everybody likes to whip Scott, but he has value as a player.  He's not worth his contract and not an every down player, but he does plenty of things considerably better than Demario Davis.  

I love how the board likes to bash everybody invovled for failing to slowly develop Sanchez, but when guys are slowly given more responsibility and worked in they are hit up for not throwing them to the dogs. I saw about what I expected out of Coples and Davis. I would have preferred to see more from Coples, but watching Wilkerson step it up between year 1 and year 2 I think he will be ready for a much larger role.   I saw them try to work Mauga in before he got hurt. I think the D transitioned nicely with the younger players, though we still have no idea what we have at safety.  

Except that McKnight was hurt almost the entire year and any attempt at playing him more was probably derailed by his reaggravating his high ankle sprain trying to go against the Pats.  I know everybody likes to whip Scott, but he has value as a player.  He's not worth his contract and not an every down player, but he does plenty of things considerably better than Demario Davis.  

I love how the board likes to bash everybody invovled for failing to slowly develop Sanchez, but when guys are slowly given more responsibility and worked in they are hit up for not throwing them to the dogs. I saw about what I expected out of Coples and Davis. I would have preferred to see more from Coples, but watching Wilkerson step it up between year 1 and year 2 I think he will be ready for a much larger role.   I saw them try to work Mauga in before he got hurt. I think the D transitioned nicely with the younger players, though we still have no idea what we have at safety.  

I hear ya, but I think Rex stepped on his dick a tad, thats all :)

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6794

An ideal and rare opportunity to speak on Rex Ryan's foolishness. Here he had a great opportunity to see what Jordan White was made and instead they play Chaz Schilens!

One thing to brush under the rug is that last year's team simply had more young players trying to carve a niche than in the past 3-4 years. I should check on that but it's 2 AM muhfckas.

What you need to do is ignore Stephen Hill's injury, Davis and Coples' increased playing time, the emergence of Jeremy Kerley, McElroy's opportunity to show off, the OL coach being forced to play young Vlad (I know I know), the continued development of Wilkerson into an absolute stud, the increased playing time of Kenrick Ellis paused only for injury, McIntyre...Mauga until he got hurt...Lankster...Allen got some time etc...Once you get past all that then it totally makes sense to go after not playing Jordan White.

Stop confusing me with facts. Everything the Jets do is wrong!

Very good run stopper, limited pass rush ability. He's a good player. Watt is a stud.

I was hoping to trade up in that draft for Watt. People didn't like that because they said he was unathletic. I'm not really sure what that means, he can obviously jump higher than anyone his size. All I know is the guy wins games and I thought that was the most important thing.

Archived