Jets Meet With Matt Barkley

flgreen

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are clueless.  I am used to your dumb comments, but you've really stepped it up with this one.  The reason USC was the AP pre-season #1 was based on the ridiculous amount of talent on the team, particularly on the offensive side of the ball. This was arguable the most talented Trojan team in years. If you have no idea what you are talking about, better not to show your ignorance.

was because the press went hipster. Alabama was the obvious choice.

was because the press went hipster. Alabama was the obvious choice.

That's not the point.  Barkley has had two guys at WR who will be playing in the NFL.  Lee will be the #1 rated WR when he comes out.   Lee is amazing, so no surprise that Woods didn't see the ball as much this past season -- he still managed 76 receptions and 11 TD's.  In the previous season, he caught 111 passes, 15 for TD's.  Silas Redd is currently rated the #1 RB coming out in the 2014 draft.  You cannot get a better group of players at these key skill positions.  All three of these guys are studs.  So no lack of talent -- he's been surrounded by all-star caliber talent.  

That's not the point. Barkley has had two guys at WR who will be playing in the NFL. Lee will be the #1 rated WR when he comes out. Lee is amazing, so no surprise that Woods didn't see the ball as much this past season -- he still managed 76 receptions and 11 TD's. In the previous season, he caught 111 passes, 15 for TD's. Silas Redd is currently rated the #1 RB coming out in the 2014 draft. You cannot get a better group of players at these key skill positions. All three of these guys are studs. So no lack of talent -- he's been surrounded by all-star caliber talent.

e2c1b35d430aa9135e463fdc71692984.gif

That's not the point. Barkley has had two guys at WR who will be playing in the NFL. Lee will be the #1 rated WR when he comes out. Lee is amazing, so no surprise that Woods didn't see the ball as much this past season -- he still managed 76 receptions and 11 TD's. In the previous season, he caught 111 passes, 15 for TD's. Silas Redd is currently rated the #1 RB coming out in the 2014 draft. You cannot get a better group of players at these key skill positions. All three of these guys are studs. So no lack of talent -- he's been surrounded by all-star caliber talent.

Meh OL and being the number one RB with AD level talent is slightly more exciting than being the #1 safety talent that isn't Sean Taylor. It's comfortably more exciting than being the best kicker.

Wood put up those numbers with...Who was that throwing him the ball? If he's Leinart/Sanchez does that make those guys Jarret/Williams/White/McKnight/Bush/etc?

Meh OL and being the number one RB with AD level talent is slightly more exciting than being the #1 safety talent that isn't Sean Taylor. It's comfortably more exciting than being the best kicker.

Wood put up those numbers with...Who was that throwing him the ball? If he's Leinart/Sanchez does that make those guys Jarret/Williams/White/McKnight/Bush/etc?

You are pissing in the wind with a fan at your back.  Like I said, just effin' clueless.  But what else is new?

No, because of this team's sensitive fan base, and tendency to attract callous media attacks, we will never again:

1. Draft a QB from USC. 

2. Draft a player named Gholston.

3. Promise Super Bowl appearances. 

We were probably just picking Barkley's brain about Robert Woods. 

You are clueless.  I am used to your dumb comments, but you've really stepped it up with this one.  The reason USC was the AP pre-season #1 was based on the ridiculous amount of talent on the team, particularly on the offensive side of the ball. This was arguable the most talented Trojan team in years. If you have no idea what you are talking about, better not to show your ignorance.

??? Their RT number 77 is the Wayne Hunter of college football. Not sure how he last as the starter the entire year. Number 70 the LT was suppose to be a stud coming out of spring ball but he average and was a huge drop off from  Matt Kalil.

As for Robert Woods he didn't really separate much against higher competition. Like last year he would dominate against the Colorado's, Hawaii, Utah's of the world. Lee for sure is the real deal. 

The defense was atrocious. His entire season just reminds me of what Drew Brews and the Saints went through. I think it would be premature to refer Bress being out of the top QB discussion because he under perform and his team sucked.

Quick synopsis:  Andy Dalton is a "winner" he doesn't have a top flight arm.  Certainly not a "cannon"  Did I get that right?

I dont know, the ILK are really really smart people and us simpletons just dont follow their super sophisticated jokes.  

All I know is, Dalton puts a lot of zip on the ball, a lot more than most.  Not sure why he wouldnt be considered to have a cannon.  Isnt he's nicked named the Red Rifle or something like that? Is there a difference between a rifle and cannon?  

Either way, he's got a strong arm.  Much stronger than Barkley.

I dont know, the ILK are really really smart people and us simpletons just dont follow their super sophisticated jokes.

All I know is, Dalton puts a lot of zip on the ball, a lot more than most. Not sure why he wouldnt be considered to have a cannon. Isnt he's nicked named the Red Rifle or something like that? Is there a difference between a rifle and cannon?

Either way, he's got a strong arm. Much stronger than Barkley.

This isn't some ilk thing, Beavis. I just remember arm strength being the biggest question mark for Dalton as a college prospect. I dunno, maybe it's improved since he got in the league.

This isn't some ilk thing, Beavis. I just remember arm strength being the biggest question mark for Dalton as a college prospect. I dunno, maybe it's improved since he got in the league.

I guess I should have come to the conclusion thats what "zuh?" meant.

Now that you mention it, I do recall arm strength coming into question as a prospect.  But when I've watched him play, the ball seems to get to his targets in a hurry.  Maybe cannon was the wrong word.

Rifle?  Can we shake on that?

Now that you mention it, I do recall arm strength coming into question as a prospect. But when I've watched him play, the ball seems to get to his targets in a hurry. Maybe cannon was the wrong word.

Rifle? Can we shake on that?

Air rifle. That's my final offer.

Now that you mention it, I do recall arm strength coming into question as a prospect. But when I've watched him play, the ball seems to get to his targets in a hurry. Maybe cannon was the wrong word.

Rifle? Can we shake on that?

I'd like to put a little zip in your face.

No, because of this team's sensitive fan base, and tendency to attract callous media attacks, we will never again:

1. Draft a QB from USC. 

2. Draft a player named Gholston.

3. Promise Super Bowl appearances. 

We were probably just picking Barkley's brain about Robert Woods. 

Don't forget we're never allowed to ever draft a RB from Penn State again because of Blair Thomas.

Just to throw some poop on the fire here is Bob Rang of CBS selection for the Jets at 9

9. NY Jets

(6-10)

Matt Barkley, QB, Southern California: Whether it was Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow or Greg McElroy starting in 2012, the Jets' were a train wreck at the quarterback position. While it might seem unrealistic that head coach Rex Ryan would gamble on a Southern Cal passer as a potential replacement for Sanchez, don't be so sure. Clearly this is a team in need of better play at the position immediately and Barkley is the most pro-ready of this class. Furthermore, new general manager John Idzik might have a greater appreciation for Barkley, considering his time working with Barkley's former head coach, Pete Carroll, in Seattle. As such, it isn't surprising that he, head coach Rex Ryan and their staff reportedly used one of their 60 allocated interviews at the combine to interview Barkley in Indianapolis.

Archived