***** Ghostbusters: Game Thread *****

Integrity28

ghostbusters_library1.jpg

Somewhere in the stacks of the New York Public Library, three misfit parapsychologists investigate the reported sighting of a ... ghost?

Ray: Wow! Talk about telekinetic activity, look at this mess!
Egon: Ray, look at this.
Ray: Ectoplasmic residue.
Egon: Venkman, get a sample of this.
Ray: It's the real thing.
Peter: Someone blows their nose and you want to keep it?
Egon: I'd like to analyze it.... LOOK AT THAT!!!

ghostbusters_l2.jpg

Egon: Now what?
Ray: I don't know.... GET HER!!!

20091224191223!Librarian_Scare.jpg

All 3 men: EEGADS!!! Run!!!
Peter: Hee hee hee! "Get her!" That was your whole plan, huh, "get her." Very scientific.

To be continued...

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT:

1. Two role reveals per day phase. You may NOT reveal your character name. AFTER THE 2ND ONE IF ANYONE ATTEMPTS TO REVEAL OR HINT THERE ROLE I WILL MODKILL YOU WITHOUT QUESTION.

2. Absolutely NO out-of-thread communications may be either entirely or partially quoted, screen-capped or in any other way directly provided within the game thread (summaries of PMs for purposes of role reveals is allowed, however).

3. If I think you are employing tactics that are outside the spirit of the game, I will modkill you. Don't assume because my list of rules is short, that you don't have to adhere to the standard set of mafia rules that we always invoke here at JN.

4. I am not going to let you all circle jerk around with long drawn out deadlines. When I set a deadline, its best you adhere to it... this includes deadlines for submitting night actions.

5. We will be running a normal mafia format with lynches during the day and night actions during the night. Deadlines will be announced daily.

6. Bicker as you normally would if mafia, however cross the line with overly-personal emo girlie-man bullsh*t and I will embarrass you... then kill you.

7. Night actions will occur instantly, unless otherwise specified. This means that two people night-killing each other will both die (unless one is saved somehow) . Any action not submitted by the deadline will be forfeit for that phase and I will only accept the first action submitted. Once you send in your action, that’s it! (No take backs!) Night will stay open until its deadline, or all actions are received.

8. Communication: You are not allowed to communicate about this game to anyone outside this game thread, unless specifically authorized.

9. If you cannot maintain a decent level of participation, subject to my take on the situation, I will find a replacement.

10. If you are DEAD, don't post about the game. I know there'll be some jokes here and there from the dead, but don't **** up the game.

11. You can edit your posts.

12. Quoting the Mod/Revealing Mod Pics: You may not quote anything I say in PM. You can’t game the mod. You can’t talk about what I said or may have said in my PM’s. Play your own game.

13. Don't ask me stupid questions.

14. GFY

15. That's it... you've all played before, you know the rules... have fun!

Co-mod:
Leelou

Players:
1. JIF - the ghost of Sam Wheat - vanilla, w/ 1-time vest (D1 lynch)
2. Nolder - Caspar the friendly ghost (who doesn't quite know what to do with a pussy), vanilla has been slimed! (N2 kill)
3. 80
4. Nanootz
5. Smashmouth - Dr. Raymond Stantz, 1-time converter, AND framer has been slimed!!! (D4 lynch)
6. Pac - Louis/Keymaster a ghost mason, has been MOD-busted for my own personal entertainment, and for being a whiney doosh.
7. SMC - Dr. Peter Venkman, roleblocker has been slimed! (D2 lynch)
8. AVM
9. Darthe
10. Wombat - the ghost of the Librarian - vanilla, w/ 1-time vest has been BUSTED! (N1 kill)
11. Lily
12. Crusher
13. Hess - Winston Zeddemore, NON-converted mafia symp has been slimed! (D3 lynch)
14. JIF.... formerly CTM - demonic Dayna/Gatekeeper, the ghost mason has been BUSTED! (N2 kill)
15. Verbal

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The eggs begin trembling in their carton, one by one exploding onto the countertop... and cooking? Beams of light radiate from the edges of the refrigerator door... Dayna Barrett cannot deny her curiosities... she opens the door and peers in...

Image53_28.jpg

Dayna: AHHHHHH!!!! 

zuul-in-fridge.jpg

Dayna: I am Zuul... I am the Gatekeeper... 

It has begun... Gozer the Gozerian has come to New York City to lead the malicious army of the spirits ... and unleash destruction upon the city.

The Ghostbusters are all that stands between mankind and the end of the world, and they've got their work cut out for them as they must eradicate New York City of all of Gozer's ghoulish minions... including his secret weapon, the destructor, that takes the shape chosen from the imagination of Ray... it is the fat, lovable Stay Puft Marshmallow Man (Crusher - Mod confirmed ghost/town).

300px-Stay-puft-marshmallow-man.jpg

Each "day" phase the horde of ghosts and ghouls will be able to "slime" on person (lynch). Your roles are forthcoming, I cannot do more than this until I get home tonight... stay tuned.

Ghostbusters_Team.jpg

Ray: Pete, there's one now... blast him, quick!

Egon: Ray, Venkman, don't cross your streams...

Venkman: Come here you ugly little spud.

The 3 of them begin blasting the ghost with their proton packs... but that slippery little booger gets away... 

So, I was planning on making you that role anyway - but when you said you'd have limited participation because your office manager quit, I thought it would help even more for you.

For the love of Gawd monkey trying to set a damn trap for mafia and you can;t keep your mouth shut.  Worse mod ever!!!

For the love of Gawd monkey trying to set a damn trap for mafia and you can;t keep your mouth shut.  Worse mod ever!!!

LOL, I don't even know who the mafia is yet. When I do set it up, I will undoubtedly have known it all along!! !

What would be cool is a game in which no one gets a role PM and we just play it out the first day and everyone finds out the alignment of the person we lynch.  Then the mod PMs the players with NKs, but doesn't tell them if they're scum, SK, or vig. Then as the game unfolds the scum team (who don't know they're scum) are each given clues of their own alignment and then they have to find their teammates. Once they do, they join up like Voltron.

What would be cool is a game in which no one gets a role PM and we just play it out the first day and everyone finds out the alignment of the person we lynch.  Then the mod PMs the players with NKs, but doesn't tell them if they're scum, SK, or vig. Then as the game unfolds the scum team (who don't know they're scum) are each given clues of their own alignment and then they have to find their teammates. Once they do, they join up like Voltron.

"Cluster**** mafia"

Archived