Jets worked out David Garrard

Maxman

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2013/02/source-jets-work-out-free-agent-qb-david-garrard

The Daily News has learned that the Jets worked out veteran free agent quarterback David Garrard on Thursday as they look to find competition for Mark Sanchez this offseason.

Garrard was in Dolphins’ camp last year before being cut before the start of the regular season.

Garrard, 35, played in 86 games in nine seasons with the Jaguars before getting released before the 2011 season to pave the way for first-round pick Blaine Gabbert.

New Jets general manager John Idzik made it clear that Sanchez will have to compete for the starting job in new offensive coordinator Marty
Morhninweg’s West Coast system.

Garrard has 89 career touchdown passes and a 61.6 career completion percentage. He missed the 2011 season after undergoing back surgery. He underwent arthroscopic knee surgery last summer before the Dolphins parted ways with him.

Free agent quarterback Brady Quinn is also expected to draw interest from the Jets, according to ESPN.

The Jets have four quarterbacks on their roster: Sanchez, Tim Tebow, Greg McElroy and Matt Simms.

Tebow will be released in the coming weeks.

They obviously dont like the 2013 QB class and may be eyeing the 2014 draft. 

I hear they may go to Dukes Sean Renfree only if he is there at 6th round. They'd only go 5th round if they get a low  5th round pick via trade.

Speak of Renfree....check out Jonathan Cooper on the first play of this Duke/UNC highlight:

Guy is an animal and the sickest athlete I've seen at G in a while.

I actually like Renfree. Sucks he couldn't go through draft season fully healthy. 

Speak of Renfree....check out Jonathan Cooper on the first play of this Duke/UNC highlight:

I actually like Renfree. Sucks he couldn't go through draft season fully healthy. 

Gato, You are spot on with Cooper. Future string of AllPro teams in his future. Great dominant OG but add in fact the leadership and  intelligence factors and he may be the rare OL you go for in Top 10. A blurb from one of my fellow Tar Heel's on a blog:

Jonathan Cooper was named to the All-ACC academic team, along with Pete Mangum and Tim Jackson. Congrats to those three! 

Coop epitomizes all the great things about a UNC athlete, and is one of my favorite heels in recent memory. Great athlete, great great great person, really involved in the community and a great student. Super glad to know we have guys like him representing UNC in the future.

Jonathan Cooper (Wilmington, N.C.), earned consensus first-team All-America honors and 

was named the winner of the ACC’s Jacobs Blocking Trophy, given annually the 

league’s top blocker, as an offensive guard for Tar Heels’ offense which set a 

school record and was ranked eighth nationally in scoring offense. He was also 

the first Outland Trophy finalist in UNC history. A projected first-round NFL 

draft pick, Cooper graduated in December with a degree in communication studies.

Gato, You are spot on with Cooper. Future string of AllPro teams in his future. Great dominant OG but add in fact the leadership and  intelligence factors and he may be the rare OL you go for in Top 10. A blurb from one of my fellow Tar Heel's on a blog:

Jonathan Cooper was named to the All-ACC academic team, along with Pete Mangum and Tim Jackson. Congrats to those three! 

Coop epitomizes all the great things about a UNC athlete, and is one of my favorite heels in recent memory. Great athlete, great great great person, really involved in the community and a great student. Super glad to know we have guys like him representing UNC in the future.

Jonathan Cooper (Wilmington, N.C.), earned consensus first-team All-America honors and 

was named the winner of the ACC’s Jacobs Blocking Trophy, given annually the 

league’s top blocker, as an offensive guard for Tar Heels’ offense which set a 

school record and was ranked eighth nationally in scoring offense. He was also 

the first Outland Trophy finalist in UNC history. A projected first-round NFL 

draft pick, Cooper graduated in December with a degree in communication studies.

Gato, more on Cooper,,nice read along with film..

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/futures/2013/futures-north-carolina-guard-jonathan-cooper

Combine Interview 

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1485598109001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAA98vWgjk~,T2LWL6W4Cn0c91h6jViJn5uusnK6GBum&bclid=1196296183001&bctid=2180964730001

The more I see of Cooper the more I wonder if Warmack is the best value at guard in this draft.  Cooper has excellent movement and gets to backers just as well as Warmack.  9 might be too high, but I don't think he gets to our 2nd rd pick.  If he does, he better be a Jet.

The more I see of Cooper the more I wonder if Warmack is the best value at guard in this draft.  Cooper has excellent movement and gets to backers just as well as Warmack.  9 might be too high, but I don't think he gets to our 2nd rd pick.  If he does, he better be a Jet.

from what I heard warmack dropped  at tad at combine,,cooper #1 with most scouts now. warmack ran a horrific 5.49 and didnt do lift reps. There has been speculation he didnt lift cause he knew he would throw a embarrasing # up there. Remember, Warmack had a swarm of talent around him at Bama (aka Gholston at OSU surrounded by 3 other future NFL LBs. Warmack wont be a bust but some small warning signs at combine).

Cooper will be gone by 12-15 range for sure, if not sooner. Stud OL with add in academic prowess seem to flourish and have nice longevity in NFL. 

from what I heard warmack dropped  at tad at combine,,cooper #1 with most scouts now. warmack ran a horrific 5.49 and didnt do lift reps. There has been speculation he didnt lift cause he knew he would throw a embarrasing # up there. 

they also say he's none too bright and can only play LG. I suspect he goes in the 18-22 range.

I guess I'm one of the few people who isn't that impressed with Warmack.  He just seems like a slow, plodding, lard-ass when I watched anything on him, and his sun-dial-like performance at the combine seems to reflect that.

Between Dylan and The Boss, Manfred Mann really did make quite the killing off covers.  Not at all pertinent to the convo, it just sort of clicked, but it beats feigning excitement about David Garrard.

I absolutely HATE Manfred Mann's Blinded By The Light-they did a good job on The Mighty Quinn especially with Klaus Voormann playing the opening flute part and the bass. I find this discussion much more interesting the any of the prospects put forth for the New York Jets QBs...Max is right-I'm gonna be right: it will be Sanchez....anybody remember when we all believed that if Sanchez had the ball inside 2 minutes that he was going to get it done and win the game?

I absolutely HATE Manfred Mann's Blinded By The Light-they did a good job on The Mighty Quinn especially with Klaus Voormann playing the opening flute part and the bass. I find this discussion much more interesting the any of the prospects put forth for the New York Jets QBs...Max is right-I'm gonna be right: it will be Sanchez....anybody remember when we all believed that if Sanchez had the ball inside 2 minutes that he was going to get it done and win the game?

Sweet jesus I finally found someone else to say this!  Outside of your classic 70s guitar solo, the only reason it received any recognition was the fact that they made deuce sound like douche.  I guess I might be a bit biased, but Bruce meticulously chose every word that he penned and when you change it up, it does a disservice to some of his brilliance in my eyes. That and I just don't like their version lol.  

On the other hand, one of my favorite covers of all time that just came on my playlist?  Hey Jude by Wilson Pickett; pretty nuts how that one song helped shape the entire culture of music.  Besides all the historical references, Pickett, Duane f*cking Allman and the memphis horns just killed that track.  

Wow, thanks for the FO link. Great piece that highlights many of the individual plays I myself have marked as standout plays - particularly the one against Duke obviously. 

I've been creeping towards the idea for a while, but 6 weeks before the draft I have this guy as a truly elite prospect. 

I guess I'm one of the few people who isn't that impressed with Warmack.  He just seems like a slow, plodding, lard-ass when I watched anything on him, and his sun-dial-like performance at the combine seems to reflect that.

Warmack's been overrated from the start. He wasn't even the best G prospect going into the year - that was Cooper - and I suspect that Warmack got his hype because of the team he plays for. 

Archived