Tagging Users In Posts -- i.e. @Maxman

Please give me some feedback, would everyone find a feature like this helpful?

Right now if you quote a post, that user can get a notification.  But I always thought it would be nice to be able to just send an @ reply, like you can do on Twitter.  And then have a user get a notification.

So before I purchase anything like this, I wanted to know if everyone thought they would use it \ find it helpful.  Please let me know.

Thanks!

The notification feature is one of the reasons I post here.  T0mShane is the other.  

But unless you post here regularly, and can spell the other person's name correctly, I don't see this feature benefiting the site.  In other words, this feature wouldn't appeal to posters unless they have a relationship* with another poster, and the regular posters know how to skim through threads looking for the insight of people they know.  Depending on the cost of this feature, you would be buying the ability to help us jab at one another.  For example, the hilarious (dbatesman) post above. Just my two cents. 

*you know, homosexual.  

The notification feature is one of the reasons I post here.  T0mShane is the other.  

But unless you post here regularly, and can spell the other person's name correctly, I don't see this feature benefiting the site.  In other words, this feature wouldn't appeal to posters unless they have a relationship* with another poster, and the regular posters know how to skim through threads looking for the insight of people they know.  Depending on the cost of this feature, you would be buying the ability to help us jab at one another.  For example, the hilarious (dbatesman) post above. Just my two cents. 

*you know, homosexual.  

Good points.  It definitely wouldn't be something you could use unless you knew the other poster.  But even then I always struggle with spelling, Is their name two words, an underscore in between, etc.

It isn't a ton of money, it is pretty inexpensive and looks easy to set up.  I might give it a shot.

Right now if you quote a post, that user can get a notification. But I always thought it would be nice to be able to just send an @ reply, like you can do on Twitter. And then have a user get a notification.

So before I purchase anything like this, I wanted to know if everyone thought they would use it \ find it helpful. Please let me know.

Thanks!

Sounds good

Let me know when you get to my request for the "Ask James Dearth" weekly feature...

We should have that done soon.  We are putting the finishing touches on the warper for Bob and then we will get on the Dearth feature.  :)

Right now if you quote a post, that user can get a notification.  But I always thought it would be nice to be able to just send an @ reply, like you can do on Twitter.  And then have a user get a notification.

So before I purchase anything like this, I wanted to know if everyone thought they would use it \ find it helpful.  Please let me know.

Thanks!

Yeah is it like playing tag when we were kids?

Thanks!

No.  Save the money and buy us JN koozies.  Or donate to my favorite charity-> Catholic Association of the Sacred Heart.  Please make the check out to C.A.S.H.  and send to me.

Thanks!

Archived