• Please log in to reply
441 replies to this topic

#1 Greenseed4

Greenseed4

Eskimo Brother

• Members
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

A league source tells PFT that the Jets have an offer on the table for Revis.  Per the source, the offer is a “good” one, both as to the compensation given to the team and the financial package that would be extended to Revis.

Another source tells PFT that, if such an offer has been made, the financial component has yet to be shared with the Revis camp.  To date, the Jets and Revis have had no talks, and the Jets have not given Revis’s agents permission to talk to other teams regarding a new contract.

full article here:

http://profootballta...able-for-revis/

#2 Joe Jets fan

Joe Jets fan

not sure

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

I don't think we would all agree to what "good" is.

#3 Greenseed4

Greenseed4

Eskimo Brother

• Members
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

Mike Pettine is at it again.  

Though this begs the question, if the Jets haven't been in discussion with Camp Revis, would they really know what sort of compensation package he would likely deem acceptable? I guess it's possible.  

I like the Philly connection for several reasons:

1.  Marty Mornhinweg.

2.  Nick Foles adds an experienced camp body to help implement/compete for the QB spot.  This is a two-fold addition, One, it prevents us from adding youth via the draft, and Two, it saves us the draft pick that would have been used to draft youth at the QB position.

3.  Revis went to school at Pittsburgh, and is a PA native.

4.  After cutting Asomugha and DRC, the Eagles will be flush in cap space, and have major holes in their secondary.

5.  This leads me to believe the trade package may consist of: pick(s), Foles, and a CB.  Kinda like I proposed a while back.    

#4 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 16,608 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

BINGO

to me "GOOD" means a 1st and a 2nd.   I pull the trigger

#5 Greenseed4

Greenseed4

Eskimo Brother

• Members
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

You don't "think"? 

#6 LAD_Brooklyn

LAD_Brooklyn

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

Probably from the Vikes, both 1st rounders and call it a day.

#7 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,091 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

OMG TAKE IT!

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#8 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 25,853 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

Is this article saying that the Jets have a contract offer or a trade offer for Revis?
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#9 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 16,608 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

Probably from the Vikes, both 1st rounders and call it a day.

If that's the offer, I don't screw around.  It's done.   i doubt it from the Vikes.  I'm more thinking Denver.

If it's even true

#10 dbatesman

dbatesman

FUGGER

• Members
  • 8,219 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

I try to avoid the media-bashing, but everyone needs to take a deep breath and remember that we're talking about Pro Football Talk here.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#11 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 32,343 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

Though this begs the question, if the Jets haven't been in discussion with Camp Revis, would they really know what sort of compensation package he would likely deem acceptable? I guess it's possible.  

1.  Marty Mornhinweg.

2.  Nick Foles adds an experienced camp body to help implement/compete for the QB spot.  This is a two-fold addition, One, it prevents us from adding youth via the draft, and Two, it saves us the draft pick that would have been used to draft youth at the QB position.

4.  After cutting Asomugha and DRC, the Eagles will be flush in cap space, and have major holes in their secondary.

5.  This leads me to believe the trade package may consist of: pick(s), Foles, and a CB.  Kinda like I proposed a while back.    

**** Nick Foles, I want one of their 2 running backs and draft picks.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#12 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,091 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

Is this article saying that the Jets have a contract offer or a trade offer for Revis?

REMEMBER, WOODY SAY HE WON'T PAY!

**** Nick Foles, I want one of their 2 running backs and draft picks.

You'd be so dead if you were a prostitute. LeSean McCoy, their first, and their 2014 1st. Otherwise, NO DIIIIIIIIICE!

Edited by SenorGato, 11 March 2013 - 09:44 PM.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

#13 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 20,638 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

It's claiming that the Jets have an offer on the table from another team that includes both trade compensation for the Jets, as well as a new contract offer from that team for Revis.

By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

#14 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 25,853 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

It's claiming that the Jets have an offer on the table from another team that includes both trade compensation for the Jets, as well as a new contract offer from that team for Revis.

Well, that's a fine how-do-you-do.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#15 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 20,638 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

Well, that's a fine how-do-you-do.

Sounds a little sketchy though, as if the Jets really haven't allowed Revis' camp to talk to other teams (which was reported by a few different sources), I can't imagine how another team would already have a contract offer for him on the table.  Who knows, could be the Jets trying to motivate interested teams to get moving with their offers.

By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

#16 Greenseed4

Greenseed4

Eskimo Brother

• Members
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

yes

#17 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 25,853 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

Sounds a little sketchy though, as if the Jets really haven't allowed Revis' camp to talk to other teams (which was reported by a few different sources), I can't imagine how another team would already have a contract offer for him on the table. Who knows, could be the Jets trying to motivate interested teams to get moving with their offers.

Agreed. Sounds like some saber-rattling to me.

#18 Greenseed4

Greenseed4

Eskimo Brother

• Members
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

Sounds a little sketchy though, as if the Jets really haven't allowed Revis' camp to talk to other teams (which was reported by a few different sources), I can't imagine how another team would already have a contract offer for him on the table.  Who knows, could be the Jets trying to motivate interested teams to get moving with their offers.

True.  Sounds hugely sketchy, and even moreso during the smokescreen season.  But is it possible that team-X, who has been in talks with Jets brass could get a basic idea of what Revis might be looking for?

Folks around here are saying $12-16M like it's gospel.  Maybe the FO knows a lil more than we do. 

on edit:  The article does say the according to the "Source", there is a compensation package for the Jets AND the financial package that would be extended to Revis.  Maybe it's a year-long rental. 

Edited by Greenseed4, 11 March 2013 - 10:01 PM.

#19 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 25,853 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

True. Sounds hugely sketchy, and even moreso during the smokescreen season. But is it possible that team-X, who has been in talks with Jets brass could get a basic idea of what Revis might be looking for?

Folks around here are saying $12-16M like it's gospel. Maybe the FO knows a lil more than we do.

In all my years of watching football and its offseason shenanigans, the agents for Revis have been the most mouthy, sneaky, unethical and manipulative pair of scabs I've ever seen. At least Rosenhaus and Boras get out in front of their rumor-mongering, but not Revis' people. They'll subvert you to the media at every step.

#20 pedro55

pedro55

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

The Jets aren't talking to him.  Other teams aren't allowed to talk to him.  I'm not sure what this article says. 

The Jets are going by what they think he might ask for or they are going by what they want to give him.  Some other team is going by what they think he's getting.    

Why would anybody make a trade and offer based off of this logic?

#21 Greenseed4

Greenseed4

Eskimo Brother

• Members
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

In all my years of watching football and its offseason shenanigans, the agents for Revis have been the most mouthy, sneaky, unethical and manipulative pair of scabs I've ever seen. At least Rosenhaus and Boras get out in front of their rumor-mongering, but not Revis' people. They'll subvert you to the media at every step.

The Jets aren't talking to him.  Other teams aren't allowed to talk to him.  I'm not sure what this article says. 

The Jets are going by what they think he might ask for or they are going by what they want to give him.  Some other team is going by what they think he's getting.    

Why would anybody make a trade and offer based off of this logic?

Based on what was leaked the other day by a certain NFC exec, that the Jets won't let anyone talk to Revis or his peeps, and that our FO responded to his inquiry with, "What are you offering?"...Goes to show just who's driving Ms. Daisy. 

It means our GM cares about our team's interests first...the trading team's interests second...and Revis last. 

Cool with me.   

#22 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 25,853 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

Word. I'm liking this Idzik. The organization hasn't gone this long without looking stupid since, er, never.

#23 Greenseed4

Greenseed4

Eskimo Brother

• Members
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

It's almost like he's, generally managing the team.  

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a sudden insatiable craving for 7-Up. 

#24 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,091 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

Word. I'm liking this Idzik. The organization hasn't gone this long without looking stupid since, er, never.

The cycle begins anew.

#25 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 26,997 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

1.  Marty Mornhinweg.

Sounds like a well thought out plan. 

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users