Jets have "good" offer on table for Revis

Greenseed4

Bit I don't get it, the Jets can go blow smoke up our asses that Sanchez is worth 20 million a year, but can't pony up 15 mill a year for the only HOF this franchise has DRAFTED since Namath, yes I think Revis if he plays slightly above average the rest of his career is a HOF CB, JMO.

I am a root for the laundry guy, but this one will sting, and if its not a hated team he gets dealt to I might seriously consider changing the team I root for for the 1st time in any sport in 30 years, and it's just not because of the Revis situation it's also because I despise our owner more than any man alive right now, he a buffoon who should be stripped of his right to own an NFL franchise, every thing he does turns to sh*t.

Good evening, have you met Mr. Hess?

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all Mark Sanchez' fault. If he was playing at a Bledsoe or Odonnell level the Jets wouldn't be so hopeless that they trade their best player. 

No, they would still be at lagerheads with Revis of how they resolve a contract situation with a cap status that is untenable. 

Tannenbaum and went Rex went big in 2010 and 2011 with Super Bowl dreams and credit card cap plays, and it is now the time to pay the piper.

Of course he makes an impact. Does he make a $19M/year impact? ($16M/year new money plus $3M/year that we still owe from his current contract).

If they can lock him up for similar dollars to his current deal, with the same language if he holds out again it turns into a 7 year deal with $5M/year at the end, then I'm all for it. If he wants more than that and wants to retain the ability to hold out (with no long-term repercussions), then take the best deal we can before we lose him for the compensatory #100 pick in 2015.

I still don't buy the 16 million dollar figure. I would love that deal.

The Ravens can get nearly a half a dozen theoretical starters rather than pay Flacco. They could use it too with Lewis and Reed heading out, some OL issues, and Paul Kruger maybe leaving. They instead put the money into what currently helps them win games, and they STILL have a second large contract with Suggs. The Cowboys pay the more impactful roles of QB and pass rusher and still haven't won anything and are always on the lookout for secondary help. Revis is in that tier of player as Suggs/Ware - elite, game changing talents - and should get paid like one. The Jets would be smart to be he team to do it.

You can land a quality starter or two by trading Cromartie. There's 8 million to work with + the pick compensation.

I still don't buy the 16 million dollar figure. I would love that deal.

The Ravens can get nearly a half a dozen theoretical starters rather than pay Flacco. They could use it too with Lewis and Reed heading out, some OL issues, and Paul Kruger maybe leaving. They instead put the money into what currently helps them win games, and they STILL have a second large contract with Suggs. The Cowboys pay the more impactful roles of QB and pass rusher and still haven't won anything and are always on the lookout for secondary help. Revis is in that tier of player as Suggs/Ware - elite, game changing talents - and should get paid like one. The Jets would be smart to be he team to do it.

You can land a quality starter or two by trading Cromartie. There's 8 million to work with + the pick compensation.

How many games do they win last year with a healthy Revis?

No, they would still be at lagerheads with Revis of how they resolve a contract situation with a cap status that is untenable. 

Bulls--t. If Sanchez was good, the Jets could just let Revis play out his deal and try to win a SB in 2013. That's the point of this whole thing remember? Not the burning down the house. 

Bulls--t. If Sanchez was good, the Jets could just let Revis play out his deal and try to win a SB in 2013. That's the point of this whole thing remember? Not the burning down the house. 

I guess you don't see all of the other starters that we are losing and limited cap space that we would still have.

Jesus Christ himself could be qbing this team next year, with Revis in tow, and they aint touching a Super Bowl. Too many holes, too much credit card management.

I guess you don't see all of the other starters that we are losing and limited cap space that we would still have.

Jesus Christ himself could be qbing this team next year, with Revis in tow, and they aint touching a Super Bowl. Too many holes, too much credit card management.

A great QB can turn a mediocre team into a SB winner. Peyton Manning did it. Without Manning that team was actually the worst in football. If Sanchez was great they'd be in the mix to win it all. If he was competent they wouldn't be in fire sale mode. 

I don't see any holes on this team bigger than QB. 

A great QB can turn a mediocre team into a SB winner. Peyton Manning did it. Without Manning that team was actually the worst in football. If Sanchez was great they'd be in the mix to win it all. If he was competent they wouldn't be in fire sale mode. 

I don't see any holes on this team bigger than QB. 

And you were the guy that during the season that told us that "Sanchez was turning the corner". So go figure.

And I would take his younger clone in a heartbeat over what we have had here the last 4 years.

I know you would.  Big deal. I wouldn't.  What has that fat **** ever won without LT? It's not like a Parcells team never had a let down after a good season.  6-9 and 5-11 after his two super bowl seasons with the Giants. 8-8 after the AFC title game with the Jets.  Only difference is that ran off before people could get sick of him and he can ride what George Young, Belichick and Taylor did for him until the end of time.  Bad with personnel, bad with contracts, loyal to "his" guys for way too long.  Parcells was good at "creating a culture" the problem is, he is the one that created a great deal of this.

I know you would.  Big deal. I wouldn't.  What has that fat **** ever won without LT? It's not like a Parcells team never had a let down after a good season.  6-9 and 5-11 after his two super bowl seasons with the Giants. 8-8 after the AFC title game with the Jets.  Only difference is that ran off before people could get sick of him and he can ride what George Young, Belichick and Taylor did for him until the end of time.  Bad with personnel, bad with contracts, loyal to "his" guys for way too long.  Parcells was good at "creating a culture" the problem is, he is the one that created a great deal of this.

What I wouldn't give for sucking after a SB winning year with the Jets. That is a hardship I could excuse.

And you were the guy that during the season that told us that "Sanchez was turning the corner". So go figure.

wishful thinking. It's notable that you'd rather talk about what I said than the topic at hand. Selling Revis for pennies on the dollar. 

better to get pennies than a handful of beans.

the point of football is to win games and win titles. if the 2013 Jets win 2 more games with Revis than without him, that's reason enough to keep him for the year. What's the alternative? Some magic 5 year plan?  

the point of football is to win games and win titles. if the 2013 Jets win 2 more games with Revis than without him, that's reason enough to keep him for the year. What's the alternative? Some magic 5 year plan?  

You have to start rebuilding with a plan. I would rather do that with more draft picks than less draft picks. My simple mind tells me there is a better chance to land good players with those in hand. 

Did Parcells win a SB here?  I don't recall.

Back to my original point, I would rather have a young Parcells here, rather than the incarnation of coach/GM we had the last 4 years.

Does he have his faults an foibles? Absolutely. But not more than what is here today. 

That man could do more with the talent than what Rex can do by far. They actually made a winning qb out of Vinny Testaverde and Ray Lucas. No one else did that.

That man could do more with the talent than what Rex can do by far. They actually made a winning qb out of Vinny Testaverde and Ray Lucas. No one else did that.

Parcells doesn't win a SB in spectacular fashion with Vinny/Lucas once and it's the stuff of legends.

Rex doesn't win the SB in spectacular fashion twice with Sanchez and its no big deal.

Parcells doesn't win a SB in spectacular fashion with Vinny/Lucas once and it's the stuff of legends.

Rex doesn't win the SB in spectacular fashion twice with Sanchez and its no big deal.

Yes, because Parcells taking the 1-15 Kotite roster and building a competitive roster that sniffed the Super Bowl two years later, putting enough talent on it to carry a garbage coach like Herm Edwards five years later, is just like Rex taking over Mangini's roster and driving it straight into the ground to the point it's currently being gutted. Parcells left behind the nucleus of a winning team. Rex will leave behind Wilkerson and Coples. Woo-ha.

Bucs have all their picks plus an additional 4th. lets get this done. love Darrelle but his agents are the worst people on earth. time to gtfo

Citing a source with knowledge of the situation, Profootballtalk.com reports the Buccaneers are Darrelle Revis' likely landing spot if the Jets agree to terms on draft-pick compensation.

Mar 12 - 3:01 PM

You have to start rebuilding with a plan. I would rather do that with more draft picks than less draft picks. My simple mind tells me there is a better chance to land good players with those in hand. 

My simple mind tells me that keeping a great player is better than searching for a great player. 

Bucs have all their picks plus an additional 4th. lets get this done. love Darrelle but his agents are the worst people on earth. time to gtfo

Citing a source with knowledge of the situation, Profootballtalk.com reports the Buccaneers are Darrelle Revis' likely landing spot if the Jets agree to terms on draft-pick compensation.

Mar 12 - 3:01 PM

Florio's argument that the Jets should get less for Revis than Harvin makes no sense.

Archived