Jets have "good" offer on table for Revis

Greenseed4

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you put in the HOF caliber of Revis and get him for only a 1st and a 2nd round pick its a HUGE win for the team trading for him. Everyone in the NFL knows that a Revis trade will command premium picks. That's why you see this effort by other GM's to try and use media hacks to implicitly downplay what Revis should be traded for.

Back to my original point, I would rather have a young Parcells here, rather than the incarnation of coach/GM we had the last 4 years.

Does he have his faults an foibles? Absolutely. But not more than what is here today. 

That man could do more with the talent than what Rex can do by far. They actually made a winning qb out of Vinny Testaverde and Ray Lucas. No one else did that.

Technically, Rex has made a winning QB out of Mark Sanchez.  Lets see Parcells do that.

When you put in the HOF caliber of Revis and get him for only a 1st and a 2nd round pick its a HUGE win for the team trading for him. Everyone in the NFL knows that a Revis trade will command premium picks. That's why you see this effort by other GM's to try and use media hacks to implicitly downplay what Revis should be traded for.

The bottom line is that as a first time GM, Idzik can't walk away with a deal worse than what Harvin garnered.  He's building his own credibility and he knows it.

It's similar to what the Twins GM was going through with Santana.

Back to my original point, I would rather have a young Parcells here, rather than the incarnation of coach/GM we had the last 4 years.

Does he have his faults an foibles? Absolutely. But not more than what is here today. 

That man could do more with the talent than what Rex can do by far. They actually made a winning qb out of Vinny Testaverde and Ray Lucas. No one else did that.

Hahahahahahaha.

He didn't win anything more here than Rex has.  Or did they give out AFC runner-up trophies in 1998 and stop before 2009?  Do you think that somebody is going to make Sanchez into a winner?  Oh wait, Rex already did.

The bottom line is that as a first time GM, Idzik can't walk away with a deal worse than what Harvin garnered.  He's building his own credibility and he knows it.

It's similar to what the Twins GM was going through with Santana.

He would make a better impression if he walked away from this with multiple premium picks.

John Clayton was on Mike and Mike saying the Jets are resigned to taking a less than fair deal and may get rid of him for as low as a 2nd round pick.

I think that's beyond absurd.  If that's the case then just keep him for the year and get a 3rd if he bolts after next year.  I don't think there's any chance Idzik start his tenure by becoming the guy who traded Revis for a bag of beans. 

Clayton sucks.

I'm sure he does. 

I never watch ESPN because they are never right.  A confederacy of dunces work there.

I'm giving you "the eye."

Malocchio!

The Bucs?  Wow that really surprises me.  i was going to bet Denver

Could just be chatter. The Bucs have $30 mil in cap space, so they'd be a logical rumored landing spot if you wanted to drive up his price

Yeah.  The Bucs have cap space, but they are famous for not using it.

Hahahahahahaha.

He didn't win anything more here than Rex has.  Or did they give out AFC runner-up trophies in 1998 and stop before 2009?  Do you think that somebody is going to make Sanchez into a winner?  Oh wait, Rex already did.

Parcells gave this franchise a direction which maybe set the franchise on not being the laughing stock for the next decade plus.

But Rex has done great as well. I still cannot understand the fire Rex sentiment at the start of the off season.

He would make a better impression if he walked away from this with multiple premium picks.

Absolutely.  Idzik knows that he can't come out of this without a 2013 1st rounder.  The rest can be argued about.

Absolutely.  Idzik knows that he can't come out of this without a 2013 1st rounder.  The rest can be argued about.

I don't see how he gets it. 2nd rounder this year (a pick in the 33-65 range) and a conditional 2014 (that turns into a 1st if Revis walks on water) might be the best they get. 

I don't see how he gets it. 2nd rounder this year (a pick in the 33-65 range) and a conditional 2014 (that turns into a 1st if Revis walks on water) might be the best they get. 

If the offer doesn't include a #1 this year, hang up the phone. Would rather pay him his contract number and let him go than not get a #1. if the Bucs improve their 2014 #1 would probably be low anyway.

Eagles have the 4th overall pick.

If this trade happens at this time of the off season, with Revis not having run yet, I suspect that there will be one pick this year 2-3, and a conditional pick next year if they sign him.

A team would have to be insane to give up multiple picks in this draft

I don't think people understand that, in most sports, you never get equal value in return for a player like Revis.  It's just the way it is.

No team, unless they were idiots, would give up a top 10 pick and then some for Revis.    Expecting that is just absurd.   

As much as people love to slurp the Seahawks,  they've been a team who overpaid for guys like Whitehurst, signed a  guy like Flynn to a crazy deal, etc. So them trading away picks for Harvin isn't out of the blue.    Maybe the Jets can trade Revis to the Seahawks. But how many picks do they have left?    

That's because you're blind.

Because Vinny Testaverde was racking up Super Bowls before he came here.

The prevailing pro Belichick wisdom is that Vinny had matured and was becoming a serious QB with the Browns.  He went 9-4 and then the following year they knew they were leaving to move to Baltimore and the wheels fell off.  The Ravens started out with old Colts coach Ted Marchibroda from the Bert Jones - Roger Carr - Lydell Mitchell Colts and had a top 5 offense the first year, but a sucky D.  Vinny T made the pro bowl over 4,000 yards and 30 TDs. The following year Testaverde regressed a bit and was replaced by QB of the future (Eric Zeier! I had to look this up I was way off) and the next year Belly supposedly championed his joining the Jets.  Vinny was a victim of circumstance!  

* No I do not buy this, but it is what I have repeatedly been told by a rabid pro Belichick Giants fan.

Archived