Jets have "good" offer on table for Revis

Greenseed4

Revis seems to think he's healthy.  His agent thinks he's healthy.  The Jets seem to think he's healthy enough to try and get top draft picks for him.

Whether or not he returns to form nobody knows, but at this point,  if he is indeed healthy or 90+ percent, he will leave the jets like Welker left new England.   

Stop indenting the first line of your paragraphs, you aren't typesetting a novel!!!!! LOL

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buccaneers are on board, all the way up to the Glazers. Only sticking point is we want their 2013 1st and they want to give us a 2014 1st.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--sources--buccaneers-management-on-board-with-potential-trade-for-jets-cb-darrelle-revis-012201366.html

We will see.... what does "That includes paying Revis what is considered an acceptable salary" really mean to the Bucs and to Revis.

This entire trade process means nothing if Revis doesn't agree to a new deal.  Nobody is giving up any firsts for a guy who won't sign a new contract.

Buccaneers are on board, all the way up to the Glazers. Only sticking point is we want their 2013 1st and they want to give us a 2014 1st.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--sources--buccaneers-management-on-board-with-potential-trade-for-jets-cb-darrelle-revis-012201366.html

Things certainly sound like they are getting close.  At this point I'd bet on it happening, particularly if the Bucs are willing to part with a first, but it's now time for the Jets to buckle down and squeeze every last bit they can out of them in return.

The burden of knowledge.

By knowledge you surely me the over-reactive instincts of a white trash house wife that spends 18 hours a day on the couch watching the news reveling in the terror and doom they fabricate to keep her tuned in? Right?

Bucs should fold on that. There's no player available at 13 that will approach Revis's contribution over the next five years.

Best part of that story: no comments from the Jets end anywhere in it. Idzik has the ship sealed tight.

We will see.... what does "That includes paying Revis what is considered an acceptable salary" really mean to the Bucs and to Revis.

This entire trade process means nothing if Revis doesn't agree to a new deal.  Nobody is giving up any firsts for a guy who won't sign a new contract.

Even if there have been no formal negotiations as of yet, I'm sure the Bucs at least know by now how much Revis is looking for, especially considering he has the same agent as Jackson.  The Bucs wouldn't be going through all of this song and dance if they were going to then try to low-ball Revis in negotiations.

This is what you do when you are in the same division as Brees, Graham and co., Matty Ice, Roddy, Julio, Gonzo, and Cam Newton.

I'll take both of those 1st rounders. Thank you very much.

By knowledge you surely me the over-reactive instincts of a white trash house wife that spends 18 hours a day on the couch watching the news reveling in the terror and doom they fabricate to keep her tuned in? Right?

It's like you see right through me.

Bucs should fold on that. There's no player available at 13 that will approach Revis's contribution over the next five years.

Best part of that story: no comments from the Jets end anywhere in it. Idzik has the ship sealed tight.

Like a whale's vagina.

They should do a uniform re-design... and move the team to San Deee-ahhhhgo!!!! 

san_diego_a_whales_vagina_card-p13747202

This is what you do when you are in the same division as Brees, Graham and co., Matty Ice, Roddy, Julio, Gonzo, and Cam Newton.

I'll take both of those 1st rounders. Thank you very much.

hey i'd love a first round pick this season, another pick and a first round pick next year.   Even though this isnt' a stud filled draft, having #9 and #13 this season should help start the rebuild.

If they can get a third this draft, Tampa's 2014 first, and change I think that's good enough. Basically equivalent on the value chart to what the Vikes got for Harvin. Anything less I'd be disappointed with.

If they can get a third this draft, Tampa's 2014 first, and change I think that's good enough. Basically equivalent on the value chart to what the Vikes got for Harvin. Anything less I'd be disappointed with.

From what the reports say, the Bucs would walk instead of giving up the #13 pick this season.    

They hope with all their moves that the 2014 pick is like #25.  Aka the Seahawks first round pick was #25 this year.

I'd be ok with a 2nd round pick this year (not sure what it is but maybe #44),  3rd or 4th rounder this year,  a 1st next year and a 3rd or 4th next year.    4 picks that if used well, would help the Jets rebuild.  

Somewhere in Buffalo, Pettine is dying to say something. 

if the Jets get a 1st rounder of any kind for Revis I will be shocked. They aren't bargaining from a position of strength.

If they don't get atleast one 1st and a 3rd that could turn into a 1st based on performance I'd walk away unless there's no chance of signing him long term. In that case you take the best u can.

if the Jets want the Bucs 13 pick I kinda like that. It implies they have designs on having 2 picks in the top 15 of this year's draft, which is kinda cool. Maybe they have enough prospects all graded out in that area that they will be happy with 2 instant starters with potential. 

From what the reports say, the Bucs would walk instead of giving up the #13 pick this season.    

They hope with all their moves that the 2014 pick is like #25.  Aka the Seahawks first round pick was #25 this year.

I'd be ok with a 2nd round pick this year (not sure what it is but maybe #44),  3rd or 4th rounder this year,  a 1st next year and a 3rd or 4th next year.    4 picks that if used well, would help the Jets rebuild.  

That would be a massive haul, I don't think anyone would complain about that but might be a bit more than they'll get.

They aren't going to resign him. It's just not happening. You don't attempt to trade a player and then back off and assume he's going to play nice. He's already pissed and he's been pissed at the Jets and his contract for years. He might always be pissed about money. Who knows. But he's not going to give the Jets any discount, he might sign for $13 million with the Patriots, but he'll demand $16 million + from the Jets. Some players give their team a discount. The way this has played out and if Rex is run out of town (aka the only guy on the Jets who seems to want him), he'll run away as fast as they can.

And really, if they wait till the season is over and try to resign him, and the Jets wind up 4-12, and many good teams can offer Revis just as much as the Jets, why would he resign?

There are multiple posters who think like this.

I don't mean to pick on you or anything...it's just that this reads like a lot of made up narrative...because that is what it is.

- Aren't going to resign him because he's been mad for years? According to who? Manish?

- He might sign for 13 with the Pats but will look for 16+ from the Jets because he's mad?

- Only Ryan is interested in him staying a Jet?

- 4-12 with Revis, again.

What is aaaaaaaaany of this stuff based on? It isn't facts, it isn't reality. Yet it's one of the most popular narratives on here, or very close to the narrative.

Jets are playing it cool, and attempting to drive up the market, IMHO.

That article also states that Revis is believed to be seeking $15-16M/year. Do you believe it in full or in part?

Yeah it's believable. I also know that every team is under the same cap constraints. Someone's gonna pay him that money. I don't believe that they can't afford Revis. they just choose not to afford him. 

Archived