Free Agency News & Rumors

Bleedin Green

Looks like Keller is looking for 7 mill per year. I would give him a 6 mill per year deal laden with incentive clauses!

I would draft one of the top 2 TEs in this draft and never mention Kellers over-rated name again.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just found an awesome web-site, which I will keep to myself to increase my post count ;)

It listed the players and the teams that have "shown interest".

Jets:

SS-Charles Woodson...yes, please.  He'd be a perfect 46 box safety, with out of this world veteran leadership.

RB-Mike Goodson...getting the red carpet treatment according to our favorite Mehta. Would be a great all-around value back.  

QB-Jason Campbell...yelch. 

WR-Brandon Gibson...if you haven't watched the youtube vids on this kid, check em out.  He'd be a LEGIT pick up. 

Interesting that he has no known interests yet:

SS-Bernard Pollard...Really?  Nobody is interested in this guy?  I know his playing style is getting phased out of the league, but come on, he can still play. 

I would draft one of the top 2 TEs in this draft and never mention Kellers over-rated name again.

Keller's going to look a lot better with a real QB. That said, I'd prefer someone who can block in addition to catching the football. Playcalling based on what TE was in the game got silly at points over the last few seasons.

They should draft one of the top 2 TEs in this draft even if Keller returns. 

The tall, fast one that can catch but not block...or the other tall, fast one that can catch but not block?

I say we aim for TE's #3-5 (Gavin Escobar, Travis Kelce, Vance McDonald) They are slower, but better rounded all-around TEs.  The kind that don't tip off passing plays to the defense. 

Not going to lie...Eifert is pretty damn amazing.

sidenote: Hayden Smith is 6'8'' 240 and can jump.

Eifert is pretty impressive. Don't think he'll be an elite NFL TE, but should be very solid. I'd rather get Kelce/McDonald later as you noted a couple posts above. Tannenbaum at some point on NFL Network said the first team D couldn't cover Smith in practice, but I'd hope if that was the case he would've played.

Seahawks added Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril. Yeesh.

Maybe they think this is the last season they'll be allowed to rush the passer, adding those two to Clemons and Irvin.

I think Eifert is in a different class than the rest of the TEs, including Ertz. 

I love his patented move--the backward diving catch.  It's like the bicycle kick of football.  American, football. 

All you need to know about him is that in the Championship game, Alabama put Dee Milliner on him and he still put up 6 for 61. 

Draft away. But drafting them at #9 would be too early and the Top 2 guys may not last till we get to pick in the second round. So its not sure fire thing we can draft the TE we want.

Whether Keller is over rated or not that remains to be seen when he plays with a competent QB.

At this point the money had dried out for FA signings. So not sure we might any more huge deals apart from say a Jake Long deal.

Given that Dolphins did not sign him maybe we could get him for even a one year deal. It fills a need position at a time when there are already too many holes on this team.

Are the Jets going to have a FB this season?  I can't remember if Mornhinweg used them much.  I know they had Weaver and Owen Schmitt, but will he want one here?  They already signed tweener Hilliard and have used Reuland in that role the way the Eagles sometimes used Cellek.  I was thinking a pass catching FB would be a nice addition.  Brian Leonard came to mind, but that is just cause I am a Rutgers guy.  He didn't do much, especially lately but he is a FA.

I'd also be willing to bet that if the compensatory rules are the way we think, the Jets are more careful to sign guys that are cut rather than expired contracts.  It makes sense to maximize compensatory picks when so many are poised to make the team.  That is a reason not to sign guys like Yeremiah Bell who they might have wanted back.

Are the Jets going to have a FB this season?  I can't remember if Mornhinweg used them much.  I know they had Weaver and Owen Schmitt, but will he want one here?  They already signed tweener Hilliard and have used Reuland in that role the way the Eagles sometimes used Cellek.  I was thinking a pass catching FB would be a nice addition.  Brian Leonard came to mind, but that is just cause I am a Rutgers guy.  He didn't do much, especially lately but he is a FA.

I'd also be willing to bet that if the compensatory rules are the way we think, the Jets are more careful to sign guys that are cut rather than expired contracts.  It makes sense to maximize compensatory picks when so many are poised to make the team.  That is a reason not to sign guys like Yeremiah Bell who they might have wanted back.

I don't think we'll see the Jets use a traditional fullback as much as they used to, which I also think is the exact reason they brought back Hilliard, as he can fill a lot of roles.  He's a solid FB but can run and play on ST, so it gives them someone to slide in that role while not committing a roster spot solely to one position they likely don't plan on using all that much.

I don't think we'll see the Jets use a traditional fullback as much as they used to, which I also think is the exact reason they brought back Hilliard, as he can fill a lot of roles.  He's a solid FB but can run and play on ST, so it gives them someone to slide in that role while not committing a roster spot solely to one position they likely don't plan on using all that much.

I'm assuming a completely new offense.  Hilliard is okay, but there certainly should be competition and I would bet an UDFA given a proper chance could unseat him.  I was not impressed with Hilliard's hands and I think that spot should catch.

I'm assuming a completely new offense.  Hilliard is okay, but there certainly should be competition and I would bet an UDFA given a proper chance could unseat him.  I was not impressed with Hilliard's hands and I think that spot should catch.

Agreed that they'll probably go with an UDFA or perhaps grab someone off the scrap heap during camp.  Either way, I can promise you done are the days of the Jets carrying 2 traditional FBs who have no other particular skills.

Agreed that they'll probably go with an UDFA or perhaps grab someone off the scrap heap during camp.  Either way, I can promise you done are the days of the Jets carrying 2 traditional FBs who have no other particular skills.

I don't think they really did that under Tannenbaum.  The first year they still had Askew, but he wasn't a real FB.  The following year they tried that banger from Miami, Darian Barnes, but he didn't last the season.  It looked like he didn't know what hole to hit and the ended up using TE Sean Ryan there most of the year.  The running game was so bad that they went established and picked up Richardson, Jones and Faneca.  Rex had a few good looking banger FBs so they carried them and I think they were good special teamers- Connor in particular.  Now I want a finesse FB. Like Rob Carpenter with the Giants in the 1600's or Richie Anderson.  It is an easy cheap position to fill. 

It will be the absolute highlight of the 4 or 5 games he plays this season.

I am thinking he will be nursing a hammie and probably wont play (leopard doesnt change his spots)

I've been seeing a lot of this lately and I'm curious where exactly is this coming from?  The guy hadn't missed a single game in his career before last season.  I can get some people not being big fans, but he hardly qualifies as injury prone.

I've been seeing a lot of this lately and I'm curious where exactly is this coming from?  The guy hadn't missed a single game in his career before last season.  I can get some people not being big fans, but he hardly qualifies as injury prone.

he was 'dinged' and didnt start but made token appearances for 4  games in 2009, 3 in 2010 and 3 in 2011.

Plus he was always dinged , even when playing, not good for a guy who uses speed

Hey Good luck to him, I just thought he really slowed down recently,, not valuable to me as a pass catch TE ..Just my thoughts

Antwan Barnes left without a contract. Brandon Gibson signs with Dolphins.

What do you think of that?  It probably means they are lowballing people and considering the guys they are going for, that is probably a good thing.  These aren't must haves. It will be interesting to see how things shake out.  I read they offered Barnes $2M. 

Archived