Free Agency News & Rumors

Bleedin Green

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would love every second of this.  What a f*ck you that would be to Brady and Bellichik.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Broncos are in "serious talks" with free agent Wes Welker, and are "trying to hammer out an agreement."
Per Schefter, a resolution is expected Wednesday. It's possible it's a leverage ploy from an increasingly restless Welker camp, but it would be an act of war in the Peyton Manning/Tom Brady rivalry if true. The move would be damaging to both Welker and Eric Decker's fantasy value, but a huge boon for a team with a Super Bowl or bust mentality. No team would have a better receiver corps than Denver if Welker headed west. Peyton Manning would be even more impossible to defend.

peyton and welker holy sh*t

Honestly the Jets should be on the phone with the Broncos and throw out the "win now or else" and try to trade Revis to them.

They probably don't have cap room to sign revis long term, but a one year rental for that team,  a team who has a small window because Manning has a few great seasons left...it's now or never.

I think the move would be there to make with them.  Revis this season for a few draft picks.  Might not be a 1st, but you probably could get a bunch of picks from them this year and next.   They are "all in" this super bowl or bust season so. And throw out the line, "Well if you had Revis last year, you don't lose to the Ravens."

Would love every second of this. What a f*ck you that would be to Brady and Bellichik.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Broncos are in "serious talks" with free agent Wes Welker, and are "trying to hammer out an agreement."

Per Schefter, a resolution is expected Wednesday. It's possible it's a leverage ploy from an increasingly restless Welker camp, but it would be an act of war in the Peyton Manning/Tom Brady rivalry if true. The move would be damaging to both Welker and Eric Decker's fantasy value, but a huge boon for a team with a Super Bowl or bust mentality. No team would have a better receiver corps than Denver if Welker headed west. Peyton Manning would be even more impossible to defend.

Who chokes more in the postseason: Manning or Welker?

Conor Orr@ConorTOrr

There it is. RT @AdamSchefter: Titans reached agreement on a three-year, $10 million deal with former Jets RB Shonn Greene.

Good for Greene.  I think that's probably a good fit for him there backing up CJ.  That said, I certainly wouldn't have wanted the Jets to give him that deal.  They're much better served moving on.

DHB is a xerox copy of Hills, except Hill has more potential imo.

At first I was going to disagree, then I looked up their Combine stats (nfl.com)...and you're absolutely right.  Hill has two inches on Bey-Bey but aside from that, they're both explosive, fast dudes with long arms and small (ish) hands.

Hill (6'4, 215) ran a 4.36 forty, and jumped a 39.5'' vert... 133'' broad...   Hand size = 9 3/8  Arm length = 33 3/8

Heyward-Bey (6'2, 210) ran a 4.30 forty, and jumped a 38.5'' vert... 126'' broad...  Hand size = 9'  Arm length = 33 5/8

Conor Orr‏@ConorTOrr

Confirmed that the #Jets have re-signed Hilliard on a 1-year deal.

#Championship

Why?!!! It's a dead position that we don't need, and he's not particularly good.

At this point I have to believe we're just signing whoever we can for the least amount possible to fill out a 53. 

Why?!!! It's a dead position that we don't need, and he's not particularly good.

At this point I have to believe we're just signing whoever we can for the least amount possible to fill out a 53. 

It seems to be the case.  A bunch of crappy players that cost nothing and they can dump after a year.

What's John Conner doing these days?

Last I heard:

Marcus tore out the hardware linking him to Skynet and assisted John in battling a new T-800 model 101 Terminator. John was mortally wounded during the fight, but succeeded in destroying the Skynet base by rigging several Terminator fuel cells to explode, detonating them as he, Marcus, Kyle, and Star were airlifted out. Kate attempted to save John's life, but his heart was too damaged. Marcus offered his own heart for transplant, sacrificing himself to save John. Recovering, John radioed to the other Resistance fighters that though that battle was won, the war is far from over.

Lex is actually a very good special teams guy who can be a serviceable FB and in a pinch can play a little RB.  These are the types of guys you can hop to fill out with the minimum salaries.  

At first I was going to disagree, then I looked up their Combine stats (nfl.com)...and you're absolutely right.  Hill has two inches on Bey-Bey but aside from that, they're both explosive, fast dudes with long arms and small (ish) hands.

Hill (6'4, 215) ran a 4.36 forty, and jumped a 39.5'' vert... 133'' broad...   Hand size = 9 3/8  Arm length = 33 3/8

Heyward-Bey (6'2, 210) ran a 4.30 forty, and jumped a 38.5'' vert... 126'' broad...  Hand size = 9'  Arm length = 33 5/8

But if it is a short term rental at the right price that can upgrade the talent level at that position where the JETS Have lot of question marks then what's the harm in giving him a try.

As i said earlier in some thread yesterday. DHB should not have been drafted in the Top 10. The only route i have seen him run good is the straight line. But he have some Q marks at that straight line running and CATCHING the ball department!

Archived