Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Titans reached agreement w/Shonn Green

36 posts in this topic

Registered members don't see this ad. Register today, it is free! If you already have an account you can log in here.

Posted · Report post

Potential comp pick in 2014. Maybe as high as a fifth rounder.

And that's about all I think about that.

Posted · Report post

Holy **** is there going to be a lot of holes on this team.

Posted · Report post

Trading Revis sounding REEEEEEEAALLLLL good.

Posted · Report post

Green was a good Jet and help the Jets get to 2 championship games , i wish him the best of luck

Posted · Report post

He will suffer without Rex's mentorship. Hope he thought of that.

Posted · Report post

Eh...not a big loss especially now that we are a West Coast Offense

Posted · Report post

Greene is the new Lendale White.

Posted · Report post

I would never have given him 3/10 anyway not at his age so goodbye, best of luck Shonne

Posted · Report post

Green was a good Jet and help the Jets get to 2 championship games , i wish him the best of luck

No he wasn't. He was a JAG.

Posted · Report post

We will be better for losing him. We probably get a decent comp pick for him. Our running game will also remain at least the same without him by simply spreading his carries out to Powell, McKnight, and likely drafted RB. Shonn Greene was an interesting thumper when he first came in the league, but the explosive runs dried up quickly and his failure to break tackles as a power runner was alarming at best. He was just another guy Rex pimped to try and raise morale. 

Posted · Report post

We're going to miss him weeks 11-17, when he started getting warmed up.

Posted · Report post

No he wasn't. He was a JAG.

I think you are wrong , he help the Jets beat the Pats in the playoff  but it is you think fine

Posted · Report post

Meh, addition by subtraction. Greene sucked.

Posted · Report post

Trading Revis sounding REEEEEEEAALLLLL good.

Its been a while since I've said this, but I agree 100% with you. Im huge on Revis, but im a Jet fan first and foremost and we're seriously in need of some talent. Revis will in fact be traded. Wish he would restructure or take a paycut, but thats not happening. 

Posted · Report post

+1

He's a great back up, change of pace. Wish we could have kept him in that role. Wish him the best of luck out there! 

Posted · Report post

Meh, addition by subtraction. Greene sucked.

I agree he sux but there's a lot of spots that need to be filled on this team. The next few months should atleast be interesting.

Posted · Report post

I agree he sux but there's a lot of spots that need to be filled on this team. The next few months should atleast be interesting.

RB in theory should be one of the easier ones though, especially when you consider Powell looks like a better player than him and is still a Jet. We essentially lost our 1B. That's replaceable via the draft or a 2nd tier free agent.

I would never support giving a mediocre RB his second contract, there's almost no benefit to the team in that deal for that position. Draft RBs always, and if you get yourself an Adrian Peterson, then you pay them, otherwise: churn and burn, on to the next one.

Posted · Report post

he'll keep Chris Johnson's career revived  if they keep him a few years and jf produces...i mean if they are smart enough to give Greene a 100 carries and give Chris Johnson 200 to 260 ish rushes

Posted · Report post

RB in theory should be one of the easier ones though, especially when you consider Powell looks like a better player than him and is still a Jet. We essentially lost our 1B. That's replaceable via the draft or a 2nd tier free agent.

I would never support giving a mediocre RB his second contract, there's almost no benefit to the team in that deal for that position. Draft RBs always, and if you get yourself an Adrian Peterson, then you pay them, otherwise: churn and burn, on to the next one.

I agree but it's still another spot that needs to be replaced. As far as Greene goes ****'em. I wouldn't of given him another contract outside of something just over the minimum.

Posted · Report post

Why not sign Cruz and give up the #1 pick??

Posted · Report post

I agree but it's still another spot that needs to be replaced. As far as Greene goes ****'em. I wouldn't of given him another contract outside of something just over the minimum.

I guess what I'm saying is, we have NOTHING at RB... so whether we re-signed Greene or he signed elsewhere we still needed to add a starting RB. So, it's sort of the least relevant loss of the off-season so far.

Losing Devito and Yeremiah hurt more, they were starting caliber players. Greene was just the guy we had no choice but to use.

Somewhere deep in the Jets scouting department there has to be someone accountable for the FACT that they have not drafted a decent running back since Lamont Jordan, and even with him is was a flash in the pan and didn't get used here. It's disgusting how inefficient the Jets scouts have been (regardless of GM) at drafting RB, safety and QB. For some reason we NEVER hit on those positions.

Posted · Report post

Why not sign Cruz and give up the #1 pick??

Because Cruz is not worth a 1 or what he's going to want to get paid. 

Posted · Report post

Because Cruz is not worth a 1 or what he's going to want to get paid. 

what makes you say that

Posted · Report post

I guess what I'm saying is, we have NOTHING at RB... so whether we re-signed Greene or he signed elsewhere we still needed to add a starting RB. So, it's sort of the least relevant loss of the off-season so far.

Losing Devito and Yeremiah hurt more, they were starting caliber players. Greene was just the guy we had no choice but to use.

Somewhere deep in the Jets scouting department there has to be someone accountable for the FACT that they have not drafted a decent running back since Lamont Jordan, and even with him is was a flash in the pan and didn't get used here. It's disgusting how inefficient the Jets scouts have been (regardless of GM) at drafting RB, safety and QB. For some reason we NEVER hit on those positions.

Yet through all of this the Jets have managed to snag UDFA RBs who looked great, got cut anyway, and ultimately went on to have success with other teams.  Go figure.