Donte Stallworth hurt in balloon accident

slowmoe57

For all our legal folk out there: I'm just curious, is there any precedence set for citing someone operating a hot-air balloon while intoxicated?? I know anything on wheels you can be cuffed for and obviously you can't fly a plane drunk, but I wasn't sure if the air was as regulated as the ground say for things like a balloon or hang-glider?  Just for future reference, you never know where a night's gonna take ya.

I don't know Broadway, but if we send Mark up in one, and he gets fried, will he still count against the cap?

Actually, I don't believe so.  I know it was rhetorical lol, but I'm pretty sure the death of a player negates the contract and thus any effect on your cap.  Slats or Sperm probably would know. 

For all our legal folk out there: I'm just curious, is there any precedence set for citing someone operating a hot-air balloon while intoxicated?? I know anything on wheels you can be cuffed for and obviously you can't fly a plane drunk, but I wasn't sure if the air was as regulated as the ground say for things like a balloon or hang-glider?  Just for future reference, you never know where a night's gonna take ya.

pretty sure things things are a no no in the player contract.  even riding motorcycles is a no no

pretty sure things things are a no no in the player contract.  even riding motorcycles is a no no

Can't wait until there's specific writing in contracts mentioning hot air-balloons or dirigibles, should someone hijack the met-lifeballoon.  However, I was more referring to the ramifications in the real world, not necessarily what would happen with their contract.  Is a hot-air balloon operator subjected to the same rules as a pilot?? I dunno, I was just curious if someone had been cited/arrested for floating/flying while intoxicated...seems rather hard to police and or notice.  You just hear about all the schmucks who get arrested for driving their john deer down to the piggly wiggly to pick up another six pack because they were too drunk to drive..i guess I wouldn't be too surprised if this had happened before.

Can't wait until there's specific writing in contracts mentioning hot air-balloons or dirigibles, should someone hijack the met-lifeballoon. However, I was more referring to the ramifications in the real world, not necessarily what would happen with their contract. Is a hot-air balloon operator subjected to the same rules as a pilot?? I dunno, I was just curious if someone had been cited/arrested for floating/flying while intoxicated...seems rather hard to police and or notice. You just hear about all the schmucks who get arrested for driving their john deer down to the piggly wiggly to pick up another six pack because they were too drunk to drive..i guess I wouldn't be too surprised if this had happened before.

I think the law state operating a vehicle. You can get a DUI on a bicycle

Balloon operators are licensed pilots.  The rules for operating a hot air balloon is the same as those for a small plane. 

With that said, did it say in the article that he was drunk?  Hot air balloons are very tricky to fly.  You are really at the mercy of the air currents 

Balloon operators are licensed pilots.  The rules for operating a hot air balloon is the same as those for a small plane. 

With that said, did it say in the article that he was drunk?  Hot air balloons are very tricky to fly.  You are really at the mercy of the air currents 

Very interesting. I just assumed if you happened to own a hot-air balloon, besides a few safety or instructional courses you were good to go, kind of like a boat.  There used to be a big hot-air balloon festival in upstate new york about an hour from where I grew up and I just never assumed all those people had a license. 

No mention if he was drunk or not, I just immediately thought of those stories where men are arrested for drunk driving their lawn mowers, motorized coolers etc. and my mind immediately jumped to a headline of someone getting arrested for ballooning while under the influence.

Very interesting. I just assumed if you happened to own a hot-air balloon, besides a few safety or instructional courses you were good to go, kind of like a boat.  There used to be a big hot-air balloon festival in upstate new york about an hour from where I grew up and I just never assumed all those people had a license. 

No mention if he was drunk or not, I just immediately thought of those stories where men are arrested for drunk driving their lawn mowers, motorized coolers etc. and my mind immediately jumped to a headline of someone getting arrested for ballooning while under the influence.

It’s funny this article was up today.   I just came back from driving the chase truck for a Hot Air Balloon.

Lunched at sunrise were done at 10:30  Now the beer and hot wings begin.  

Hot air balloons are scary as hell.  Who the hell wants to go hundreds of feet into the sky in nothing more than a giant picnic basket strapped to it with a freaking flame thrower under it?  Not me.,  

If there was a pig on a spit on top of that flamethrower, you wouldn't pass up the trip.

It’s funny this article was up today.   I just came back from driving the chase truck for a Hot Air Balloon.

Lunched at sunrise were done at 10:30  Now the beer and hot wings begin.  

See, that's the mode of transportation that I'd want to be in during a hot-air balloon race; the truck.  You get to enjoy all the festivities of the beer and hot wings, without the risk of falling from the sky.  I still eventually want to go in one, but I'm not so sure I'd be comfortable without somehow tethering myself to the basket.

See, that's the mode of transportation that I'd want to be in during a hot-air balloon race; the truck.  You get to enjoy all the festivities of the beer and hot wings, without the risk of falling from the sky.  I still eventually want to go in one, but I'm not so sure I'd be comfortable without somehow tethering myself to the basket.

It’s my friends balloon.  I work for beer.

Was up in one last year.  Will never do it again.  Scary crap

Edit:  I have no idea why it double quoted.  Oh Well

It’s my friends balloon.  I work for beer.

Was up in one last year.  Will never do it again.  Scary crap

Edit:  I have no idea why it double quoted.  Oh Well

Solid payment plan.  As I mentioned, I've never been in one, yet somehow the only recurring nightmare that I've ever has involved me being in a hot-air balloon with a two foot tall basket and falling out or hanging from one of the ropes or something along those lines. I've taken it as a sign from the universe to just avoid them.

Anyways, how high do the baskets actually come up on you?? I feel like anything below four feet and I'm gonna have to pass unless they actually tie me to it.  

Archived