I’m going to factor a Revis trade in this draft. The trade will be a second this year, and a conditional 1st next year. The Buc’s second will be in shown in this mock.
1) Jarvis Jones………Of all the pass rushers in this draft, IMO Jones has the least immediate bust factor. Yes I know about his injury, but he has been cleared by everyone who has looked at him that he has no more chance of a sudden traumatic injury then any other player. The danger is that he may wind up retiring in his early 30’s. I’ll take that risk over a player that may be a bust at 23
2a) Zach Ertz TE……….MM offense requires a pass catching TE. With Keller gone there will be a TE early in the draft. Ertz is a big (6’5” 250# ) tough kid who caught 69 balls for 900 yards. Will replace Keller’s production as a rookie.
2b) Damontre Moore LB……..Moore’s combine performance will knock him out of the top 5 in the draft, to the 2nd round. The lack of reps on the bench (12 at combine 19 at Pro Day) concerns me more then his lack of speed. Indicates to me a poor work ethic. Still I’ve seen this kid play, and he is good at football. I’ll gamble on him here. Doubt he’ll be a bust. Question is, will he ever hit his potential? If the lights go on for him, Couples, Jones, and Moore, will have Brady soiling his pants
3) Eric Reid S……….Perfect replacement for Landry. Good size speed combo. (4.53 6’1” 213#) Brings the hammer. Played a bit inconsistently last year, but has a knack for big plays in big games. Think he will terrorize Keller twice a year. I also like EJ Manual here, but think he will be gone
4) Brian Winters OG…….. Big Boy (6’4” 320) Hurt his shoulder at the combine. I don’t know how bad. I had him in the 2-3 round but hope he falls to the 4th. Very versatile player, has played LT most of his career, but IMO will look great as an inside player
5) Marcus Lattimore RB……… Here’s a scary pick. IMO Lattimore might be the best RB in the country. Problem is his knees are made of glass. Jets have shown they are willing to take a gamble on injured players with a high upside (Landry, Colon, Goodson, and Garay) The medical, and training staff had great success with Landry last season, think they could roll the dice here. Having Powell, Goodson, and McKnight already on the roster, they can go slowly with him in the first half of the season. If Lattimore can stay healthy, could be the steal of the draft . It’s a 5th round pick.
6) Chris Harper WR……….Former QB, who is a wide body for a WR (6’1” 230) Average speed 4.55. Smooth athletic, good hands . Think he fit’s the WCO as a 3-4 WR
7) Sean Renfree QB……… Hard to tell where this guy is going to go. Duke isn’t exactly an NFL factory. If he is here I’ll take him in a heart beat. Decent size, speed, and seems to have an NFL arm