3rd mock draft

bitonti

Over the past couple weeks or so I've really started to like Werner. He started the conversion when he came into 2012 with a less bulky body than the 2011 version and showed much improved athleticism. Since then it's been a slow crawl but I like him.

Of all the guys in this draft I've seen Suggs comps to...Jones and Moore...he's the one that most physically resembles and plays like Suggs.

Gym rat!

In all seriousness, are there character concerns with Mingo, Werner, Jones that might set them apart? Do any of them carry the "takes plays off" label?

believe it or not Werner is the one most known for taking plays off out of the three (the specific complaint is not pursuing on the back side). This could be an experience issue. 

Mingo is supposedly workman like and impressed coaches with attitude. If they are both there it's a tough call.  I know my mock doesn't reflect it but Mingo should prob go higher than Werner. 

Personally I'd be happy if any of the three fell (or Dion Jordan). 

Interesting mock Bit.  3 corners going in the top 12, both the big guys dropping out of the top 10, Cooper before Warmack both dropping out of top the 15, and 6 WR's going in the first round.

I see none of these things happening...lol

Interesting mock Bit.  3 corners going in the top 12, both the big guys dropping out of the top 10, Cooper before Warmack both dropping out of top the 15, and 6 WR's going in the first round.

'

maybe you can help explain to me the Floyd hype. I see a good player but very limited production. He didn't have any "national tv" moments like when Dareus knocked out Colt McCoy. He doesn't have Suh's production. Why is everyone in the world mocking him 3 to Oakland? Especially when they actually signed a couple DT in FA?  note im not saying Floyd sucks I just don't see why he's top 10. He seems kinda like Glenn Dorsey. With less production. 

Pauline said earlier this draft season that we're going to be very surprised at how many CBs and DBs go in this draft. Despite the lack of impact the position has on the sport in the 21st century teams just can't find enough good ones. 

'

maybe you can help explain to me the Floyd hype. I see a good player but very limited production. He didn't have any "national tv" moments like when Dareus knocked out Colt McCoy. He doesn't have Suh's production. Why is everyone in the world mocking him 3 to Oakland? Especially when they actually signed a couple DT in FA?  note im not saying Floyd sucks I just don't see why he's top 10. He seems kinda like Glenn Dorsey. With less production. 

I'm not a mock guy, so I dont know.  I can tell you, thats he's one of the most disruptive force's I've ever seen play DT for the Gators.  Absolutely impossible to block one on one.  He might not have made every play but he created lanes for everyone around him to make plays.  His production isnt all world when you compare him to the rest of the league, but it was strong for the Gators.  I think he's going to be a load playing DT in the 4-3 and maybe even 3-4 DE.  I've seen comparisons to our very own Mo Wilk.

His swim move is nasty.  Great burst, decent closing speed but you cant run in his direction.  He can collapse an OL.

I'm not sure if he's a top 10 talent but I dont see both him and Star dropping out, that was my point.

Pauline said earlier this draft season that we're going to be very surprised at how many CBs and DBs go in this draft. Despite the lack of impact the position has on the sport in the 21st century teams just can't find enough good ones. 

True...still dont see 3 going in the top 12.

Archived