• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 JetNation

JetNation

Transition Player

• Members
  • 5,810 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

The NFL draft is fast approaching.  With so many roster positions in need of upgrades, this draft is crucial for the Jets.  It is also the first draft under the leadership of GM John Idzik.   He can make his job easier by adding talent to the roster this April.

What are other Jets fans saying about the draft?  Who do they want the Jets to select?

Here are some thoughts by Jets fans from the JN Forums:

For more informati0n be sure to stop by our NFL draft forum and join the conversation.

#2 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 25,830 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

http://twitter.com/#...206155015806977
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#3 Matt39

Matt39

BAP

• Members
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

http://twitter.com/#...206155015806977

We both knew that already

#4 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 25,830 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

We both knew that already

Read his last three tweets, and the tweets of other scouts agreeing with him. Total beat down.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#5 Matt39

Matt39

BAP

• Members
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

Read his last three tweets, and the tweets of other scouts agreeing with him. Total beat down.

He isnt any good. What does he do on film that impresses people? The picks were all off of tipped passes. None of which he returned anywhere. Where were the negative tackles against good teams? 

The barely played any, but hell...he does nothing impressive. The kid who went undrafted to the Bengals looked a lot better on tape.

Edited by Matt39, 25 March 2013 - 11:04 AM.

#6 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 25,830 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

He isnt any good. What does he do on film that impresses people? The picks were all off of tipped passes. None of which he returned anywhere. Where were the negative tackles against good teams?

The barely played any, but hell...he does nothing impressive. The kid who went undrafted to the Bengals looked a lot better on tape.

He played at Notre Dame, so he must be awesome. Like every Duke basketball player.

#7 Matt39

Matt39

BAP

• Members
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

He played at Notre Dame, so he must be awesome. Like every Duke basketball player.

http://espn.go.com/n...lege/_/letter/n

#8 dbatesman

dbatesman

FUGGER

• Members
  • 8,215 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

So excited for CrazyCarl to get here.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#9 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 25,830 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

http://espn.go.com/n...lege/_/letter/n

It's like they sh*t titles.

#10 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 25,830 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

So excited for CrazyCarl to get here.

Something something first round something intangibles something something scouts are stupid something sanctity of sports in America something Golden Dome something cruel hoax something persevere something something solid, professional, something Hall of Fame is filled with Polynesians.

#11 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,052 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

Confirmed:

Idzik and some scouts are personally in Chapel Hill today at Pro Day.

Looking at RB/PR Gio Bernard, OL Jonathan Cooper, DT/NT Sylvester Williams and LB Kevin Reddick

Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#12 FoxJet

FoxJet

FLYING UNDER THE RADAR

• Members
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

http://www.cbssports...raft/mock-draft

LOOK AT MOCK DRAFT  AND YOU CAN TAKE THAT WR IN 2ND ROUND 

Edited by FoxJet, 26 March 2013 - 11:35 AM.

#13 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,271 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

You guys are either sad or pathetic. He did fine at his pro day. Experts say he'll go first round and he should. I'm not sure why you guys are making it a big deal. Just let it go already.

#14 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,052 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

IHOP

Idzik has O'Plan :)

Edited by SouthernJet, 26 March 2013 - 11:47 AM.

Posted Image

#15 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,052 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

Jonathan Cooper today at UNC Pro day where Idzik attended

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1485598109001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAA98vWgjk~,T2LWL6W4Cn0c91h6jViJn5uusnK6GBum&bclid=1196296183001&bctid=2255271388001

Edited by SouthernJet, 26 March 2013 - 02:10 PM.

Posted Image

#16 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,052 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

Idzik/Jets looking at Sylvester Williams today??

https://pbs.twimg.co...AQPOm.jpg:large

Edited by SouthernJet, 26 March 2013 - 02:34 PM.

Posted Image

#17 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,052 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

UNC Chapel Hill Pro Day Notebook

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. – Eighteen current and former Tar Heels auditioned for more than 40 NFL scouts and personnel at North Carolina’s Pro Day on Tuesday morning at Navy Fields.

* Fifteen members of the 2012 UNC football team worked out on a cold, windy morning – running back Gio Bernard, offensive guard Jonathan Cooper, linebacker Kevin Reddick, offensive tackle Brennan Williams, defensive tackle Sylvester Williams, kicker Casey Barth, offensive guard Travis Bond, wide receiver Jhay Boyd, linebacker Dion Guy, wide receiver Erik Highsmith, defensive back Pete Mangum, fullback Kenny Owens, fullback Devon Ramsay, defensive back Gene Robinson and long snapper Parker Thomas.

Former Tar Heels Quan Sturdivant, Brooks Foster and Curtis Byrd were also on hand to participate.

* As expected, the big names on the board – Cooper, Bernard, Reddick and Sylvester Williams – did not go through the majority of the early morning’s measurement testing. The exceptions were Bernard participating in the bench press (19 reps at 225 pounds) and Reddick in the vertical jump (30 ½”).

* Boyd, who also runs track for UNC, turned in an absurd list of results, ranging from a 4.46 40-yard dash to an 11-foot broad jump. The Gastonia, N.C. native also posted 41 ½” vertical jump, which may not have been completely accurate. According to a school official, 41 1/2” represents the measuring device’s ceiling.

Other notable measurements include Highsmith’s 4.6 40, Byrd’s 28 reps at 225 and Brennan Williams’ 28 ½” vertical jump.

* The festivities started at approximately 9:30am under strength and conditioning coach Lou Hernandez’s direction inside before the players and scouts made their way to Navy Fields at 10:30am for roughly 90 minutes worth of drills.

After standard drills such as the 3-cone, side shuttle and “60” – a suicide-type drill totaling 60 yards – the scouts split the players into groups for position-specific drills. NFL personnel, including Cincinnati head coach Marvin Lewis and Jacksonville head coach Gus Bradley, spent significant time watching UNC’s offensive linemen work through a variety of speed, agility and power drills.

* Sylvester Williams, the lone defensive lineman present, worked with the linebackers on several footwork drills, while Reddick took reps with the defensive backs during certain coverage drills.

* Former UNC quarterback Cam Sexton was on hand to throw balls to the running backs and wide receivers in passing drills.

* UNC head coach Larry Fedora and various members of his coaching staff were on hand to watch the drills, as well as current players such as Bryn Renner, Eric Ebron, Jabari Price, Tim Jackson and Jabari Price. Former assistant coach Ken Browning and suspended quarterback Marquise Williams were also present.

Fedora’s message to NFL personnel has focused on the character of his players.

“What I’m going to tell them is that these guys are going to help any team be better,” he said. “They’re going to be good quality citizens on their team. They’re not going to have to worry about them off the field and they’re going to help them win.”

Fedora also offered some insight in saying that Cooper will probably be selected earliest in the NFL draft, with Bernard, Reddick and Sylvester Williams in the second group.

Even so, Fedora acknowledges that he knows as much as his players do at this point: “It’s hard for me to tell where these guys are going to go.”

The players don’t know much about their likely destinations and most don’t even pay attention to the speculation swirling around leading up to the draft on Apr. 25.

“You probably know more than me,” Reddick told one reporter. “I promise. Trust me, they don’t tell us anything.”

Bernard prefers to not even look at mock drafts and the sort.

“I’ve been the type of guy to really stay away from that type of stuff,” Bernard said, who will begin private workouts on Apr. 1. “I love the game of football, so I really try to stay away from it. Obviously, family and others will say, ‘Oh, this team likes you,’ but it’s a point of blocking it, in one ear and out the other. So, for the most part, I just try to enjoy the process.”

* One potential concern for Bernard, who measured 5-8 ½ and 204 pounds, is whether or not he can be an every-down back at the next level.

Fedora quickly dismissed that notion on Tuesday, saying, “I assure you he can do it.”

More importantly, Fedora indicated that he has not been asked by any NFL personnel about Bernard’s potential to play every down.

* Various NFL scouts attended UNC’s football practice on Monday afternoon to learn how practices are run under the new regime, according to Fedora.

Edited by SouthernJet, 26 March 2013 - 03:42 PM.

Posted Image

#18 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,052 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

Carolina Panthers Official Video of the North Carolina Tar Heels Pro Day today in Chapel Hill:

http://www.panthers....2b-a3af30b6be8f

Posted Image

#19 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,089 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

Confirmed:
Idzik and some scouts are personally in Chapel Hill today at Pro Day.
Looking at RB/PR Gio Bernard, OL Jonathan Cooper, DT/NT Sylvester Williams and LB Kevin Reddick

UNC is mad underrated for NFL talent. All those guys can ball. My favorite school in the draft this year.

Edited by SenorGato, 26 March 2013 - 03:59 PM.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#20 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 25,830 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

UNC is mad underrated for NFL talent. All those guys can ball. My favorite school in the draft this year.

I think the signing of Goodson pretty much ended any chance that the Jets draft Bernard. Sly Williams is supposed to be drawing tons of interest, though.

#21 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,052 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

I think the signing of Goodson pretty much ended any chance that the Jets draft Bernard. Sly Williams is supposed to be drawing tons of interest, though.

Marvin Lewis was here today personally in Chapel Hill  and rumor is Bengals love Bernard and will reach for him at #21 in 1st round or try and trade  a few spots back and still grab him if they think feasible. 

Posted Image

#22 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,089 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

Bernard is actually the player I want least from there. Im not a believer in drafting a RB high unless he is a top notch talent. Cooper is a beast (is legitimately in the convo for best offensive PLAYER in this draft), Williams will last a decade+ in the league, and Reddick is one of the more versatile and complete LBers in the draft.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

#23 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,089 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

Why do people still care about a RBs height? Who really cares that Bernard is just under 5'9 now? I get the want for ideals, but how many of the top backs in the league are more than two maybe three inches taller?

Glad to hear Brennan Williams is progressing. I like him as a mid to late round pick. He could have gone higher but blew out his knee earlier in the year.

Edited by SenorGato, 26 March 2013 - 04:32 PM.

#24 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,052 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:55 AM

Gio Bernard interview at UNC Pro Day

http://link.brightco...d=2255553451001

Edited by SouthernJet, 27 March 2013 - 07:56 AM.

Posted Image

#25 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,052 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

Kevin Reddick and Sylvester Williams at UNC Pro Day

http://link.brightco...d=2255625272001

Posted Image