Best Case (Jets Only) Mock Draft (with the Revis to TB trade, #13)

HessStation

I'm looking for the safest hits out of the ball park with the first two picks. This is still football, which is still won in the trenches. Look at the teams who still go far in the playoffs. Still need to be strong up front and there's always a solid argument that the Line makes the skills players look much better than they actually are, including the QB.

This team is in a bit of a rebuilding stage, at least for this year, let's start solidifying and dominating at the Line Of Scrimmage.

1.9 Chance Warmack - OG Alabama

1.13 Jonathan Cooper - OG UNC

2.41 Jaime Collins - Southern Miss DE/OLB - could be a future star at a need. 

3.74 Vance McDonald - TE Rice - underrated guy who could be the complete NFL package and steal of the draft

4.105 DJ Swearinger - S South Carolina - hard hitting safety perfect for Ryan's D...if he's still there. 

5.136 Jawan Jamison - RB Rutgers - could slip due to a poor 40 and undersized but would be an absolute steal in the 5th. A tough runner who can catch out of the backfield, a pre-requ with Mornhinweg's offense.

6.166 Quanterus Smith - Western Kentucky - DE/OLB a potential pass rushing steal coming off surgery

7.197 Brad Wing - LSU P 

I'm looking for the safest hits out of the ball park with the first two picks. This is still football, which is still won in the trenches. Look at the teams who still go far in the playoffs. Still need to be strong up front and there's always a solid argument that the Line makes the skills players look much better than they actually are, including the QB.

This team is in a bit of a rebuilding stage, at least for this year, let's start solidifying and dominating at the Line Of Scrimmage.

3.74 Vance McDonald - TE Rice - underrated guy who could be the complete NFL package and steal of the draft

4.105 DJ Swearinger - S South Carolina - hard hitting safety perfect for Ryan's D...if he's still there. 

5.136 Jawan Jamison - RB Rutgers - could slip due to a poor 40 and undersized but would be an absolute steal in the 5th. A tough runner who can catch out of the backfield, a pre-requ with Mornhinweg's offense.

6.166 Quanterus Smith - Western Kentucky - DE/OLB a potential pass rushing steal coming off surgery

7.197 Brad Wing - LSU P 

I don't think anyone will take a guard at 9.

OMG - this would absolutely infuriate me.  Least favorite mock I've seen yet.  I'd literally throw my TV off my balcony if this happened. 

2 interior lineman with top 13 picks?  Are you out of your F'ing mind?  You just traded Revis for a ******* Guard? 

HORRIBLE!!!!!  

the problem with this is what if both of those players ARE Pro Bowlers, how would the Jets keep together the line when it's time for second contracts?

Well the hope is you'd get two pro bowlers regardless of position. Paying two OGs pro bowl money is less than a WR and OLB.

I see your point as a whole paying 4 big contracts but I think it could be worth it having about 10M more allocated in your OL than other teams. Plus, you have 5 years down the road to worry about that. By that time Mangold and Brick will be gettin old. As far as of now, rookie contracts are no biggie.

OMG - this would absolutely infuriate me. Least favorite mock I've seen yet. I'd literally throw my TV off my balcony if this happened.

2 interior lineman with top 13 picks? Are you out of your F'ing mind? You just traded Revis for a ******* Guard?

HORRIBLE!!!!!

I hear ya. But more with that Revis pick than any other, that guy NEEDS to produce. That pick will always have added pressure die to circumstance. So give me the sure thing. Thinking along the lines of Mangold with the Abraham pick.

The Saints, 49ers, and Pats have all been able to dominate along the interior line. It's a chicken or egg argument but I think those guys make the rest of those offenses look a lot better.

Cap wise this isn't a big hit for another 4 possible 5 years.

The only thing that's make me weary is how far the NFL is going to continue to go turning this into flag football.

I know it's a whacky approach though. But this draft sucks and is void of sure fire talent.

I hear ya. But more with that Revis pick than any other, that guy NEEDS to produce. That pick will always have added pressure die to circumstance. So give me the sure thing. Thinking along the lines of Mangold with the Abraham pick.

The Saints, 49ers, and Pats have all been able to dominate along the interior line. It's a chicken or egg argument but I think those guys make the rest of those offenses look a lot better.

Cap wise this isn't a big hit for another 4 possible 5 years.

The only thing that's make me weary is how far the NFL is going to continue to go turning this into flag football.

I know it's a whacky approach though. But this draft sucks and is void of sure fire talent.

Here's my major contention with it:

I hate interior lineman high.  Always have.  Even in old man Football.  You can find them later. The Jets have nobody that can make an impact play on either side of the Football.  Guards, do not make impact plays.  Top 10 picks, should make impact plays.  The NFL is turning into a finesse league revolved around passing.  The Jets dont have a player who can pass, catch a pass, or harass the passer.

I get your logic.  Be safe in a draft filled with uncertainty.  But thats way too safe putting a priority on a position that isnt a premium anymore.

I will keep saying....I think Cooper is a playmaker and I agree with the idea that 13 would have to be relatively safe.

Love the second round pick.

Not a fan of the Swearinger or P pick, though i can see why with Swearinger.

Quanterus Smith needs to be a Jet. He is the Scott/Thomas super late pickup that turns into a defensive star IMO. His three sack game against Alabama might be the most impressive single game for any pass rusher in this draft.

the problem with this is what if both of those players ARE Pro Bowlers, how would the Jets keep together the line when it's time for second contracts? 

plus most news I am hearing from scouts say cooper will be picked ahead of warmack,,

if they trade revid for 2 G's it's just as dumb as having 20 million in your starting corners

spread it around

we need a guy who can take a football and run fast with it and stuff and a guy who can sack the QB

Ok then They'll be passing up a 10 yr pro bowler who'd be cheap his first 4-5 years at a position of need for a riskier prospect. If both picks become great they'll have a hard time resigning both in 5 anyway. Worrying about the cap now would be retarded.

if we cant get to the QB those great guards will never get on the field

The order is base off of us trading Revis for to Tampa for an 2013 1st and 3rd which includes a 2014 second rounder.

9 - Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
13 - Bjoern Werner, OLB/DE, Florida State  (Trade from Bucs)
39 - Larry Warford, G, Kentucky
72 - Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers
73 - Sio Moore, OLB, Connecticut (Trade from Bucs)
106 - Shamarko Thomas, S, Syracuse
141 -Marqise Goodwin, WR, Texas

Below I traded out of 9th to the Steelers who are looking to move up for Jones and grab an additional second. Use our second (39th) and a third (73rd) to move into the late 1st  

13 - Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
17 Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
Late 1st -Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
2nd -Larry Warford, G, Kentucky
3rd - Tyrann Mathieu , CB, LS
4th - Brandon Jenkins, OLB, FSU
5th - Trade to Eagles for Nick Foles

Trade current 5th and conditional 2014 4th rounder that can turn into a 3rd (base on playing time) for Nick Foles.

The order is base off of us trading Revis for to Tampa for an 2013 1st and 3rd which includes a 2014 second rounder.

9 - Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah

13 - Bjoern Werner, OLB/DE, Florida State  (Trade from Bucs)

39 - Larry Warford, G, Kentucky

72 - Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers

73 - Sio Moore, OLB, Connecticut (Trade from Bucs)

106 - Shamarko Thomas, S, Syracuse

141 -Marqise Goodwin, WR, Texas

Below I traded out of 9th to the Steelers who are looking to move up for Jones and grab an additional second. Use our second (39th) and a third (73rd) to move into the late 1st  

13 - Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia

17 Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas

Late 1st -Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame

2nd -Larry Warford, G, Kentucky

3rd - Tyrann Mathieu , CB, LS

4th - Brandon Jenkins, OLB, FSU

5th - Trade to Eagles for Nick Foles

Trade current 5th and conditional 2014 4th rounder that can turn into a 3rd (base on playing time) for Nick Foles.

i would take K.Long over Warford

Is that the new way of drafting now? If both of those are pro bowlers, then you definitely draft both. When it comes to their second contracts, you weigh ur options and see if they provide you enough value for their price tags. Drafting a pro bowler has never been a problem.

• 3 weeks later...

7.197 Brad Wing - LSU P 

love jamison in the 5th

Archived