Jets Have NFL's Third Weakest Roster

Bleedin Green

Same as Marino, Tomlinson, Sanders, Stephen Jackson.  Why pay anybody?  Might as well save the money.  We're probably not going to win anyway.  FWIW, I like how Idzik has handled this.  There is no mandate to trade the guy.  Try to get a worthwhile deal or keep him.  If you can sign him for what you think is worth or less, do that.  Do you guys really think that the Jets will have the 3rd worst record?  I sure don't but I can see how the Rex haters might feel that way.  Revis getting traded means we have less talent, but we don't get any credit for assets returned in the deal?  It's all silly. 

BTW-Those were all skill positions that you named. Different than a CB and treated as such

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, would I love to retain Revis? YES!

But, I would like to do it at what is reasonable based on market and fit it within the scope of the team. He does not seem to want to be in that same reasonable camp.

So where does that leave you? Right where the Jets are now, which is to see if we can get a reasonable return for him, rather than getting nothing in a year.

Signing a contract should be a 2 way street. It has to be a partnership in melding interests of the team and interests of the player. Revis and agents do not seem to see it that way

Yippee, but the "we have to trade him now or we will get nothing" pussies are just as bad as Bit.  Boo hoo!  We might let him walk.  Just like the contract is a two way street, so is the trade.  Melding.  LOL. 

Yes, possibly the greatest skill position players of all time and they never won dick.

If the Jets overpay for skill positions, and they are worthy of that, and they do not win, I can live with that. Same with Oline and Dline. Those are game changing positions.

Making my top paid player a CB, and having that salary be out of whack with the new NFL? I don't have an interest in that. It is too risky and can have further bad repercussions down the road.

All this aside from the fact that I feel Revis wants to test the market, and we may get nothing in return

Or, spending a disproportionate amount of salary to one position, particularly a position that is not a game changer (particularly in today's football). That would be brilliant also. Particularly when a said player at that position is non-realistic to his worth, even when he is under contract.

Yeah, give me more loyal players like that.

Revis isnt a game changer? 

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

What the **** happened to the Jets I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Rex, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Belichick, he's a dead man! Brady, dead! Niedermeyer...

Revis isnt a game changer? 

Nope. He can't cover both sides of the field. He touches the ball less than 10 times a year. 

The Jets have won with and without him. 

The CB position is down on the list of positions that you throw money at. 

hey, The Jets had the 2nd pass pass defense without Revis.........

Nope. He can't cover both sides of the field. He touches the ball less than 10 times a year.

Also of note: Rodgers is about to sign long-term for about $24-$25 mil per. If the going rate for a first-class QB is going to be a fifth of the salary cap, that's the end of the giant contracts for almost every other position outside of pass rusher. The entire market will be crushed for every other position.

I think Revis should be traded if the value is right.  I agree, that you shouldnt break the bank for a CB, as there are much more valuable places to spend money, but saying Revis doesnt change the game is by far the stupidest comment I've ever heard on this site.  Still love you and think you're great, but thats moronic.

I think Revis should be traded if the value is right. I agree, that you shouldnt break the bank for a CB, as there are much more valuable places to spend money, but saying Revis doesnt change the game is by far the stupidest comment I've ever heard on this site. Still love you and think you're great, but thats moronic.

Go prove that he changed how the Jets performed. You have plenty of games over the past two seasons where Revis didn't play. Go find one where a receiver single-handedly beat us down.

Go prove that he changed how the Jets performed. You have plenty of games over the past two seasons where Revis didn't play. Go find one where a receiver single-handedly beat us down.

What does that have to do with anything?  

Revis makes game changing plays.  Saying he doesnt is some of the stupidest sh*t I've ever heard. 

Remember his 100 yard pick 6 against the Dolphags?  Did that change the game?  What about his pick vs. the Cowboys opening day same year?  Did that change the game?  What about his pick on Rivers while guarding VJax in the playoffs?  That didnt change the game?   Or the pick 6 vs. the Panthers?  Not a game changer there either? I suspect that one vs. the Pats guarding Moss in Rex's first game vs. New England didnt change the game either. 

You can argue his net worth all you want, and I'll probably agree, the Jets dont need him.  But saying he doesnt change the game is ******* stupid.  Seriously.

So it's a passing league, but not a receiving league?

I'm so confused.

What the **** happened to the Jets I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Rex, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Belichick, he's a dead man! Brady, dead! Niedermeyer...

DEAD!

So it's a passing league, but not a receiving league?

I'm so confused.

It's a passing league because the rules make it easier for every receiver to get open. Teams aren't dead in the water if you take away their #1 receiver. You just throw it to your second and third guy who are running down the field. Hell, Jacoby Jones and Anquan Boldin dominated the Super Bowl with Torrey Smith taken away. You need good corners, obviously, but you don't need a great one.

What does that have to do with anything?

Revis makes game changing plays. Saying he doesnt is some of the stupidest sh*t I've ever heard.

Remember his 100 yard pick 6 against the Dolphags? Did that change the game? What about his pick vs. the Cowboys opening day same year? Did that change the game? What about his pick on Rivers while guarding VJax in the playoffs? That didnt change the game? Or the pick 6 vs. the Panthers? Not a game changer there either? I suspect that one vs. the Pats guarding Moss in Rex's first game vs. New England didnt change the game either.

You can argue his net worth all you want, and I'll probably agree, the Jets dont need him. But saying he doesnt change the game is ******* stupid. Seriously.

Sooooooooooo, you couldn't come up with one game where Revis' absence made a difference?

Not by most people's definitions.

Who is most people? JN? I'm fine with that.

Btw Ware put up 1.5 sacks against the Falcons. The Cowboys lost. They haven't won a SB with him. Not an impact player.

Took ten years to win with Suggs and it came after his DPOY in a year where th D was weaker. Just not a guy who factors into winning.

Sooooooooooo, you couldn't come up with one game where Revis' absence made a difference?

He'd have made that play on Mike Wallace that Cro miss timed.  No doubt.  Sidney Rice had 2 TD's in the 4th quarter of the game vs. Seattle.  Would have been nice to have Revis out there.  Welker had 7 catches for 71 and TD.  Revis may have helped.   Danny Amendola had 7 grabs, probably wouldnt with Revis on him.  Denario Alexander had 3 catches for 70 yards and a TD.  Revis?

But that sh*t is still besides the point.  I asked Scott point blank, is Revis a game changer.  His answer was "nope".  Thats the dumbest sh*t I've ever heard.  He's changed numerous games in his career but go ahead and argue he doesnt because thats smart.  

That's true. The whole opponents score side is a non-factor in winning. I forget my lessons from the JN School of Science and Math.

You obviously missed the lesson on - turnovers are not game changers, shutting down/forcing an incompletion because of great coverage on 3rd down does not change the game, forced fumbles and recoveries dont change games either and having a CB who can play run support doesnt change games either.

Also of note: Rodgers is about to sign long-term for about $24-$25 mil per. If the going rate for a first-class QB is going to be a fifth of the salary cap, that's the end of the giant contracts for almost every other position outside of pass rusher. The entire market will be crushed for every other position.

Holy sh*t...we're signing Aaron Rodgers?

Just curious THO: what makes pass rusher so special?

You obviously missed the lesson on - turnovers are not game changers, shutting down/forcing an incompletion because of great coverage on 3rd down does not change the game, forced fumbles and recoveries dont change games either and having a CB who can play run support doesnt change games either.

JiF chants, change games!

Holy sh*t...we're signing Aaron Rodgers?

Just curious THO: what makes pass rusher so special?

They disrupt a tempo of the offense. A ball in the air, anything can happen. A ball that is prevented from being passed equals a null play. DLineman alsoi control more than just the pass game. 

You obviously missed the lesson on - turnovers are not game changers, shutting down/forcing an incompletion because of great coverage on 3rd down does not change the game, forced fumbles and recoveries dont change games either and having a CB who can play run support doesnt change games either.

All true plus you can just not throw at your best WR. That does nothing for teams. Plus a whole chunk of field is out of play for the QB and he's probably holding the ball a little longer than usual - MEH. Nothing to be gained from that!

Archived