No Game of Thrones thread?

T0mShane

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched tonight's episode and just dropped in to mention that, after watching it, I felt an sort of joy that I haven't felt...since...ever.

I don't think the world has ever hated a made up character more than Joffrey Baratheon.

I love that HBO threw that contortionist in for the almost gratuitous lips shot at the beginning of the wedding. They topped it off with overhead Lena Headley cleavage *as Joffrey dies.* They just get what the audience wants. That contortionist was as close as TV can get to the image they were going for. Good job HecheBéO.

I have not read the books, and please don't spoil it if you have, but this is a pretty interesting breakdown frame-by-frame. I'd call it a good conspiracy theory, but the necklace kind of seals it as making sense.

http://imgur.com/gallery/2DtPH

I have not read the books. And i cannot open this link at work but I will when i get home.

Edit: Interesting sequence of pictures.

I watched tonight's episode and just dropped in to mention that, after watching it, I felt an sort of joy that I haven't felt...since...ever.

I don't think the world has ever hated a made up character more than Joffrey Baratheon.

I hit rewind three times while he choked and died because it just felt so damn good.

I tried to watch from the beginning. It's terrible.

This puts your other opinions in proper perspective.

The series is better than the books thus far. They handled the Rob Stark arc leading to the Red Wedding better than the book.

This puts your other opinions in proper perspective.

The series is better than the books thus far. They handled the Rob Stark arc leading to the Red Wedding better than the book.

I'm working my way through the books, and mostly agree... there's a lot to be said for giving a creative professional the chance to go back to their early work to simplify, evolve and clarify it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I really like this season because my two favorite characters - Baelish and Varys - are back on screen and getting lines. This was a really cool episode, even the Danerys NN stuff. This shows seems to have gotten better over the seasons. 

BTW I think fan favorite Danerys is going to turn heel in the end. Tonight she was surprised at how many people she would have to see as Queen. I could see her getting bored of it. Plus, 3 times the value of the goats and sheep? Tss....baaaaaaa-d idea.

Prince Oberyn has me wanting to read the books now. What a great character and the dude they cast as him has done a great job. The problem is that they haven't done a whole lot on House Martell in the show so it's hard to put together exactly who he is and why he's so important without Googling it.

Prince Oberyn has me wanting to read the books now. What a great character and the dude they cast as him has done a great job. The problem is that they haven't done a whole lot on House Martell in the show so it's hard to put together exactly who he is and why he's so important without Googling it.

Now having built up a good idea of who all the characters are, I went back and rewatched the series again from the beginning. You pick up a LOT more now that you know who everyone is.

Peter Dinklage is one of the best acting talents ever. After last nite's performance they should just give him all the Emmy's in his category till the show goes on!

He's gotten more amazing in this role with each season. 

Peter Dinklage is one of the best acting talents ever. After last nite's performance they should just give him all the Emmy's in his category till the show goes on!

Last night's episode and Blackwater are his best of the series. Very unlike his character to lose his cool and Dinklage pulled it off spectacularly.

Rewatched the episode. I really think Dinklage's breakdown belongs with any of the great monologues ever put on screen for TV or movies. This was 3 and 1/2 seasons in the making, and it's a complete turn for a character like Tyrion. He has every right to be infuriated, without him Stanis would have undoubtedly won. The fact that even his dad refuses to give him credit for that is heartbreaking. And the look he gives Cersei has far greater effect than anything he says. Now that is ******* acting. That's Michael Corleone-hitting-Kay-type sh*t.

Jaime's face throughout the entire thing is pretty remarkable too. I hated him so much after the first season, but after watching his relationship with Tyrion I've really come around on him. That was a heck of a sacrifice he was willing to make. And the breakdown he has while Tyrion is speaking is crazy.

I'm ranting, but man, if anything ever earned the right to be ranted about it's this show. So incredibly written and acted on so many levels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4Uq8O5ZhUA

While I think Dinklage absolutely killed that scene the whole "....for being a dwarf" thing threw me off. I just pictured a bunch of people like YEEEEEEEEAH AND I'VE BEEN PICKED ON FOR BEING A SO AND SO OR THIS AND THAT....Sappy cornballs. 

Today's episode had the most cringworthy scene in the entire season maybe the entire 4 seasons. Poor Sansa. She cannot catch a break,

Been saying it for years, Littlefinger is the coldest, most ruthless dude in all of Westeros. He may be a scumbag but the man does not lose.

Been saying it for years, Littlefinger is the coldest, most ruthless dude in all of Westeros. He may be a scumbag but the man does not lose.

Think about it every bad incident that has happened in GoT has had Littlefingers hands on it.

Right fromt he death of Lyssa's husband who was the Hand of the King which led Ned Stark to step in as the Hand of the King to Joffrey's death and now Lyssa's death.

While I think Dinklage absolutely killed that scene the whole "....for being a dwarf" thing threw me off. I just pictured a bunch of people like YEEEEEEEEAH AND I'VE BEEN PICKED ON FOR BEING A SO AND SO OR THIS AND THAT....Sappy cornballs. 

Being a dwarf is just a literary device. Tyrion is a classic tragic hero.

I'm not sure the goal is for you to relate to him, as you are suggesting, so much as it is for you to pity him. His character is consumed with trying to earn his father's approval, it's not about being picked on, and not meant to be a bat-signal to every nerd who has ever been bullied to relate to him... it is meant to make your heart break for the character, he is in fact one of the few "good" souls in the story.

He and Varys, both have so much influence over the shifts in power. 

Interesting contrast between them—with their slow and steady ascent towards influence and power—and someone like Cersei who is gnashes her teeth and thinks she has far more power than she's ever really had. She's essentially a rotten pre-teen who gets her own way ONLY when it serves the greater agenda of Tywin. She's otherwise proven to be powerless, which is entertaining really if you consider how often she's on screen threatening people. 

He and Varys, both have so much influence over the shifts in power.

Interesting contrast between them—with their slow and steady ascent towards influence and power—and someone like Cersei who is gnashes her teeth and thinks she has far more power than she's ever really had. She's essentially a rotten pre-teen who gets her own way ONLY when it serves the greater agenda of Tywin. She's otherwise proven to be powerless, which is entertaining really if you consider how often she's on screen threatening people.

Completely agree. I've always enjoyed the dynamic between them because they're both equally skilled manipulators, yet have completely different methodologies, and they know it and consistently acknowledge it to each other. There were several episodes in Season 2 where the two of them and Tyrion were positioning themselves for influence, and it's funny how Tyrion won in the short-term of that, yet so far he's lost the long.

In the meantime, go Oberyn.

Archived