• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#76 JetPotato

JetPotato

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

Hughes vs Buchholz is a valid comparison. Where they are in their respective rotations really has nothing to do with anything. 

No, no it isn't.  Solid argument though, lots of references.

They weren't traded for each other.  They weren't drafted in the same year.  They're not from the same state.  They're not the same age.  They aren't similar style pitchers.  They have different roles on their team.  They aren't similar in any way, shape or form.  

It's an illogical comparison used in a weak attempt at boasting.  Following the (lack of) thinking here, I can compare any 2 players in major league baseball, based solely on a misconception that they're somehow comparable.  It's a desperate attempt to pick one Red Sox player, saddle him up to his supposed Yankee twin, and say "my guy is better".  It's absurd, and sad.

#77 JetPotato

JetPotato

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

Edited by JetPotato, 19 April 2013 - 10:36 AM.

#78 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,292 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

Guys. We can't compare Harper and Trout either. JetPotato says so! Drafted different years, different leagues, different sized wieners, different haircuts, one has a hot mom, on doesn't, different astrological signs!!!

#79 PFSIKH

PFSIKH

Patriots' Paradigm CEO

• Members
  • 19,192 posts
  • LocationClarksville, TN by way of New England

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

This is your best post ever. 

Do you want to know why CC made the original post?   It was discussed around here.  Ad nauseam.  $hit....props to MadMike he actually made some half decent arguments for Hughes that the gap is not as big as RSN might think.

And a little clue CC was joking...he added a "ha ha" after it.

You are literally clueless.

Eagle Honors
"Our two most painful Patriots' losses ever, are sandwiched between two Manning family Superbowl victories. Talk about being the book of squandered opportunities between two butt hole bookends."
"I just wish they didn't get lucky when they selected that arrogant cleft-chinned, super-modeling banging prick in the sixth round out of Michigan. It's amazing how much I hate Mo Lewis now."

#80 Thai Jet

Thai Jet

Climbing Chemical Dude

• Members
  • 31,257 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

Do you want to know why CC made the original post?   It was discussed around here.  Ad nauseam.  $hit....props to MadMike he actually made some half decent arguments for Hughes that the gap is not as big as RSN might think.

Well done . Can't argue with the mOrons. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Summiting is optional - getting down is mandatory (Ed Viesturs) LA LAKERS - 16 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS
ALABAMA . 15 time NATIONAL CHAMPIONS . ROLL TIDE !!

#81 Thai Jet

Thai Jet

Climbing Chemical Dude

• Members
  • 31,257 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

Guys. We can't compare Harper and Trout either. JetPotato says so! Drafted different years, different leagues, different sized wieners, different haircuts, one has a hot mom, on doesn't, different astrological signs!!!

I think they have different colored eyes too. ;)

Summiting is optional - getting down is mandatory (Ed Viesturs) LA LAKERS - 16 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS
ALABAMA . 15 time NATIONAL CHAMPIONS . ROLL TIDE !!

#82 JetPotato

JetPotato

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

If it was discussed here ad nauseum, that doesn't make it any less of a stupid comparison.

But like I said, congrats to RSN for having a #2 starter with an ERA better than a #5, even though the gap isn't as big as thought  by some.

#83 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,292 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

If it was discussed here ad nauseum, that doesn't make it any less of a stupid comparison.

But like I said, congrats to RSN for having a #2 starter with an ERA better than a #5, even though the gap isn't as big as thought by some.

The gap is a full run and widening. Just give it up already. You look bad in this.

#84 JetPotato

JetPotato

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

The gap is a full run and widening. Just give it up already. You look bad in this.

Says the guy talking about ERA.  LOL.

By the way, it's pretty difficult to give up an argument I'm not even making, no matter how desperate you are to engage it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users