Former Ravens LB :As many as 4 gay players could come out

JetsFanInDenver

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe this is a PR preparation for Baltimore in order to draft Mani te'o?  He will come out right as Goodell hands him his jersey plant a huge kiss on Rogers lips and moonwalk backwards off the stage to "It's raining men."  Goodell will declare "There is nothing wrong with it and  the NFL a gay friendly league." Now only 3 more to go.  

Who is this Ayanbadejo guy that he's the figurehead of some secret society of gay players? I don't care one way or another if these players come since it doesn't effect me, but this attention whoring clown turning this into a story about himself is exausting. Just shut up and if they come out then they come out.

Why should Ayanbadejo stop working for the cause he believes in-because it upsets you that he works for the cause even though he's not a member of the group which will benefit?

I have no idea where you get the idea that there is a "secret society", Ayanbadejo has made clear for a long time that he works with pro-gay organizations.  These organizations honor the privacy of the gay players they talk to-is that supposed to be sinister in some way?

As far as your and Cimini's demand that Ayanbadejo be quiet and let the gay players come out by themselves:  the first NFL player to reveal he was gay was Dave Kopay in 1975-years after he stopped playing.  I would imagine that is quite a few years before you were born.  In the almost four decades since, not a single NFL player has had the courage to reveal his homosexuality while he was still in the league.  I just don't see how anyone can maintain that a concerned person-an NFL player himself-is somehow wrong to make efforts to correct the situation.

Have we become so addicted to fashionable cynicism that we cannot accept those people who make great efforts to do what they believe is right?

Why should Ayanbadejo stop working for the cause he believes in-because it upsets you that he works for the cause even though he's not a member of the group which will benefit?

I have no idea where you get the idea that there is a "secret society", Ayanbadejo has made clear for a long time that he works with pro-gay organizations.  These organizations honor the privacy of the gay players they talk to-is that supposed to be sinister in some way?

As far as your and Cimini's demand that Ayanbadejo be quiet and let the gay players come out by themselves:  the first NFL player to reveal he was gay was Dave Kopay in 1975-years after he stopped playing.  I would imagine that is quite a few years before you were born.  In the almost four decades since, not a single NFL player has had the courage to reveal his homosexuality while he was still in the league.  I just don't see how anyone can maintain that a concerned person-an NFL player himself-is somehow wrong to make efforts to correct the situation.

Have we become so addicted to fashionable cynicism that we cannot accept those people who make great efforts to do what they believe is right?

I like this post.  But I also like secret societies.  So either way I think what the gay players need is a catchy slogan.  "It's ok to play gay"  "Being gayer makes the player" "I'm a Homo and so is Romo"  "I dress like a lady but so does Brady"  

I like this post.  But I also like secret societies.  So either way I think what the gay players need is a catchy slogan.  "It's ok to play gay"  "Being gayer makes the player" "I'm a Homo and so is Romo"  "I dress like a lady but so does Brady"  

Sanchez drool, we make butt fumbling cool!

This is good stuff.  Think you missed your calling.....................Or did you?

Archived