***Official JN Mock Draft DISCUSSION Thread***

HessStation

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the 49ers I have picked:

Alford - Nickel/slot corner

Cyprien - Fresh blood at FS/S

Bernard - Caught a ton of passes in college to go with top rushing numbers. 

Schwenke - Future C

McDonald - Basically a Walker clone and probably the top TE/FB type in the draft.

Hughes - Developmental DT/NT for an aging (Justin Smith) or meh DL.

Commings - Another DB for a secondary.

For the Chargers:

Star L - Starting NT/DT day 1

Armstead - Most athletic OL in the draft. In hindsight 

Bakhtiari - Better OL pick, and a steal here. Could start at OG day 1 probably and should get a look or two as a T.

Gratz -  A well rounded, highly athletic CB out of UConn. Turns out he's actually pretty well thought of and DraftScout has him as both a riser and a 2-3 round prospect. Eat that TJ MehDonald. 

Not while you're tripping balls on Eddie Lacy.

That said, I do think there's a pick or two I would redo. The 49ers can do pretty much whatever they want.

He's perfect for the AFC North, and you know it.

I expect an apology/congratulatory pat on the back when he earns the FedEx Ground player of the week.

You weren't that guy. There were probably 10 breaks longer than that including at least one where I forgot to PM somebody. T0m never forgot to PM me, he just doesn't do it.

It's kind of a blessing in disguise. Taylor will probably be better than whatever bum I was going to pick.

I honestly don't even know what that means.

Really? 

Ok, I'll break it down.  The division includes Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Cleveland.  All teams play outdoors and given their locality have a tendency to play in cold weather games.  The teams have generally favored better built running backs to withstand the pounding they receive, and to better endure the season so they can be leaned upon in colder weather matchups.  

Jamal Lewis, Jerome Bettis, Jim Brown, Kevin Mack, Corey Dillon...more recently we've seen Peyton Hillis, Ray Rice, Rashard Mendenrhall.. and they're drafting guys like Trent Richardson, Johnathan Dwyer, Montario Hardesty.  On a whole, its a division that bases it's ground attack on North/South type guys

and Eddie Lacy would fit in perfectly with a playoff caliber team just a couple pieces away from sealing the deal. 

Round 5

1. Kansas City
  2. Jacksonville
  3. Philadelphia
  4. Detroit
  5. Seattle – from Oakland
  6. Cleveland
  7. Arizona
  8. New York Jets
  9. Tennessee
  10. Buffalo
  11. New Orleans
  12. San Diego
  13. Miami
  14. Tampa Bay
  15. Carolina
  16. St. Louis
  17. Pittsburgh
  18. Dallas
  19. New York Giants
  20. Chicago
  21. Washington
  22. Minnesota
  23. Cincinnati
  24. San Francisco – from Indianapolis
  25. Seattle
  26. Green Bay
  27. Houston
  28. Denver
  29. Washington – from New England
  30. Atlanta
  31. Cleveland – from San Francisco
  32. Baltimore
  33. Miami (comp)
  34. Green Bay (comp)
  35. Baltimore (comp)

Really? 

Ok, I'll break it down.  The division includes Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Cleveland.  All teams play outdoors and given their locality have a tendency to play in cold weather games.  The teams have generally favored better built running backs to withstand the pounding they receive, and to better endure the season so they can be leaned upon in colder weather matchups.  

Jamal Lewis, Jerome Bettis, Jim Brown, Kevin Mack, Corey Dillon...more recently we've seen Peyton Hillis, Ray Rice, Rashard Mendenrhall.. and they're drafting guys like Trent Richardson, Johnathan Dwyer, Montario Hardesty.  On a whole, its a division that bases it's ground attack on North/South type guys

and Eddie Lacy would fit in perfectly with a playoff caliber team just a couple pieces away from sealing the deal. 

Fair enough, fair enough sir.

Archived