If we get picks 9 & 13, how would you react if both picks are WRs?

AFJF

Likely including former top WR in the draft Keenan Allen after he ran in the 4.7's twice today.

indeed. I wanted this guy at 9 several months ago. the Jets can't take tavon at 9 when the possible 2nd round WR include: Keenan Allen, Quinton Patton, Justin Hunter, Deandre Hopkins, Terrence Williams, Robert Woods,  

and the 3rd rounders might be even better guys like Marcus Wheaton, Aaron Dobson,  Marquise Goodwin, Ryan Swope, Steadman Bailey etc. 

they all won't be there but someone will drop. it's a super deep WR group, no need to double dip. 

Obviously a hypothetical, but what if Idzik gets TB's first rounder and uses is to pick Patterson and Austin?

It's a passing league now, and the Jets are currently sitting there with a banged up unproven #1 in Holmes, who many feel will be gone after this season.  An unproven but freakishly talented second year guy in Hill, and a damn good slot guy in Holmes. 

If Holmes is healthy, and Hill makes any progress at all, there is no team in the league that's deep enough to cover that many good WRs. 

Before we start with the "but we don't have a QB to throw the ball" argument, stop it.  This team is weak at QB and this draft is weak at QB.  Does that mean you stop trying to improve your team until you get a QB?  No.  Get some weapons that can make our current QB's better or help the next guy be great.

I'm not saying that this is the route I'd prefer the FO take, but I can't say I'd be heartbroken if they did.

I would probably not like that.  WRs don;t record sacks and pressures.  I will take one at 13---maybe.

indeed. I wanted this guy at 9 several months ago. the Jets can't take tavon at 9 when the possible 2nd round WR include: Keenan Allen, Quinton Patton, Justin Hunter, Deandre Hopkins, Terrence Williams, Robert Woods,  

and the 3rd rounders might be even better guys like Marcus Wheaton, Aaron Dobson,  Marquise Goodwin, Ryan Swope, Steadman Bailey etc. 

they all won't be there but someone will drop. it's a super deep WR group, no need to double dip. 

Frankly we only need one, either a #4 to develop behind Holmes/Kerley/Hill for a year and then start once Holmes is gone, or ideally a #2 who can push Hill to develop as a #4 next year.

I kind of think Woods makes sense if he's there in the second and the medical checks out on his ankle I think it was. Good enough to step in as a #2 this year and, if Hill eventually develops into a #1, is a solid complement across from him. Fits the system, pretty good as a route runner coming out, has the same size most of those Eagles guys had, and not bad after the catch. Plus he's got solid WR traits, fast enough and strong hands. Attacks the ball in the air. And it's kind of a buy low after he had a less productive season with the breakout of Lee and being dinged up I believe much of the year.

I'd like to see Idzik turn Revis + #9 + #39 into a starting WR, OG, S, TE.   

That's 4 players with 2 picks + Revis so they probably need to move down once.  I would be more than happy with:

Patterson - wr

Cooper - OG

Elam - S

McDonald - TE

That is the way Jets should go , trade down and gain more picks , the Jets need many players

Archived