the "I hope we get Dion Jordan" thread

bitonti

What do we need to happen: Geno, all 3 OT's, both DT's, Ansah, and Millner to go top 8? Possible and it makes sense, but probably unlikely. Doubt the Bills pass. Not sure who takes him in the 3-6 range though.

the mocks are shaping up Dion vs Geno for Jac at 2. Chip Kelly is obviously a threat to draft his old college player at 4. the lions need a pass rusher as do the browns. 

Yeah, I was aware of that at 2. Not sure about 4-6 though.

Don't see the Eagles taking him. The Oregon connection is overrated IMO. We hear it all the time with college coaches coming to the pros and it never happens. Plus after signing Barwin I don't see them taking an OLB with all their other needs. Spending 4 on an OLB when you just signed Barwin to that big deal, you've got two former high draft picks in Brandon Graham and Vinny Curry on the roster, plus Trent Cole just doesn't make sense to me. Would imagine they go LT, maybe Geno if he's there, or Star.

Lions do need a pass rusher and Jordan kind of fits the wide 9, but he's REALLY light for a 4-3 end and that's what they're drafting for, right? Think that's Ansah, Millner, or a LT. 

And at 6, they've got Sheard and just spent a ton on Kruger. Maybe they go with Jordan for the value, but I don't think the need is there. A guy like Millner might make more sense, but I don't really have a good feel for what they'll do. Value and need don't match up that well in this draft at 6 for them, bet they'd like to move down with a team like SD or Miami who's going to want to move up ahead of the Cardinals for that third LT. Plus Lombardi is a nut, so he could do something off the wall and take Manuel at 6.

SIgn me up.  He seems like the best pass rush prospect in terms of high-floor/high-ceiling and potential injury risk.

Notice that Ansah's name kept popping up in those comparison graphics.  He's going to be interesting to watch next season as well.

When did this guy become a top 5 pick? 

He's got a better 10 yard split than Mingo, he's got length and can cover, and he had similar production despite being asked to drop back and cover a lot of the time.  So.. probably when people took notice of all those things?  

i tried to make a mock last night with Geno Smith at 2 and Dion falling to 9. I can't bring myself to post it. It just seems too jets friendly. No one's taking Geno top 3. Right?  I mean, we just did a forum mock where the dude wasn't in the 1st round? could the NFL owners and decision makers be dumber than this board? 

He's got a better 10 yard split than Mingo, he's got length and can cover, and he had similar production despite being asked to drop back and cover a lot of the time.  So.. probably when people took notice of all those things?  

Sure, but who drafts a DE in the top 3 for his ability in coverage? Is anyone calling Mingo a top 3 pick? 

Also, what of the torn should labrum? 

Sure, but who drafts a DE in the top 3 for his ability in coverage? Is anyone calling Mingo a top 3 pick? 

Also, what of the torn should labrum? 

No, they would draft him because they think he's going to be the next Aldon Smith or something.  The coverage thing is just gravy.  Top 3, top 5, whatever.  They're both going early.

RE labrum: who cares.  He'll be ready by training camp and if he makes to 9 and they like him, they'll take him.

I don't care about 9. He's one of the many fine at 9. I'm questioning him as a top 3 pick. Even with the rookie cap keeping salaries down it's hard to imagine him as a legitimate top 3 talent. Maybe I underrate...

I guess the logic is that Jacksonville needs a pass rusher and they take the guy with the highest upside.  Bad organizations reach for picks all the time.

Didn't Jordan play at like 230 for a while last season?

Yea, but the word was that his injured shoulder prevented him from doing anything in the weight-room, which caused his weight to remain low.  He seems to actually have the frame for more size, so I don't think it's as much a problem as say Mingo's who seems relatively maxed out.

I'd just like to say, I think this is the player I like the most in this draft that isnt playing OL.

I know we probably cant get him but just thought I'd throw it out there for you all who are keeping track.

Plus, I think the combination of Dion and Jordan is pretty awesome.  He's got to be good. 

I'd just like to say, I think this is the player I like the most in this draft that isnt playing OL.

I know we probably cant get him but just thought I'd throw it out there for you all who are keeping track.

Plus, I think the combination of Dion and Jordan is pretty awesome.  He's got to be good. 

Yeah, he's got superstar written all over him.

Either one of these guys, along with one of the Guards, and I'm content. 

I know it's an unpopular opinion here, but I want no part of Austin.  Super-short players are really exciting until some DT falls on them and they can't walk for the next year.  I'll take the big, fast player over the small, fast player every time. 

Archived