•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Jets | Dawan Landry signed

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#51 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,352 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:37 AM

I wanted the best Jets safety since Victor Green to continue being a Jet. we could call it overpaying or we could just call it paying. talent costs money and so far Idzik has proven excellent at filling roster spots cheaply. Whether it's a good thing or not I guess we can wait and see. My point here was to rebutt the idea that replacing Laron with Dewan was some sort of genius move. 

It's way too early to draw any conclusions about Idzik. The man is shackled this year. Whether it's to Rex, or Sanchez, or the Revis issue, or the cap in general, the man is bound. There's not a lot he can do other than inexpensive, short term moves.

We'll start to get a feel for him during the draft. That's when he'll be making his first long term moves. But really, the picture won't start coming into focus until the season is over. By then, the Revis issue should be long resolved. And that's when he'll be free of Sanchez, free to do what he wants with Rex, and will have freedom to make a lot of moves within the cap.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#52 The Crusher

The Crusher

More Please!!!

• Moderators
  • 29,483 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:57 AM

im all for improving the team but let's get real, Tanny's signing of Laron last year on a show me deal was a great move. Laron made the pro bowl. Dewan is JAG. 

Great move for Laron.  Probably cost us a couple draft spaces.

#53 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,863 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

anyone care to watch Dewan Landry's NFL caliber speed and quickness on display? 

warning do not watch this if you are eating 

http://www.nfl.com/v...-for-84-yard-TD

It's good that they saved so much cap room by not signing Laron Landry. So they could sign Peterman, Garrard, Goodson, Braylon etc. 

This is like when ya ask your mom for a real jersey and get 10 fakes instead. It's a false economy.  

Edited by bitonti, 26 August 2013 - 09:24 PM.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#54 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,545 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:26 PM

It's good that they saved so much cap room by not signing Laron Landry. So they could sign Peterman, Garrard, Goodson, Braylon etc. 

This is like when ya ask your mom for a real jersey and get 10 fakes instead. It's a false economy.  

You're ridiculous.  We didn't fail to sign Landry so that we could get those players you listed.  We failed to sign Laron because we couldn't afford him, period.  

When Laron is being taken off in a cart this year you'll understand.

Either way, your "I told you so" BS is getting reeeeeal old.  If its so clear you're smarter than John Idzik maybe spend a little less time around here and more time crafting your resume.

Edited by Jetsfan80, 26 August 2013 - 09:27 PM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#55 dbatesman

dbatesman

John Idzik Jizz Patrol

• Members
  • 8,604 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:31 PM

Laron Landry blows.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#56 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,863 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:31 PM

Either way, your "I told you so" BS is getting reeeeeal old.  If its so clear you're smarter than John Idzik maybe spend a little less time around here and more time crafting your resume.

this entire board could have done a better job signing free agents. Even you 80.

but don't worry we can revisit this argument after Kellen Winslow and Willie Colon play 16 games. (Combined?)

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#57 RSJ

RSJ

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,036 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:32 PM

Didn't you hear? We need to cut everyone before we can compete. Everyone in the NFL is doing it this way now. Just look at the Ravens, 49ers, Pats, and Pitt. Maybe if the Jets go 1-15 they can draft Lebron James. It only takes one player to turn an NFL franchise around, havent you heard?

#58 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 8,829 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:35 PM

Nice signing.

#59 KSJets

KSJets

The Hammer

• Members
  • 4,188 posts
  • LocationPlainsboro, NJ

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:36 PM

You're ridiculous.  We didn't fail to sign Landry so that we could get those players you listed.  We failed to sign Laron because we couldn't afford him, period.  

When Laron is being taken off in a cart this year you'll understand.

Or working on his website lol

"This "breaking news" was addressed a few weeks ago. The Pats suck and all of their accomplishments are bogus as they cheated." - Gainzo

#60 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:37 PM

Lulza good try.  You're doing god work but this is a stretch.  The angle was terrible but he was coming from across the field chasing a faster player.  He was a step behind just like everyone else but  he never broke stride.  lulza 

Posted Image

#61 Damaged89

Damaged89

shut it down.

• Members
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:39 PM

this entire board could have done a better job signing free agents. Even you 80.

but don't worry we can revisit this argument after Kellen Winslow and Willie Colon play 16 games. (Combined?)

Dude, again with this?  Your resentment boner for Idzik is weird.  I'm not at all sold on him, but that is only because he hasn't made a move that wasn't screamingly obvious.  I don't understand what the problem with signing bargain basement free agent veterans is, especially when the cap situation dictates that doing so is the only option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users