Jets | Cordarrelle Patterson to visit

FoxJet

I am cool with taking him at 9, we need playmakers

So we take a guy who will be fourth on the depth chart at 9 if Holmes is healthy? I'm okay with a WR in the first in theory but that's not the value pick and it's not worth it at 9. Trade back if you want a receiver.

Why don't they just call Stephen Hill in for a visit and cancel.

They're all set with an off the charts measurables WR with questionable hands.  I don't know much about the draft but I know this pick at 9 would be catastrophic.

Why don't they just call Stephen Hill in for a visit and cancel.

They're all set with an off the charts measurables WR with questionable hands.  I don't know much about the draft but I know this pick at 9 would be catastrophic.

They'd both be projects, but Patterson had more targets in one year than probably twice that of Hill's three years combined.  Their similarities end at being physical freaks.  That having been said, I don't like the value either.

Long term: they have the big, fast guy with uncertain hands (Hill) and they have the little guy with sure hands that works the slot effectively/Y.A.C. (Kerley).

I'm not sure what kind of receiver they need to complement those 2. Patterson sounds like Hill, Austin sounds like Kerley.

What's left? An outside-the-numbers guy that is smaller and less physical than Hill, but faster and with better hands?

lance zeirlien was just on twitter saying his source told him Patterson could fall out of rd 1 

Yea, I just saw that too.  It's hard to believe that's anything other than some people taking him off their draft boards as he doesn't fit their plans, but he's far too talented to fall out completely.  His biggest knock is that he tends to let the ball into his body, but seeing as how his drop rate is comparitvely low, I don't see the major problem,  considering as how plenty of NFL WRs let it hit their body.  I've seen even the greats like Calvin Johnson, AJ Green etc. do it.  The only player who I exclusively see use his hands is Fitzy and he's just a freak.   I don't like him for us at 9, but i just have a hard time seeing him fall out of the first completely.

Long term: they have the big, fast guy with uncertain hands (Hill) and they have the little guy with sure hands that works the slot effectively/Y.A.C. (Kerley).

I'm not sure what kind of receiver they need to complement those 2. Patterson sounds like Hill, Austin sounds like Kerley.

What's left? An outside-the-numbers guy that is smaller and less physical than Hill, but faster and with better hands?

I don't think you go out your way to complement any of those guys to tell you the truth. Hill still has a big time learning curve he has to grasp and Kerley is still a number 3 or a very weak number two.

Also that a first to say Patterson is like Hill. You mean measurable or his game? I would hope measurable. Also Kerley like Austin? Huh?

I don't think you go out your way to complement any of those guys to tell you the truth. Hill still has a big time learning curve he has to grasp and Kerley is still a number 3 or a very weak number two.

Also that a first to say Patterson is like Hill. You mean measurable or his game? I would hope measurable. Also Kerley like Austin? Huh?

My understanding was that Patterson is a big, fast guy with questionable hands like Braylon or Hill or someone like that and that Austin was a versatile, shifty slot receiver like Kerley or Harvin or someone like that.

(Not to compare Kerley to Harvin in terms of production, though then again Kerley could have had a 1,000 yard season with a competent QB last year. With Sanchez, he had 827 yards)

Is that wrong? Sorry, was just going off what I've been told, don't actually watch college football much.

My understanding was that Patterson is a big, fast guy with questionable hands like Braylon or Hill or someone like that and that Austin was a versatile, shifty slot receiver like Kerley or Harvin or someone like that.

(Not to compare Kerley to Harvin in terms of production, though then again Kerley could have had a 1,000 yard season with a competent QB last year. With Sanchez, he had 827 yards)

Is that wrong? Sorry, was just going off what I've been told, don't actually watch college football much.

Patterson has a low drop percentage. The concern was his high volume of body catches.

"Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson dropped just 4.2 percent of his intended targets in 2012. The drop rate compares favorably to Keenan Allen (4.7 percent), Terrance Williams (5.8 percent), and especially Vols teammate Justin Hunter (12.1 percent). Although draftniks have nitpicked Patterson's tendency to "body catch" as opposed to secure passes with his hands, his efficiency wasn't an issue in college."

He's' big and fast like you said but his WR IQ has been brought into question. He's a great runner and deep ball threat that's why Tennessee literally found ways to hand him the football and took some shots with him down field. Needs work in the intermediate game. But I think his running ability and  agility breaks him apart from a Hill comparison as he ran for 300 yards on 25 carries.

Patterson has a low drop percentage. The concern was his high volume of body catches.

"Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson dropped just 4.2 percent of his intended targets in 2012. The drop rate compares favorably to Keenan Allen (4.7 percent), Terrance Williams (5.8 percent), and especially Vols teammate Justin Hunter (12.1 percent). Although draftniks have nitpicked Patterson's tendency to "body catch" as opposed to secure passes with his hands, his efficiency wasn't an issue in college."

He's' big and fast like you said but his WR IQ has been brought into question. He's a great runner and deep ball threat that's why Tennessee literally found ways to hand him the football and took some shots with him down field. Needs work in the intermediate game. But I think his running ability and  agility breaks him apart from a Hill comparison as he ran for 300 yards on 25 carries.

Yeah, just looked him up on CBS and the comparable they had was a combination between Bowe and Burleson, which is intriguing...

Patterson is like Hill in the same way that Judi Dench is like Kristen Stewart.

So you condone them drafting another WR project with the 9th pick when this is a supposedly deep WR draft?  I wouldn't mind a guy like Austin for the instant offense and being able to do things with him out of the backfield but not Cordarrelle.

First of all he has "darrelle" in his name so we can expect a holdout.

Secondly, I've heard he's not too swift in the brains and has only played 1 year of D1 football.

He's the Mark Sanchez of WR's.

So you condone them drafting another WR project with the 9th pick when this is a supposedly deep WR draft? I wouldn't mind a guy like Austin for the instant offense and being able to do things with him out of the backfield but not Cordarrelle.

First of all he has "darrelle" in his name so we can expect a holdout.

Secondly, I've heard he's not too swift in the brains and has only played 1 year of D1 football.

He's the Mark Sanchez of WR's.

Your brain is the Mark Sanchez of your body.

As a diehard tennesse football fan that doesn't miss a game, I will be the first honest fan to tell you he is not like Hill. He is already twice the wr Hill is. Total gamebreaker, period. Just what this offense and Skankchez needs.

austin looks nothing like kerley however. I can remember kerley getting caught from behind numerous times. Never seen that from Austin. Better yet, im still looking for video that shows the first defender to austin taking him down. dude has made a living off of making the first person miss and most likely his teammate. 

What im describing sounds nor looks nothing like Kerley, though Kerley has been good for this team. We're talking playmaker status here though. 

Archived