Marcus Lattimore

O23

Any interest in taking a risk on Lattimore if hes available in the 4th or later? He's the most talented RB in the draft by far and with the way players have been coming back from injury, there's a better than not chance that he will be ok.  The team is in a position where they can allow him to continue to rehab and not need to get on the field right away (seeing as how they prob won't be competing for much this year anyway).

He will go in the 3rd, and I would take him in a minute.  Everything I have seen says he has a great attitude and he was explosive as hell.  He seems to be working very hard at getting back.  It appears he would have gone mis first round if had not gotten hurt. 

This team needs explosive players and taking a chance he will be healthy makes it worth our third.  or better yet a mid third that we pick up.

i don't care how healthy he looks, he's had 2 season ending leg injuries. That takes him out of the top 100. too much risk. once ok but twice is too much. especially at that RB position where the league chews up players and spits them out. Lattimore is half chewed.

i don't care how healthy he looks, he's had 2 season ending leg injuries. That takes him out of the top 100. too much risk. once ok but twice is too much. especially at that RB position where the league chews up players and spits them out. Lattimore is half chewed.

Frank Gore says hello.

and so does willis mcgahee i guess. the difference (and i'm too lazy to look it up) is that those guys had 1 major incident. Lattimore has already had 2. 

McGahee had one and McGahee was not a 5 star recruit coming out of high school. The original depth chart was Gore, Portis, McGahee. Gore blew his knee out once, leading to Portis starting, then again leading to McGahee starting. I guess my point is you need to look at what the player was before the injury. Gore was a beast and so was Lattimore. McGahee was kinda a JAG who did well on a very talented team.

i agree with all of that it's the 2nd incident that worries me. if it happens again he's basically done. not saying he can't be a good (great) NFL player just think 3rd round is too high for that medical history. 

3rd is definitely too high. We agree on that. 4th would be perfect. He is not a top 100 player like you said. There is too much risk to put him there.

McGahee had one and McGahee was not a 5 star recruit coming out of high school. The original depth chart was Gore, Portis, McGahee. Gore blew his knee out once, leading to Portis starting, then again leading to McGahee starting. I guess my point is you need to look at what the player was before the injury. Gore was a beast and so was Lattimore. McGahee was kinda a JAG who did well on a very talented team.

Im pretty sure Gore had surgery on his knee in high school as well, if i remember correctly.

I would be fine with it. Let him recover this year while we tank and when we draft Bridgewater first next year it'll be like we're add the top QB and RB in the draft to our offense. The new head coach will love it

This is exactly what I was thinking.  Even if it takes him a little while to fully rehab it's not like anyone (except a few i suppose) think were going to be competitive this year anyway so this is the perfect time to grab up what could be a VERY valuable commodity down the road.  Assuming we can get him in the 4th or maybe move up into late 3rd. 

Dr Andrews said, his knee looked like hamburger meat.  And it is a good thing he didn't lose his leg.

No nerve injury.  The doctors feel good that he can come back from this?

When asked why a team should draft him?  He said I am a complete back, I can pass block (then added other things).  I love that response.  Hard not to root for this kid.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9151712/2013-nfl-draft-running-back-marcus-lattimore-become-nfl-next-medical-miracle-espn-magazine

and so does willis mcgahee i guess. the difference (and i'm too lazy to look it up) is that those guys had 1 major incident. Lattimore has already had 2. 

Torn ligaments in both knees....definitely a major concern.  I am assuming there will be a camera crew at his house on draft day.

Archived