Revis and how much the Jets should ask for adn the Draft

BornJetsFan1983

I dont expect much of a response nor require it, I just wanted to say I think all this talk about Revis going for less that 2 1st rounders in a trade is crazy... Hes the CB in the league, by far. You can argue whatever you want, it doesnt matter if you are ignorant, he's the best CB. Someone will pay or we keep him for another year.

Bucs want him? any one else wants him? give us two 1sts or we will let him be a jets this season and then have fun in a bidding war for him in free agency....

I like revis but I think our new GM will get what he's worth. No more over reaction signings...

Also we should who cares about keller he was garbage...im sorry any number of TE could do what he did, and that was nothing...

Good players make the qb better, he didnt. Glad he's gone, same with Greene. Holmes glad he stayed, he made sanchez better than he ever was.

PLEASE DRAFT A PASS RUSHER.....

how can anyone not think this should be number one goal for us. pass rusher or QB ....either one...a WR in the 1sr is retarded for our team...

I agree that the Jets get two first rounders for him if his health checks out well. 

When healthy Keller was pretty good and Sachez missed having him last season. Holmes is a joke, and the Jets do need to come out of this draft with a WR and a RB. There are lots of good ones in the 3rd and 4th round this year. Austin only works in the first round only if we get an extra first for Revis. That plus maybe a vet TE signing after the draft should be fine. That is all.

Revis pre acl tear is worth 2 firsts.

Revis post acl tear and hasnt shown he can be the same player-not worth 2 firsts

U do not need corners who areshutdown to win superbowls

U definitely do not pay them 14-16 mil a year

That is qb money and qb money only

I gotta agree. Revis is the cornerback in the league.

Revis is the cornerback in the world.  he may even be a cornerback in history.  James Hasty too.  And Ray Mickens.  Cornerbacks in the league, without a doubt. No question.  Great post!   (Not the OP or Shane's.  Mine.  My post.  I was just letting everyone know I made a great post.  Somethimes you need to self-promote.  Like at a key party.)

If hes traded I hope he wins more Super Bowls than Los Yets from.then until retirement and HOF ceremony. Hell, I hope the Jets land a 25 million dollar QB, Jets go to first SB since that first one, face Revis and new friends, and Yets get absolutely demolished all around. Nothing would bring the hilarity home better than that.

NE has a star QB on a relatively cheap new deal and they have low draft picks and they mostly draft like crap to boot.  On top of that, most name-worthy FAs they pick up suck as well. Amazing that they don't want to give up two late #1s - or even a single late #1 plus a late #2 - and use up their extra cap space on a sure thing CB.  How can that possibly be? Obviously they are secretly making these offers to the Jets, since it is the smart thing to do, and Idzik has turned them down but it was all kept hush-hush because he doesn't want to embarrass the Patriots. 

The 13th pick would be a good haul because of it being in the top half of the round.  If he was going to the Ravens or 49'ers, I could see the argument for two first rounders, but the 13th pick brings big value.

+1

If the goal was the gross # of picks, with one of them being a first rounder, they could trade down from #13.  Probably more easily than they could trade down from #9.

If hes traded I hope he wins more Super Bowls than Los Yets from.then until retirement and HOF ceremony. Hell, I hope the Jets land a 25 million dollar QB, Jets go to first SB since that first one, face Revis and new friends, and Yets get absolutely demolished all around. Nothing would bring the hilarity home better than that.

the only reason you wish this is so you can spend the next 20 years of you rlife telling everyone and anyone who will listen about how you told us so.

I wish nothing but the worst, professionally, for Darrelle Revis.

I find myself kind of not hating the idea of him squeezing TB for $15MM/year over 5 years and then blowing out his knee again in week one, but that wouldn't really hurt Revis, would it?  He and his assholeagents would laugh themselves silly because they're getting paid anyway.

Maybe a better outcome is they pay him, he plays, and they still come in 3rd in their division the next 2 years straight and then Revis holds out in the third season and TB finally becomes the team that has the balls to let a prima donna rot on the bench for a whole season. 

The only thing better than that would be if we don't trade him, and he gets caught up in a hooker-filled, booze-fueled orgy the night before he needs to report to TC, oversleeps, and get hit with the three-year extension for 'holding out'.  Hey, a man can dream, can't he?

You probably can't tell but I'm a bit down on Revis as a person.

It's okay. I too routinely route against my favorite team in order to prove a point on a message board, to posters that I most likely will never meet in my entire life.  I just wanted to make sure you knew you weren't alone.

Archived