Not looking good for Tim.

http://www.nfl.com/n...tison-tim-tebow

#2 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:52 AM

While I agree with the sentiment that Tebow should be released, I also have to say the only thing dumber than Jeff Garcia's assessment of the Jet's QB situation is the comments section. Unintentional comedy gold.

"Those eight weeks I spent as co-host of JetNation Radio were among the happiest of my life. Oh, and F Tom Shane."

#3 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,120 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:12 AM

Garcia and Sanchez are doing a summer camp together and now Garcia feels the need to chime in on Tebow?

Hey Jeff, thanks for teaching Mark the terminology in Marty's offense.  But you can keep the rest of your opinions to yourself.  Idzik is trying to get something in return for Tebow.  Can't fault him for that.  They won't head to camp with Tebow on the roster.

Still can't believe Tanny made that trade.  Unreal.

#4 JADEDGREEN

JADEDGREEN

Annoying

• Banned
  • 2,160 posts
  • LocationFree

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

Why's it gotta be Mary's offense?

#5 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 26,427 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:37 AM

One thing we know: Garcia is the outside spoon.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#6 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,135 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:41 AM

Last year was a perfect storm of suck for Sanchez. Bad coaching, injuries to his receivers, and the Tebow Circus all played a role (in addition to Mark's many shortcomings). So far, all they've done is (hopefully) improve the coaching. Receivers have actually declined with the loss of Keller, but they have the draft to address that.

Tebow has to go. No doubt. But if Idzik thinks he might be able to get a draft pick out of him, getting rid of Tebow can wait a couple weeks.

Sanchez, the delicate flower that he is, will just have to suffer the agony of this mini-camp. God speed, Mark.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#7 Klecko73isGod

Klecko73isGod

Anchor Salesman

• Members
  • 21,831 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

The New York Jets are not a message board, they don't ban people. :rl: 

Posted Image

A RYAN ALWAYS SAUSAGES HIS FROSTED FLAKES

#8 JADEDGREEN

JADEDGREEN

Annoying

• Banned
  • 2,160 posts
  • LocationFree

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

The New York Jets are not a message board, they don't ban people. :rl:

I'm working on that.

#9 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 28,137 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

This isn't Garcia's opinion.  It's obviously Mark's opinion, and Mark's expressed this opinion (read: whined and complained and made excuses for himself) to Garcia during their workouts or meetings or whatever they do to each other.  Garcia is doing his talking for him so he won't sound like even more of a mopey baby than he's been.  

It's pathetic.  Garcia at 40 is probably a better QB today than Sanchez.

And they will dump Tebow.  Unlikely as it is to find a trading partner, for Idzik there's no rush to cut Tebow before the draft.  It would be one thing if cutting him would clear up that last million of cap space we desperately need but that isn't the case.  Plus he may be just waiting for June 1st.  In case he decides to use the June 1st exception on another player, there's no rush to use it on Tebow now instead of just waiting for June to arrive.

JetNation

2446sd4.jpg

#10 Lurking Troll

Lurking Troll

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

Anything that gets Tim away from the Jets is good for Tim.

#11 JADEDGREEN

JADEDGREEN

Annoying

• Banned
  • 2,160 posts
  • LocationFree

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

I hope Tebow goes and backs up the 2nd worst QB in the league, and pushes him to greatness!

#12 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 20,897 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

Garcia and Sanchez are doing a summer camp together and now Garcia feels the need to chime in on Tebow?

Hey Jeff, thanks for teaching Mark the terminology in Marty's offense.  But you can keep the rest of your opinions to yourself.  Idzik is trying to get something in return for Tebow.  Can't fault him for that.  They won't head to camp with Tebow on the roster.

Still can't believe Tanny made that trade.  Unreal.

What was even more unreal is how many of the mooks around here actually defended that mind-numbingly stupid move.  After all, at least Tanny accomplished what he had really wanted to: making headlines.

By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

#13 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 20,897 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

I hope Tebow goes and backs up the 2nd worst QB in the league, and pushes him to greatness!

Don't be silly, he already backed up the 2nd worst QB in the league last year.  If you're suggesting that last season's performance moved Sanchez from 2nd worst to worst, I can't really argue that, but then it would seem pretty difficult for Tebow to back up himself.

#14 JADEDGREEN

JADEDGREEN

Annoying

• Banned
  • 2,160 posts
  • LocationFree

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:52 AM

Don't be silly, he already backed up the 2nd worst QB in the league last year.  If you're suggesting that last season's performance moved Sanchez from 2nd worst to worst, I can't really argue that, but then it would seem pretty difficult for Tebow to back up himself.

Aye aye captain, 2nd worst not counting himself.

#15 kelticwizard

kelticwizard

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,290 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern Connecticut

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

As I understand it, the Jets didn't send Sanchez to Garcia.  Sanchez is going to Garcia on his own-the Jets don't have anything to do with it.

So Garcia's opinion is really just the opinion of someone close to Sanchez, nothing more.  It would be like if Sanchez' mother said that the Jets should cut Tebow.

#16 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 32,961 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

Wow. What a shocker. No really, it is beyond belief that after being paid as a private consultant/trainer by Sanchez, that Jeff Garcia would advocate removing "the distraction" of Tebow, which implies more coddling of Sanchez.

These comments are all about paychecks.

Sanchez couldn't get over the adversity of Tebow being on the team, the answer isn't to get rid of Tebow.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#17 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 20,897 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

Wow. What a shocker. No really, it is beyond belief that after being paid as a private consultant/trainer by Sanchez, that Jeff Garcia would advocate removing "the distraction" of Tebow, which implies more coddling of Sanchez.

These comments are all about paychecks.

Sanchez couldn't get over the adversity of Tebow being on the team, the answer isn't to get rid of Tebow.

Well it is part of the answer.  The other part of course being to get rid of Sanchez.

#18 jack48

jack48

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:16 AM

This isn't Garcia's opinion.  It's obviously Mark's opinion, and Mark's expressed this opinion (read: whined and complained and made excuses for himself) to Garcia during their workouts or meetings or whatever they do to each other.  Garcia is doing his talking for him so he won't sound like even more of a mopey baby than he's been.  

It's pathetic.  Garcia at 40 is probably a better QB today than Sanchez.

And they will dump Tebow.  Unlikely as it is to find a trading partner, for Idzik there's no rush to cut Tebow before the draft.  It would be one thing if cutting him would clear up that last million of cap space we desperately need but that isn't the case.  Plus he may be just waiting for June 1st.  In case he decides to use the June 1st exception on another player, there's no rush to use it on Tebow now instead of just waiting for June to arrive.

I thought the same thing.  Garcia as ventrilowuist's dummy.  If I am Idzik I file that one away.  Mark could be a lot of trouble on the sideline this year.

#19 kelly

kelly

is dancing w/ the devil ~

• Members
  • 2,211 posts
  • Locationdunwoody, ga ! !

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

Anything that gets Tim away from the Jets is good for Tim.

yup...

cheers ~ ~

:cheer:

i ♥ u guys :P.. ...cheers ~ ~

#20 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

Tebow couldn't possibly have been worse than Rex's tattoo last year.

"Those eight weeks I spent as co-host of JetNation Radio were among the happiest of my life. Oh, and F Tom Shane."

#21 peebag

peebag

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:02 AM

One thing we know: Garcia is the outside spoon.

I apologize but I will be stealing that line....

#22 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,351 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:11 AM

Tebow is on the team? I would have never known except for punting formation

Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#23 JADEDGREEN

JADEDGREEN

Annoying

• Banned
  • 2,160 posts
  • LocationFree

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

Tebow is on the team? I would have never known except for punting formation

and press conferences. LOL

#24 j4jets

j4jets

Numbers guy!

• Members
  • 918 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

Seriously, if Tebow is such a bum, how the EFF did that distract Sanchez? Some things  I just don't get.

#25 pedro55

pedro55

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

Seriously, if Tebow is such a bum, how the EFF did that distract Sanchez? Some things  I just don't get.

People hate on Tebow for some reason.  Kid is alright. He's a terrible NFL QB, but he seems to know how to win at times.  A few people seem to throw out the "Sanchez took the Jets to two AFC championship games" nonsense  and ignore the fact Tebow won a playoff game.   I really don't get the point of holding on to him.    

Unless Idzik knows something nobody else does, is there really a point in holding onto him till June for a 7th round pick next year or in 2015?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users