Ban Tebow from the team now! - Jeff Garcia

PatriotReign37

Garcia and Sanchez are doing a summer camp together and now Garcia feels the need to chime in on Tebow?

Hey Jeff, thanks for teaching Mark the terminology in Marty's offense.  But you can keep the rest of your opinions to yourself.  Idzik is trying to get something in return for Tebow.  Can't fault him for that.  They won't head to camp with Tebow on the roster.

Still can't believe Tanny made that trade.  Unreal.

Last year was a perfect storm of suck for Sanchez. Bad coaching, injuries to his receivers, and the Tebow Circus all played a role (in addition to Mark's many shortcomings). So far, all they've done is (hopefully) improve the coaching. Receivers have actually declined with the loss of Keller, but they have the draft to address that.

Tebow has to go. No doubt. But if Idzik thinks he might be able to get a draft pick out of him, getting rid of Tebow can wait a couple weeks.

Sanchez, the delicate flower that he is, will just have to suffer the agony of this mini-camp. God speed, Mark.

This isn't Garcia's opinion.  It's obviously Mark's opinion, and Mark's expressed this opinion (read: whined and complained and made excuses for himself) to Garcia during their workouts or meetings or whatever they do to each other.  Garcia is doing his talking for him so he won't sound like even more of a mopey baby than he's been.  

It's pathetic.  Garcia at 40 is probably a better QB today than Sanchez.

And they will dump Tebow.  Unlikely as it is to find a trading partner, for Idzik there's no rush to cut Tebow before the draft.  It would be one thing if cutting him would clear up that last million of cap space we desperately need but that isn't the case.  Plus he may be just waiting for June 1st.  In case he decides to use the June 1st exception on another player, there's no rush to use it on Tebow now instead of just waiting for June to arrive.

Garcia and Sanchez are doing a summer camp together and now Garcia feels the need to chime in on Tebow?

Hey Jeff, thanks for teaching Mark the terminology in Marty's offense.  But you can keep the rest of your opinions to yourself.  Idzik is trying to get something in return for Tebow.  Can't fault him for that.  They won't head to camp with Tebow on the roster.

Still can't believe Tanny made that trade.  Unreal.

What was even more unreal is how many of the mooks around here actually defended that mind-numbingly stupid move.  After all, at least Tanny accomplished what he had really wanted to: making headlines.

I hope Tebow goes and backs up the 2nd worst QB in the league, and pushes him to greatness!

Don't be silly, he already backed up the 2nd worst QB in the league last year.  If you're suggesting that last season's performance moved Sanchez from 2nd worst to worst, I can't really argue that, but then it would seem pretty difficult for Tebow to back up himself.

Don't be silly, he already backed up the 2nd worst QB in the league last year.  If you're suggesting that last season's performance moved Sanchez from 2nd worst to worst, I can't really argue that, but then it would seem pretty difficult for Tebow to back up himself.

Aye aye captain, 2nd worst not counting himself.

As I understand it, the Jets didn't send Sanchez to Garcia.  Sanchez is going to Garcia on his own-the Jets don't have anything to do with it.

So Garcia's opinion is really just the opinion of someone close to Sanchez, nothing more.  It would be like if Sanchez' mother said that the Jets should cut Tebow.

Wow. What a shocker. No really, it is beyond belief that after being paid as a private consultant/trainer by Sanchez, that Jeff Garcia would advocate removing "the distraction" of Tebow, which implies more coddling of Sanchez.

These comments are all about paychecks.

Sanchez couldn't get over the adversity of Tebow being on the team, the answer isn't to get rid of Tebow.

Wow. What a shocker. No really, it is beyond belief that after being paid as a private consultant/trainer by Sanchez, that Jeff Garcia would advocate removing "the distraction" of Tebow, which implies more coddling of Sanchez.

These comments are all about paychecks.

Sanchez couldn't get over the adversity of Tebow being on the team, the answer isn't to get rid of Tebow.

Well it is part of the answer.  The other part of course being to get rid of Sanchez.

This isn't Garcia's opinion.  It's obviously Mark's opinion, and Mark's expressed this opinion (read: whined and complained and made excuses for himself) to Garcia during their workouts or meetings or whatever they do to each other.  Garcia is doing his talking for him so he won't sound like even more of a mopey baby than he's been.  

It's pathetic.  Garcia at 40 is probably a better QB today than Sanchez.

And they will dump Tebow.  Unlikely as it is to find a trading partner, for Idzik there's no rush to cut Tebow before the draft.  It would be one thing if cutting him would clear up that last million of cap space we desperately need but that isn't the case.  Plus he may be just waiting for June 1st.  In case he decides to use the June 1st exception on another player, there's no rush to use it on Tebow now instead of just waiting for June to arrive.

I thought the same thing.  Garcia as ventrilowuist's dummy.  If I am Idzik I file that one away.  Mark could be a lot of trouble on the sideline this year.

Tebow couldn't possibly have been worse than Rex's tattoo last year.

Seriously, if Tebow is such a bum, how the EFF did that distract Sanchez? Some things  I just don't get.

People hate on Tebow for some reason.  Kid is alright. He's a terrible NFL QB, but he seems to know how to win at times.  A few people seem to throw out the "Sanchez took the Jets to two AFC championship games" nonsense  and ignore the fact Tebow won a playoff game.   I really don't get the point of holding on to him.    

Unless Idzik knows something nobody else does, is there really a point in holding onto him till June for a 7th round pick next year or in 2015?

As I understand it, the Jets didn't send Sanchez to Garcia.  Sanchez is going to Garcia on his own-the Jets don't have anything to do with it.

So Garcia's opinion is really just the opinion of someone close to Sanchez, nothing more.  It would be like if Sanchez' mother said that the Jets should cut Tebow.

nailed it. (and I-28 followed up with the assist). 

Sanchez is paying Garcia. 

End of story. 

People hate on Tebow for some reason.  Kid is alright. He's a terrible NFL QB, but he seems to know how to win at times.  A few people seem to throw out the "Sanchez took the Jets to two AFC championship games" nonsense  and ignore the fact Tebow won a playoff game.   I really don't get the point of holding on to him.    

Unless Idzik knows something nobody else does, is there really a point in holding onto him till June for a 7th round pick next year or in 2015?

I think Jets need to do Tebow a favor and let him go asap. We can't trade him, thats for sure. Let him find his own team. Free up some cap space too while doing this. Nothing to lose.

yep, all of this makes Sanchez even more unlikeable

Archived