LB dept. : DeMario Davis ~ ~ ~

kelly

Ten players from 2012 NFL Draft poised for bigger roles

While the NFL draft hype season kicks into full gear, Around The League wants to ensure that last year's top prospects don't get overlooked. We recently highlighted a handful of 2012 NFL Draft picks on the brink of Pro Bowl status. This time we are delving into a 10-pack of second-year players who will be thrust into a major role in 2013.

~ ~  4. DeMario Davis, linebacker, New York Jets

Head coach Rex Ryan raised unreasonable expectations when he compared Davis' mannerisms and leadership

to Ray Lewis, but the third-rounder was limited to nickel packages as a rookie. With Bart Scott out of the picture, Davis will combine with pass rusher Quinton Coples to add a much-needed speed element to the Jets' front seven this season. One NFL executive said last summer that Davis projects as an eight- or 10-year starter based on his strong talent level.

rest of above article  :

> http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000159282/article/ten-players-from-2012-nfl-draft-poised-for-bigger-roles

He cracked the top-5.  That's cool.  

I hope I'm wrong but I think we'll see a dip in production from a run defense standpoint.  We were already pretty weak against the run last year, but now we're losing Pouha (or is he still unsigned?) and Scott (our thumper who couldn't cover).  In exchange I think we'll see better coverage over the middle and maybe a renewed inside pass-rush (I miss those days)...  But I would prefer to have a defense that can stop the run; it seems all of our offseason moves have been pass rush oriented and that's going to leave us vulnerable up the middle.

RBs we have to defend this year:

-Ray Rice

-Darren McFadden

-Steven Jackson

-Chris Johnson/Shonn Greene

-Trent Richardson

-CJ Spiller/Fred Jackson

-DeAngelo Williams/Jon Stewart/Cam Cameron

-Mark Ingram/Darren Sproles/Pierre Thomas

-Ben-Jarvis Green-Ellis/(draft pick)

-Johnathan Dwyer/(draft pick)

-Lamar Miller