Jets could unload a quarterback (sanchez) as part of Revis trade

JOJOTOWNSELL

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is your opinion based on stats or facts or anything at all?

2012 TAM 4065 27 81.6

2011 TAM 3592 16 74.6

2010 TAM 3451 25 95.9

2009 TAM 1855 10 59.8

TOT 4 yrs 12963 78 79.8

2012 his compl % was 54

With a great running game

With above average weapons in 2012

Yea. This is a QB that we want..

How about we draft a QB. Let him compete this year and next year release Sanchez and start over

Where are your stats that say he does not suck.

people really believe the bucs are giving the jets this years first for revis, 2 more picks, paying him 16 million and taking sanchez ?

is this april fools ?

I think it's feasible in that Tampa would remove Sanchez from our roster in lieu of giving us a third draft pick, with the idea that Tampa would rather burn some cash than lose a pick. They've got $33 mil in cap space and nobody to spend it on--why not take a flier on seeing if they can get Sanchez turned around? Tampa has to make a decision on Freeman next year, and it sounds like Schiano doesn't love him. You're either going to let Freeman walk, or you're going to give him a giant contract ($15+ mil given what the QB market is right now). Tampa needs to start looking at Plan B options in the event Freeman is as good right now as he'll ever get, and they make the call to let him go.

2012 TAM 4065 27 81.6

2011 TAM 3592 16 74.6

2010 TAM 3451 25 95.9

2009 TAM 1855 10 59.8

TOT 4 yrs 12963 78 79.8

2012 his compl % was 54

With a great running game

With above average weapons in 2012

Yea. This is a QB that we want..

How about we draft a QB. Let him compete this year and next year release Sanchez and start over

Where are your stats that say he does not suck.

The defense in Tampa was terrible and they had to throw a lot because they were consistently behind. That led to more incompletions and interceptions. And he still had a higher QB rating than Sanchez ever has.

2010 looks like, from your numbers, a pretty good year. Just saying.

And your plan to draft a QB and release Sanchez shows you how little you comprehend what exactly is happening.

They don't limit these deluded thoughts to just one month. Their proper term is JetNation Fools.

This is silly. All that taking Sanchez would be for the Bucs is throwing the jets an 8M check. Why is it so hard to believe that they would do that when they are already willing to give Revis a mega contract?

This is silly. All that taking Sanchez would be for the Bucs is throwing the jets an 8M check. Why is it so hard to believe that they would do that when they are already willing to give Revis a mega contract?

Because it's $8M Tampa can't spend on other player(s). If they don't use that $8M this year, they'll be able to use it next year, etc.

And that's on TOP of a #1 this year and another #2 and #3 combined this year/next year or whatever else Idzik can extract. And THAT'S on top of $15M/year to Revis.  Sanchez's guaranteed $8M additional (over TB's 51st/53rd roster spot) is $8M less up front bonus they'll give to Revis and therefore effectively makes Revis around $17M/year over 4-5 years, and even that's only a best-case if he never holds out again once the guaranteed/bonus money is over or if/when there's an in-between year with a lower base salary).

If Idzik can get it from the one team with so much cap space this year that is so infatuated with Revis, that's great. But other than this unique set of circumstances, Revis doesn't carry that type of trade value league-wide. And even with these circumstances just with Tampa, I'll believe any team is willing to pay all that when I see it happen.

Because it's $8M Tampa can't spend on other player(s). If they don't use it this year, they'll be able to use it next year, etc.

And that's on TOP of a #1 this year and another #2 and #3 combined this year/next year or whatever. And THAT'S on top of $15M/year to Revis (Sanchez's guaranteed $8M over their 51st/53rd roster spot, effectively making Revis around $17M/year over 4-5 years, and even that's only if he never holds out again once the guaranteed/bonus money is over or there's an in-between year with a lower base salary).

If Idzik can get it from the one team with so much cap space this year that is so infatuated with Revis, that's great. But other than this unique set of circumstances, Revis doesn't carry that type of trade value. And even with these circumstances, I'll believe they can get all that when I see it happen.

You can't say NOW that he does or doesn't carry that trade value. Lets see what they get for him... How often do hall of fame players in their prime get placed on the trade market. The asking price seems appropriate.

The defense in Tampa was terrible and they had to throw a lot because they were consistently behind. That led to more incompletions and interceptions. And he still had a higher QB rating than Sanchez ever has.

2010 looks like, from your numbers, a pretty good year. Just saying.

And your plan to draft a QB and release Sanchez shows you how little you comprehend what exactly is happening.

And how do you mean that? Sanchez can be released after 2013 with out a big hit. Tell me why we can't draft Glennon this year. Let him compete? Who ever starts this year starts this year but we have a QB for 2014 and no Sanchez. Oh, and no freeman

And how do you mean that? Sanchez can be released after 2013 with out a big hit. Tell me why we can't draft Glennon this year. Let him compete? Who ever starts this year starts this year but we have a QB for 2014 and no Sanchez. Oh, and no freeman

You didn't say WHEN you wanted to release Sanchez. You said draft a QB this season and release Sanchez. So through deduction I was left to think you meant cut Sanchez this season.

We can draft Glennon but we shouldn't because he is awful.

Freeman isn't coming here anyway, but he would be a massive upgrade and should have been our draft pick in 2009 to begin with.

You didn't say WHEN you wanted to release Sanchez. You said draft a QB this season and release Sanchez. So through deduction I was left to think you meant cut Sanchez this season.

We can draft Glennon but we shouldn't because he is awful.

Freeman isn't coming here anyway, but he would be a massive upgrade and should have been our draft pick in 2009 to begin with.

Agreed about Glennon. But whats the reasoning why cutting Sanchez after June 1 is such a bad idea?

You can't say NOW that he does or doesn't carry that trade value. Lets see what they get for him... How often do hall of fame players in their prime get placed on the trade market. The asking price seems appropriate.

I can say it now.  It is my opinion that he doesn't carry that trade value.  If he did, we'd have already moved him a month ago to one of the dozen-plus interested teams.  That is not the case because he does not carry that trade value.

You refer to Revis as a HOF player in his prime while dismissing as insignificant two enormous reasons that Revis doesn't have the trade value of multiple first round picks: money he wants ($15M/year, which is patently absurd for his position), and holdout history (both actual and desired).  Every GM or owner wants a Revis on the field for his team.  Not every one - in fact almost none of them - want to make a trade offer for Revis.

I can say it now.  It is my opinion that he doesn't carry that trade value.  If he did, we'd have already moved him a month ago to one of the dozen-plus interested teams.  That is not the case because he does not carry that trade value.

You refer to Revis as a HOF player in his prime while dismissing as insignificant two enormous reasons that Revis doesn't have the trade value of multiple first round picks: money he wants ($15M/year, which is patently absurd for his position), and holdout history (both actual and desired).  Every GM or owner wants a Revis on the field for his team.  Not every one - in fact almost none of them - want to make a trade offer for Revis.

Bottom line the Jets are trading a player with a legitimate chance at a bust in Canton. He's not perfect but he's worth more than Percy Harvin. If the Jets don't get that price they are right to hold on to him. 

Bottom line the Jets are trading a player with a legitimate chance at a bust in Canton. He's not perfect but he's worth more than Percy Harvin. If the Jets don't get that price they are right to hold on to him. 

Who cares if he gets a bust in Canton if he busts the cap to the point where it affects multiple other positions?

Lot of good Curtis Martin did this franchise after paying him like he was the game's most dominant RB (twice).  The problem wasn't Martin per se.  The problem was Tuna paying Martin $6M/year when salary cap was barely $50M (on top of surrendering cheap draft picks in rounds 1 and 3).

Under the current CBA with the flat cap, Revis is not worth $15M.  If the cap went up to $140M by now like many thought it would a few years back, then you could justify it.  If Tampa pays all this, then he's still not worth it; all that means is someone was fool enough to pay that crazy money and some high draft picks for him.  And even if they pay him $15M, even they're not dumb enough to pay him $18M which is what a new $15M/year contract would cost the Jets.

Truth is the dropoff from Revis to Cromartie is noticeable, but it isn't as significant as it's made out to be as though Cro was some scrub.  And he certainly isn't worth two Cromarties even though that is his price tag.

Archived