Potential Jet Draftee DE/OLB Mike Catapano Getting Full Page Article In Tomorrow's NY Times

Jets2013

Stock rising for Mike Catapano?  I'd say so.   As I read a tweet this afternoon saying the Jets have strong interest in Mike Catapano after yesterday's workout I saw a link to tomorrow's full page NY Times article!  Jets reportedly looking at Catapano as a pass rushing OLB.  Catapano flies to Rex's brother Rob in New Orleans for Saints visit Monday.  Check out the article.  Here is a quote from the NY Times article from his off season trainer NFL All Pro Chuck Smith who used to coach for Rex.

“My goal is to train this new generation of pass rushers,” Smith said. “They don’t want bull rushers. It’s more important for guys to get there faster than ever. If Mike Catapano is in there on third down, over the biggest guy in the league, I promise he will destroy that guy. He’s a special guy because of his effort.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/14/sports/football/from-princeton-a-promising-nfl-draft-pick-mike-catapano.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1

Mike is a good friend of mine. He was at the Jets facility yesterday and he loved it.  I love the kid, he is a machine on the field. He would be a great pick .

According to Tom he's got no problem doing the dirty work either, Rex will love this kid

Archived