NFL Schedule 2013 Discussion Thread (Merged)

JetsFanInDenver

look at it this way, we have to face Revis once every 4 years or in the Super Bowl. I'll take it. We sucked with him, we'll suck without him. We need draft picks its that simple. Hes the best corner in the league,but even Parcells said he would never pay a corner 16mil a yr.

That Bye is at a tough spot, too. Rex is going to have five bad losses heading into it. Very well could be fired mid-season.

Agenda.

Do you think Interim Head Coach Mornhinweg can get Zac Dysert ready in time to sweep those games?

More agenda.

You might be the last person in America who thinks that Rex has any chance of keeping his job after this year.

Lol. You posted a poll hypothesizing a 7-9 Jets team, and 75% of the cynics who post here brought Rex back in 2014.

I just don't think anything's written just yet.

And you have an agenda.

And you have an agenda.

The structure of this schedule is brutal, though. That five week stretch leading up to the Bye is an absolute meat grinder for any team, much less one with the talent disparity the Jets will go into this season with. It's hard for anyone (with or without an agenda) to conceptualize a scenario wherein the team doesn't go belly-up before they get into the soft part of the schedule in the last month.

As for my agenda, I have no love for Rex Ryan, and I am enjoying watching the bully-buffoon get torn down in a public spectacle, so I won't say that I don't have an agenda. However, I think the objective, common wisdom all points to a brutal flogging for him this year, both on and off the field. New York loves nothing more than flaying someone who talked the talk but couldn't walk the walk, and Rex is all of that. Week Two, he gets the national Thursday game on short rest at New England, in which his team will get humiliated, then three weeks later they go to Atlanta on Monday Night, where they'll lose by thirty again. It's almost as if the NFL wants to promote the end of Rex. Two national road games against two teams that they Jets will be two touchdown underdogs against? Good luck, Rex.

IIRC, the poll stated if Rex got to 7-9, should he come back? As it stands, it's reeeeeeally hard to see how the Jets will maintain any momentum necessary to get to seven wins.

The structure of this schedule is brutal, though. That five week stretch leading up to the Bye is an absolute meat grinder for any team, much less one with the talent disparity the Jets will go into this season with. It's hard for anyone (with or without an agenda) to conceptualize a scenario wherein the team doesn't go belly-up before they get into the soft part of the schedule in the last month.

As for my agenda, I have no love for Rex Ryan, and I am enjoying watching the bully-buffoon get torn down in a public spectacle, so I won't say that I don't have an agenda. However, I think the objective, common wisdom all points to a brutal flogging for him this year, both on and off the field. New York loves nothing more than flaying someone who talked the talk but couldn't walk the walk, and Rex is all of that. Week Two, he gets the national Thursday game on short rest at New England, in which his team will get humiliated, then three weeks later they go to Atlanta on Monday Night, where they'll lose by thirty again. It's almost as if the NFL wants to promote the end of Rex. Two national road games against two teams that they Jets will be two touchdown underdogs against? Good luck, Rex.

IIRC, the poll stated if Rex got to 7-9, should he come back? As it stands, it's reeeeeeally hard to see how the Jets will maintain any momentum necessary to get to seven wins.

The jets have a winnable 5 game stretch at the end of the season So, Are you saying that the Jets won't be able to win at least 2-4 games before week 11? If they could win 4 games before week 11 there is a very real possibility that they make it to the playoffs

I really don't think Sanchez is as bad as he has been and believe he has the ability to play at a much higher level but he was put in the worst situation possible for any QB. Honestly, you could take Andrew luck and make him deal with the situation Sanchez had to deal with (diminishing talent on the oline, diminishing skill player talent, 3 OCs in 4 years and Tim Tebow) he will look just as bad as Sanchez looks. While I wanna win now, if I was in charge I would give Rex and Sanchez with Idzik and Marty three more years to get back on track if I see improvement and consistency next year in QB play and the defense continues to play at a high level

The jets have a winnable 5 game stretch at the end of the season So, Are you saying that the Jets won't be able to win at least 2-4 games before week 11? If they could win 4 games before week 11 there is a very real possibility that they make it to the playoffs

So, in the best case scenario here, the Jets go 4-7 through the first 11 games, then somehow sweep the last five?

I really don't think Sanchez is as bad as he has been and believe he has the ability to play at a much higher level but he was put in the worst situation possible for any QB. Honestly, you could take Andrew luck and make him deal with the situation Sanchez had to deal with (diminishing talent on the oline, diminishing skill player talent, 3 OCs in 4 years and Tim Tebow) he will look just as bad as Sanchez looks.

Andrew Luck has an aging Reggie Wayne and a bunch of receivers no one has ever heard of. He lost his head coach in training camp.

While I wanna win now, if I was in charge I would give Rex and Sanchez with Idzik and Marty three more years to get back on track if I see improvement and consistency next year in QB play and the defense continues to play at a high level

Go tell season ticket holders that they're about to have three more years of Rex and Sanchez and see what happens.

So, in the best case scenario here, the Jets go 4-7 through the first 11 games, then somehow sweep the last five?

Andrew Luck has an aging Reggie Wayne and a bunch of receivers no one has ever heard of. He lost his head coach in training camp.

Go tell season ticket holders that they're about to have three more years of Rex and Sanchez and see what happens.

Having aging and no name receivers does not come close to the sh*t Sanchez dealt with. He lost the head coach early enough to get use to the situation without him making it almost irrelevant.

And the season ticket holders will be back on board once the team starts stringing together wins so who cares

New York loves nothing more than flaying someone who talked the talk but couldn't walk the walk, and Rex is all of that. Week Two, he gets the national Thursday game on short rest at New England, in which his team will get humiliated, then three weeks later they go to Atlanta on Monday Night, where they'll lose by thirty again. It's almost as if the NFL wants to promote the end of Rex. Two national road games against two teams that they Jets will be two touchdown underdogs against? Good luck, Rex.

First of all, let me say that I think Rex is 50/50 to come back. Maybe even 40/60. I just don't think it's a done deal.

You describe here a rough early stretch of a long season. A long season that most fans are entering with low expectations. What would the Jets have to do to not meet the current expectation level? 5-11? 4-10? If Idzik trades Revis and doesn't draft a QB until day three, will anyone expect more than six wins this year? Will they blame that finish on the coach? Or the (lack of) talent level?

Rex has Woody in his corner. Maybe not as firmly as he once did, but he's still there. Idzik will have to convince him that firing Rex is the right move, Rex will point at the roster he had to work with.

I believe Idzik is making moves clearly with 2014 in mind, but I haven't seen that death knell move yet. If he trades Revis for 2014 picks, that wouldn't bode well for Rex. But if he drafts a QB in the first or second round, that would suggest the opposite.

First of all, let me say that I think Rex is 50/50 to come back. Maybe even 40/60. I just don't think it's a done deal.

I just think that's really generous. I think the only thing that saves Rex at this point is a miracle turnaround from Sanchez, otherwise it's a dumpster fire.

You describe here a rough early stretch of a long season.

It's Weeks five through twelve.

A long season that most fans are entering with low expectations. What would the Jets have to do to not meet the current expectation level? 5-11? 4-10? If Idzik trades Revis and doesn't draft a QB until day three, will anyone expect more than six wins this year? Will they blame that finish on the coach? Or the (lack of) talent level?

I think they'll blame the guy who has overseen the three year nosedive, whose name has become a league-wide punch line.

Rex has Woody in his corner. Maybe not as firmly as he once did, but he's still there. Idzik will have to convince him that firing Rex is the right move, Rex will point at the roster he had to work with.

The case for firing Rex (should it come to it) starts with Rex getting every player he asked for over four seasons, continues into the millions of wasted dollars on Sanchez, Holmes, and Bart Scott, and ends with Idzik showing Woody the nine million empty seats in his beloved stadium. Tannenbaum was Woody's adopted son, once. I don't think his loyalty is bulletproof.

I believe Idzik is making moves clearly with 2014 in mind, but I haven't seen that death knell move yet. If he trades Revis for 2014 picks, that wouldn't bode well for Rex. But if he drafts a QB in the first or second round, that would suggest the opposite.

And where are the young players that Rex has taken and developed that might convince Idzik to entrust him with more expensive young talent? Mo Wilkerson?

I think they'll blame the guy who has overseen the three year nosedive, whose name has become a league-wide punch line.

I don't understand why you take offense at me using the word agenda. Lol.

I could easily paint a picture where the Jets change QBs at the bye, go on to finish the season on a high note, and Rex -who Woody likes- returns. Just don't think it's nearly as done a deal as you think it is. If it were, Rex would already be fired, IMHO. He's not.

I don't understand why you take offense at me using the word agenda. Lol.

I could easily paint a picture where the Jets change QBs at the bye, go on to finish the season on a high note, and Rex -who Woody likes- returns. Just don't think it's nearly as done a deal as you think it is. If it were, Rex would already be fired, IMHO. He's not.

Because it's all part of my larger agenda :D

I don't think Idzik is sitting there with Rex's personnel file open with the cursor hovering over the DELETE icon, but I do think it's safe to start digging the grave.

If we could keep our heads above water first 11 weeks (doubtful) , the last 5 weeks arent bad:

Sunday Dec 1 MIAMI DOLPHINS 1 pm* CBS

Sunday Dec 8 OAKLAND RAIDERS 1 pm* CBS

Sunday Dec 15 @ Carolina Panthers 4:05 pm* CBS

Sunday Dec 22 CLEVELAND BROWNS 1 pm* CBS

Sunday Dec 29 @ Miami Dolphins 1 pm* CBS

If we could keep our heads above water first 11 weeks (doubtful) , the last 5 weeks arent bad:

Are you going to attend any home games this year??

2013%20Schedule.jpg.opt662x1048o0%2C0s66

Rex gone mid season won't happen; Woody would have to pay the interim coach a bonus for the rest of the season, let alone pay Rex the rest of his 2013-2014 contract.

5-11 & he'll be gone on Monday, December 30, 2013...

Miami always seems like a split every year.   So now they are 1-1 with three games left to play.  

I don't see them beating Carolina and Newton in Carolina. That's an improved team and even if they are just an 8-8 squad (funny thing is Bucs are getting all the hype if they get Revis but the Panthers had the same 7-9 record last year).      So they are 1-2 with 2 left to play.   Oakland is horrible and it's in NJ.  Cleveland stinks and its in NJ.   I say they go 3-2 the last 5 games.  Not bad.   But I also think they only win 2-3 of the first 11.  So 5-11 or 6-10 is my thoughts at this point.

Things can change from now until the season though.

This year the w-L record really doesn't matter.  This might not be a rebuild, but it seems half the guys on this team will be one and done no matter what.

So who cares if they go 4-12 or 9-7 if next year means new players anyway.  They need to have good draft picks, quality players, quality starters.  Because to me if they go 9-7, but nobody they drafted does anything meaningful,  it's going to be a disaster for the next who knows how many years.    But if they go 4-12 and the Drafted players look like good starting talent with futures, there is hope.

• 7 months later...

Bucs-L

at Patriots-L

Bills-W

at Titans-W

at Atlanta-L

Steelers-L

Pats-L

at Bengals-L

Saints-L

BYE

at Bills-L