49'ers apparently want to trade up to the 13th spot

neckdemon

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000162250/article/san-francisco-49ers-eager-to-trade-up-in-2013-nfl-draft

i dont have time to look at the value chart but could we nab a 2014 number 1 to trade down?

I think the idea is that the 49ers have more picks this year than they have room for, so bundling a few of them to move up for a potential impact player makes sense. So I don't think any 2014 picks would be in play with them. 

I think the idea is that the 49ers have more picks this year than they have room for, so bundling a few of them to move up for a potential impact player makes sense. So I don't think any 2014 picks would be in play with them. 

They're nervous about not re-signing Justin Smith to superdollars after this year and want to get his replacement a year before he leaves rather than forcing the position in round 1 of next year's draft even if the value isn't there.

They must be cheap.  They don't have a single $10M/year player & I don't even know that they have a single $8M/year player.  Cheap! Cheap! Cheap!

The '9ers have the #31 and #34 picks in this year's draft. If you look at this draft chart, the value of #31 and #34 add up almost exactly to the value of #13. 

But that would mean we got a #1 and a #2 and a #3 for Revis.  Or if we traded SF's high #2 for a #1 next year then it would be two #1's and a #3 for Revis.  

Gee, you mean the #13 pick has more value than the #26 pick even though they're both 1st round picks? I'm not buying it.  Jets suck.

But that would mean we got a #1 and a #2 and a #3 for Revis.  Or if we traded SF's high #2 for a #1 next year then it would be two #1's and a #3 for Revis.  

Gee, you mean the #13 pick has more value than the #26 pick even though they're both 1st round picks? I'm not buying it.  Jets suck.

That can't be true. I better go double check the internets. 

the trade down seems likely from 13. Besides the holes on the team, I think it was slats who said that trading down from 13 lessens the "replacement" aspect of that pick. I.e. Imagine the Jets take Tyler Eifert at 13. That player will forever be known as the guy they got for Revis. but the trade down muddys the waters. 

as for what it would take, the 49ers have picks 31 and 34 that is almost an even swap with Jets 13 according to the chart

jets 13 1150

49ers 31 600
49ers 34 560

In this draft, and considering we still have the #9 to work with, I'd trade 13 for 31 and 34 in a heartbeat. 

9, 31, 34, 39--

Mingo, Cyprian, Nassib, Ertz

Cooper, Lemonier, Reid, Woods

Star, Patterson, Elam, Collins

Wishfull thinking...

9 - Jordan, 31 - Eiffert, 34 - Cyprian, 39 - Nassib, Warford in 3rd, Christine Michael in 4th, TJ McDonald in 5th, Mike Catapano in 6th, Some WR in 7th

Oh yes.

http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

If they were interested in trading up the #13, they probably will need to do:

NYJ #13 and 1st in 2013

for 

SF #31 in 2013 and 1st in 2014 at the very minimum 

A 1st in 2014 doesn't mean much today for the Jets. It has to be their 31st, their 2nd this year, and their first next year. Maybe Im greedy? But we are giving away 1150 points and getting just 600 draft value points this year. Not sure what the chart of comparing points from this year to future year is, but the general rule is, a 1st next year is about equivalent to a 2nd this year. So a 1st, a 2nd, and 1st next year comes to about 1200 (600+300+300).

Eifert's a safe pick, but he'll never be an elite tight end. The bust factor is small, but he's never going to be an explosive playmaker either. I wouldnt hate the pick, 13 just seems too early.

Matt39 doesn't like the pick - Eifert at 13 it is!!!!

This draftin' crap is easy yo!

I know you are being facetious, but it is amazing how many people don't get this.

I know you are being facetious, but it is amazing how many people don't get this.

It really is baffling.  When you somehow have the likes of you, me and Pac (and obviously plenty more, but I think you get my point here) all on the same side of an argument, it really starts to speak volumes.

The 31st and 34th is equal value. Call me greedy but if I'm the Jets I want slightly more than equal value. Like acquiring a 5th or swapping a late 4th for an early 6th.

With so many teams looking to trade down this year, the team trading down will likely get lesser value.

If we miss out on Eifert, #39 seems like a good spot to grab Ertz from Stanford.

Eifert's a safe pick, but he'll never be an elite tight end. The bust factor is small, but he's never going to be an explosive playmaker either. I wouldnt hate the pick, 13 just seems too early.

Agreed 100%.  Historically, TE's in general that are selected in the first round, dont live up to that value.

Jermaine Gresham, Brandon Pettigrew, Dustin Keller, Greg Olson, Vernon Davis, Mercedes Lewis, Heather Miller, Kellen Winslow,  Ben Watson, Dallas Clark, Jeremy Shockey, Daniel Graham, Jeremay Stevens, Todd Heap, Bubba Franks, Anthony Bect, Tony G, David LaFluer, Ricky Dudley, Kyle Brady, Mark Bruener, Ivry Smith, Derek Brow, Johnny Mitchel, Eric Green.

Those are the 1st round selected TE's since 1990.  What, maybe 2-3 were worthy of a 1st round selection?  

And the difference between Eifert and Ertz is minimal IMO.  I love both in the 2nd.  Not a big fan of either in the 1st.  And, I wouldnt be upset at all if we just waited and took the best of Kelce, Escobar, McDonald, Reed, etc.  Who might not be Eifert or Ertz but solid TE's nonetheless.

Archived