"Familiarize yourselves with Jarvis Jones"

Gastineau Lives

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8373/jarvis-jones

The New York Daily News says Jets fans "should familiarize" themselves with Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones.

The nugget comes from beat writer Manish Mehta, the
most plugged-in reporter on the beat. The Jets are absolutely desperate
for a true edge rusher at outside linebacker and now hold both the No. 9
and 13 picks in the first round. Oregon's Dion Jordan and BYU's Ziggy
Ansah will likely be gone, leaving Jones as a strong option. Perhaps the
most feared pass rusher in the SEC, Jones recorded 14.5 sacks as a
junior last season.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mehta is such a sleezeball. 

"Familiarize yourself" is such a hedging statement to make. It doesn't predict we'll take him, it cite any inside knowledge, it's pure speculative crap that he can back-pedal on. It's a guess, just like everything else out there. 

Dope.

Jones is going to be an absolute monster in the NFL no matter where he goes. I would feel more than fortunate to get him at 13 and pray we end up with Dee dropping to us at 9! I will be souped out of my mind! 

We have the worst offensive talent in the NFL and a few good secondary players and you want to draft another CB at 9 overall? Pfft

sounds exactly like the kind of player the Jets will draft-another big name supposedly can't miss defensive player who will be JAG by the time it all shakes out-like the rest of them over the past well-since Abraham in his rookie season BEFORE he got hurt

sounds exactly like the kind of player the Jets will draft-another big name supposedly can't miss defensive player who will be JAG by the time it all shakes out-like the rest of them over the past well-since Abraham in his rookie season BEFORE he got hurt

Mo Wilk and Coples dont look like they are going to be JAGS, not at all.  Jones had twice their production in college in the best conference in Football.  The way those 2 can collapse the pocket, Jones could stack up double digit sack #'s for a while in this D. 

We have the worst offensive talent in the NFL and a few good secondary players and you want to draft another CB at 9 overall? Pfft

The worst? I think your being a tad extreme there aannnd I would take Dee allllllllllll day at #9.  But I guess what your saying is after the Jets traded away the best cb in NFL history (potentially), they should also pass on the best cb prospect coming out of the draft in years...who also has the potential to be a Revis for an friggen OL????? Pffffffffffffftt, 

The worst? I think your being a tad extreme there aannnd I would take Dee allllllllllll day at #9.  But I guess what your saying is after the Jets traded away the best cb in NFL history (potentially), they should also pass on the best cb prospect coming out of the draft in years...who also has the potential to be a Revis for an friggen OL????? Pffffffffffffftt, 

He doesn't have the potential to be as good as Revis is. Or even as good as Cromarte is. 

Corners, even great corners, have a limited impact on games. You sign them second hand for 5m, not draft them in the first round.

Mad or insane?  

Who are these great corners and why would we spend $5M on them? You'd rather have a speed rushing OLB with no speed.  See Moses, Quentin. No wait - he was a full tenth faster.

Mo Wilk and Coples dont look like they are going to be JAGS, not at all.  Jones had twice their production in college in the best conference in Football.  The way those 2 can collapse the pocket, Jones could stack up double digit sack #'s for a while in this D. 

Agree. Jones would be a good fit

Oh and he's also had 5 surgeries lol. Most things i've read on him say that he would've been the 3rd best corner in last year's draft. He's not even close to Revis and the Jets have a billion other needs before CB.

I disagree and can careless about his 5 surgeries. I'll take this beast all day with his tibia stress fracture.

He's not even close to Revis now? Or when Revis was entering draft?  And a billion needs before corner?  And are you that confident in Kyle Wilson???? He is equal to some college freshman playing cornerback at Bama

Oh and he's also had 5 surgeries lol. Most things i've read on him say that he would've been the 3rd best corner in last year's draft. He's not even close to Revis and the Jets have a billion other needs before CB.

Lets not forget how his 5 surgeries has caused him to miss a WHOPPING ONE GAME over 3 years too.    

Corners, even great corners, have a limited impact on games. You sign them second hand for 5m, not draft them in the first round.

How can you say a cornerback has little impact on a game????  Revis has shutdown everyone including Megatron.  Now by taking Calvin Johnson out of the game or holding him to one measely catch will have little to no impact, right??? Okkkk budddyy you bet...

Archived