Get your last minute Post of the Week nominations in now!

GreenBeans

i nominate anything that isn't written by chicken little Jets fans who think the world has come to an end and that the franchise will suck for the next 30 years and it's all Herm's fault.

Bit...

We generally try to limit the Post Of The Week to stuff that was written on this site. Please limit your search criteria and try again.

Nominate the toolbag at JI that banned a thread simply because Bren's photos featured some JN stuff. Just a reminder how small, petty and pathetic things have gottn over there, and by comparison how much better this place is.

And of course,any thread demanding the immediate firing of Edwards and Bradway yesteday. Numerous...

This is my nomination

Yup. Herm really knows how to work the system; he can work the fans, Tags, Woody...

I got a real kick out of that thread Smizzy posted about Raiders fans wanting Herm as their coach. Man, I'd love to see Herm try and work Al Davis. :lol:

The theme of this season has been "Herm lost QB #1 and #2, it was just one of those freak things".

To a certain degree, that is true. But there is also a chronology of events leading up to this disaster. Yes, ultimately it came down to "bad luck", but to just candidly dismiss it as only that, and then to give Herm a pass for the rest of the season for all his other mistakes and poor choices, is self delusion.

I've had my fill of fairy tales and lies.

This season should have been a mere dissapointment. However, it turned into an acute disaster, a result of chronic mismanagement and gross incompetence by management over the course of Herm and Terry's time at the helm. And it all came to a head, this week, with Curtis Martin finally being run into the ground.

The case against Herman Edwards begins in 2002, when Jonathan Goodwin was drafted. This player has been on the roster for 3 years, now, penciled in as the backup center. But let me fast forward to 2004-

Chad Pennington injured himself, and had a torn rotator cuff. Quincy Carter was the backup QB, who went 2-1 as the starter, and should have went 3-0, if not for horrendous play calling and clock management, and a pathetic game plan.

The severity of Pennington's injury was always kept secret. But since then, we have all come to know just how serious it was, and how inapropriately (to say the least) it was handled.

There was no reason for Herm to rush Pennington back. Quincy Carter was doing an admirable job. In fact, in the 3 games he started, he began to develop a repertoire with Santana Moss. There was some chemistry developing. We were lied too, and told that Chad was cleared to play, and if he was cleared, then he should play, as he was the starter.

Herm threw Quincy under the bus, and pretty much blamed him for the meltdown at the end of the Ravens game (as if the other 59 minutes of total mismanagement had nothing to do with being in that situation anyway/ same thing when Chrebet fumbled that ball in the waning minutes against the Bears the season before, Hermy spent the whole game feeding the ball to Martin, running out the clock like they had the lead tho protect, not the Bears).

I think it's fair to assume Quincy Carter has a drug problem. Drug addicts become drug addicts for a multitude of reasons, but one of which is they never developed coping mechanisms. Getting loaded is their coping mechanism. They tend to have unrealistic expectations and when things dont go perfect or at the very least the way they want them too, they self destruct and punish themselves.

I'm not going to justify what Quincy Carter did. But let's get one thing straight-

He bailed on the team AFTER the team bailed on him. I recall the day after the disaster in Pittsburgh when the truth came out about Pennington's injury status how "Herm had no choice but to play Pennington because Quincy quit the team". That is BS.

Herm and Terry are two idiots. Pennington should have been placed on IR, and action should have been taken for surgery. The team with Quincy at the helm would have finished the season no worse than 10-6 anyway. And no doubt about it, Quincy would not have succumbed to his demons if he was given something to occupy his time, like being a starting QB in the NFL.

Guess all that "Herm the motivator" drivel only works on players that need no motivating, but whatever.

So the fact that Herm played a seriously injured QB all season, and then during the playoffs, thus delaying his inevitable surgery and rehab, is grounds for dismissal.

But wait, it gets even better.

Herm does it again, this season.

He has a healthy Jay Feidler, but starts Pennington, who shined in one pre-season game, but in the last one, looked like something was definitely wrong.

In any event, both QB's get hurt for the year by week 4.

Which brings us to Bollinger.

The excuse dujour is "Herm can't win with his 3rd string QB dont be silly".

But let's face it, based on what we all know about the volatility and precariousness of Chad's injury, Bollinger was the defacto 2nd string QB.

Herm and Terry had all pre-season to get comfortable with that reality. And if they weren't, why didn't they sign Eakin (who's doing ok in NFL Europe) and dump Bollinger?

OK, so they keep Bollinger on the roster. Fine. I have no problem with that.

But when his number is gets called, Herm and Terry panic and sign Vinny, who had no training camp. And-

THEY HAND HIM THE STARTING JOB!!!

OK, so Vinny won his first start against the Buc's, but his numbers were actually worse than Bollingers were the week before in the loss against the Ravens.

Then things go south. Vinny is a disaster. They have to go back to Bollinger (under the rubrick that the season is kerplunk anyway and -go figure- Vinny gets injured playing behind that awesome O-line Herm and Terry developed).

Bollinger actually shows progress. He gets better and better. In spite of-

Herm playing musical chairs with the 0-line (I'll get to that in a minute)

Playing a RB with a busted knee so he can pad his stats

Pulling the rug from under his feet for the Vinny experiment

Now I ask you, this is the sign of a team that is being properly managed?

Take the 0-line debacle- Mawae got injured, so the standard operating procedure is to play the 2nd string center, right? So why was Godwin moved to guard? Why the panic move? Doesn't Godwin know how to play center? What have these coaches been doing with him for 3 years?

Herm compromised the 0-line twice as much. It was bad losing Mawae (your best center) But then you replace your best guard (Kendall) with Godwin.

Why not keep Kendall at guard and put Godwin at center? Instead of compromising one position, you compromise two. Add to that, the total disruption of the chemistry on the line. Add to that, you negate your running game, by continueing to feed the ball to an injured running back.

My God, people, under these circumstances Bollinger is actually excelling!!!!

The poor bastard.

Now, onto our current record. This team should never have been in the Reggie Bush sweepstakes to begin with. If Herm just engaged in SOP instead of reducing to panic moves that only exacerbated every problem, this team would have at least 5 wins right now.

This season should have been a mild dissapointment. But because of sheer ineptitude by a man who has no business running a fast food restaurant, never mind a professional football team, it turned into a fiasco.

This guy has got to go.

Here's my 2 cents about the POTW. This is merely my opinion so take it with a grain of salt.

We've gotten to in-depth with out POTWs as of late. This isn't a slam against Greenbeans because you the great members of this site are doing the nominations, not him. The POTWs have turned into the "Threads of the week", with the weekly winner featuring 1/2 a page of content. The POTW used to be snappy one liners, maybe 2 liners max. They were memorable quotes that upon receipt immediately generated a reaction of laughs, etc. No offense to anyone here because I like 99% of the posts here, butI think that the POTW should be truly that, a snappy one, two liner, a whitty comeback, a bold or bodacious statement. I think that by including multiple paragraph statements in POTW nominations we've started to go a little too far.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION. THIS DOES NOT REPRESENT MAX, GGG's or any other player in the JN food chain.

I know you'll let me know if you disagree with me.

Here's my 2 cents about the POTW. This is merely my opinion so take it with a grain of salt.

We've gotten to in-depth with out POTWs as of late. This isn't a slam against Greenbeans because you the great members of this site are doing the nominations, not him. The POTWs have turned into the "Threads of the week", with the weekly winner featuring 1/2 a page of content. The POTW used to be snappy one liners, maybe 2 liners max. They were memorable quotes that upon receipt immediately generated a reaction of laughs, etc. No offense to anyone here because I like 99% of the posts here, butI think that the POTW should be truly that, a snappy one, two liner, a whitty comeback, a bold or bodacious statement. I think that by including multiple paragraph statements in POTW nominations we've started to go a little too far.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION. THIS DOES NOT REPRESENT MAX, GGG's or any other player in the JN food chain.

POTW!!!! :wink: :lol:

I would like to know where is YoungJetsfan and his posts that are novel like to put this in perspective

hey i agree ... ;) my suggestion is you look at my witty one liners for POTW :mrgreen::lol:

this is my nomination for post of the week

As many of you know our good friend Dave (PFSIKH) is currently serving our Country in IRAQ. He stops in from time to time to say hi and remind us how bad the Jets are.

I thought it would be nice if we showed him how much we care. He is away from his family which is never easy. Especially around the Holidays.

Anyone who wants to can send him a care package:

SSG David M. Jenkins

HHC, 1-502 IN/2 BCT/101AA

(FOB Lutafiyah - MITT)

APO AE 09398

He said that he would prefer to get lots of Jets and Yankee stuff. Oh and anything perishable shouldn't be shipped.

Thanks guys!

EB deserves it this week! Here's my own nomination.

I actually cannot bring myself to be rooting for the Jets to REALLY lose the game, or rooting for the opposing team. But once the game is over, I'm glad we did not win. But I'm not really "happy" that we lost.

Its deep.

EB should NEVER win Post of the Week. EB should be banned, actually.

GOB - you have the name of the Detroit Lions Protest Organizer? Better yet, anyone have Jay Mohr's email addy? I want to get him to write an article about JN and their delusional teen poster....

GOB - you have the name of the Detroit Lions Protest Organizer? Better yet, anyone have Jay Mohr's email addy? I want to get him to write an article about JN and their delusional teen poster....

You in love with EB??

The protest organizer? WDFN's Sean Baligian

http://www.wdfn.com/baligian_page.html

Get ahold of him. He welcomes email.

And, as for post of the week... I didn't want to nominate myself, but I had a pretty good quip about Kolber in the "Is she doable" thread... :lol:

Archived