****NY Jets Superbo...Errr, 1st Round Draft Selection Gameday Thread****

gangreenman

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If your sole contribution to a radio talk show consists of saying things like "da Jets should pick da kid from LSU, because he's a pass rushuh and, uh, da Jets need a pass rushuh," or "I tink they should take da wide receiver or da gawd," why would you even make that call?

If your sole contribution to a radio talk show consists of saying things like "da Jets should pick da kid from LSU, because he's a pass rushuh and, uh, da Jets need a pass rushuh," or "I tink they should take da wide receiver or da gawd," why would you even make that call?

I don't know what you're talking about. This guy sounds like a future WFAN host

Today I'm reading that Cleveland might take Geno, and that the Bills want Nassib. If two QBs and three OTs come off the board in the first 8 picks, the Jets are going to be in terrific shape.

Today I'm reading that Cleveland might take Geno, and that the Bills want Nassib. If two QBs and three OTs come off the board in the first 8 picks, the Jets are going to be in terrific shape.

Also heard on ESPN (Shay) alot of teams are all scrambling to line up for Austin. If he's there at 9 might be some potential trade partners for the Jets. Or they could pick him....would rather them get the picks...

I don't know what you're talking about. This guy sounds like a future WFAN host

Boomer and Carton, as plugged in as ever:

Carton: "If the Jets draft Geno Smith and his wide receiver, uh, Austin, Jets fans would be dancing in the streets!"

Boomer: "Yup,"

Carton: "Not that anybody's see West Virginia play this year."

Boomer and Carton, as plugged in as ever:

Carton: "If the Jets draft Geno Smith and his wide receiver, uh, Austin, Jets fans would be dancing in the streets!"

Boomer: "Yup,"

Carton: "Not that anybody's see West Virginia play this year."

Like you, and think these sports radio hosts bring nothing to the table.

Unlike you, I don't waste a second of my life ever listening to them. :)

i dont think we'll draft defense at 9. possibly if jordan is there....but matthews and orakpo are free agents next year and our offense was attrocious.

Top free agent pass rushers cost Revis money, that's why you target them in the draft and sign free agent guards.

i dont think we'll draft defense at 9. possibly if jordan is there....but matthews and orakpo are free agents next year and our offense was attrocious.

I personally think we will draft defense with our 9th as I believe that's the best value on the board, considering besides the top two tackles, there's no offensive player I'd want to take in the top 10.  Many may disagree, but I think Mingo is the superior player to Jordan and I have a feeling you're going to see him be the first off the board of those two.  Jordan reminds me too much of Julian Peterson, which isn't a bad thing, but not when you're spending a top 10 pick on someone to get to the QB, I just don't see it in Jordan.  But hey, if we draft him and Jordan turns into Jason Taylor, then I'll gladly be wrong. 

My ideal scenario is Mingo @ 9 and Austin @ 13, but I have a feeling Mingo will be gone, we'll take Austin with the 9th and then move back with our 13. That's what I'm predicting to happen if Mingo or Jordan isn't there at 9.

Archived