****NY Jets Superbo...Errr, 1st Round Draft Selection Gameday Thread****

gangreenman

Can anyone have imagine half a year ago that Jarvis Jones would be there for the Jets' second first round selection and they pass him up for their 3rd first round defensive lineman in three straight years? I mean LOL.

Jones and Star...both guys.  Unreal.

Shoot me.

Richardson better be a monster. 

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How'd we pass on Star? Oh well, at least we know Rex can hit on Dline. I can't believe this whole team is run by a glorified position coach.

Now, is the part of the draft where the rich get richer. As usual. We could have traded down for both guys we took, even if for pennies on the dollar like Oakland did.

stop saying we could have traded down..  NO ONE WANTED TO TRADE UP FOR EITHER PICK!

I have lost faith in Idzik. He got a pass with the Revis trade because the Bucs were the only suitors. This draft displays that Idzik doesn't understand team needs. A CB with the 9th pick? He was outsmarted by the Dolphins and the Raiders, so instead of trading down, he picks a CB. Then, instead of either trading down or selecting an offensive playmaker, he picks a DT that he could have clearly gotten later in the draft. He's clueless. I'm sure the other more established GM's area laughing at his inexperience.

Fire him, he sucks plain and simple. Hopefully though, were gonna suck so much dick next year that we'll get Bridgewater next year. Although, then again if we get the first pick in the 2014 draft,  with the way were drafting, were probably gonna pick another d lineman.

One the flip side, we're half we through the first round and only 1 skills position has been selected.

They Jets should have there pick at a lot of solid WR's and TE's in the 2nd and 3rd round, along with a couple of very good Guards.

So the Jets are going to to a 43? So then they basically have 3 DTs....They playing a 34? Is Coples playing OLB? If not they have 3 5 techs now. 

They may play Coples outside some of the time.  Or, they have reached the decision that Ellis is a complete bust already.  That's the only logic I can find.  And, logic aside, it still sucks monkey balls.

Yeah. It's nothing against Richardson...it's just that er, yeah well the rest of the roster. 

Thats my only problem with it.  But Rex is the man and if restoring the defense is what we need to do, then sobeit.

There are a ton of skills positions players available.  A ton, that I really really like.  

can't wait to see the giants get the guy they wanted

even the raiders did something smart

only the jets could curse TWO players with the "you were the guy we traded revis for" label

oh and now nassib will slide to 3rd rd

Archived