4-3 base

JayKwaz

Rex is bad at a lot of things.

This stuff, is not one of them. He's never been strictly 3-4, he's pretty fluid with his looks. We'll move guys around.

This.  While everyone has always talked about the Jets being a 3-4 team in Rex's time here, it's not entirely true.  This team is constantly changing around its looks and have played tons of 4-man fronts in his time here.  He always has been and always will be a guy who takes whatever he's got and will run whatever it is he thinks will get the most out of them.  He's not like Mangini who was adamant about sticking a whole slew of players who didn't fit in into his very strict two-gap 3-4 scheme.

This is just wrong and completely stupid.

Just because our "brain trust" is moronic doesn't mean Coples, Wilkerson and Smith are all busts.  To insinuate otherwise is short sided and, quite frankly, dumb.

The fact that Wilk and Coples AREN'T busts makes this pick even dumber. Thats the only position they have good players at on a team without any good players.

The fact that Wilk and Coples AREN'T busts makes this pick even dumber. Thats the only position they have good players at on a team without any good players.

I wasn't stating the opposite...haven't shared how I feel about the pick itself, I believe.  I was simply supporting the two of them, as I feel they were two of the better early picks we've had in recent memory.

Rex is bad at a lot of things.

This stuff, is not one of them. He's never been strictly 3-4, he's pretty fluid with his looks. We'll move guys around.

which very well may be the reason we do not generate pass rush. In the 4-3 DL get to work on the OL and set them up over the course of a game. Rex moves them around and IMO it takes away some of the finesse. We dont have a DL like the 85 Bears nor do we have the speed at LB. This team will not pressure a QB with the current cast of characters, maybe scheme will get us pressure from time to time but in the 4th quarter with the game on the line this defense usually gets rolled and if people here think by having all these DT's on the roster we will get better vs the run they are sadly mistaken since we still do not have speed on the outside where teams will certainly attack us regularly

Archived