MERGED: WOW - Jay Mohr has some choice words

bitonti

The whole injury excuse bit is a bit trite....Bottom line is 1) the Jets knew Chad's injury might not be healed 2) they had a bit of an old team (injuries to Martin, Mawae, should not surprise folks) and 3) A ton of NFL are faced with a ton of injuries.

Here's the deal, once again. Mohr and some others seem to feel sorry for Herm, because he seems like a "nice person".

Now, how many players has Herm cut as Jets H.C?

I bet after every cruel release, Herm says it's a business?

Can't the same thing be said about firing a coach, who may be a fine person?

It's a business decision?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ummm....How many injuries has Chicago sustained this season and what's their record?

You are correct sir =D>

You can't win games without a QB. Orton did a good imitation for a few games.

the Jets lost not 1 but 2 NFL Caliber QBs in 1 game. Before that point they put like 7 guys on the IR.

No one in the league has been devistated to the point that the Jets have been.

People crap on 3 out of 5 years playoff appearances well how many appearances did the Jets make in the 5 years prior? 1? what about the 5 years prior to that? 0?

I agree with Mohr. people think firing herm is a cure all, it wouldn't necessarily help anything, and could actually make things worse.

no one wants to admit it but Herm is actually one of the best coaches the Jets have ever had behind Weeb, Tuna and maybe Michaels. That's not chopped liver.

the Jets lost not 1 but 2 NFL Caliber QBs in 1 game. Before that point they put like 7 guys on the IR.

People crap on 3 out of 5 years playoff appearances well how many appearances did the Jets make in the 5 years prior? 1? what about the 5 years prior to that? 0?

I agree with Mohr. people think firing herm is a cure all, it wouldn't necessarily help anything, and could actually make things worse.

no one wants to admit it but Herm is actually one of the best coaches the Jets have ever had behind Weeb, Tuna and maybe Michaels. That's not chopped liver.

Orton was the 3rd stringer and a rookie. There were other teams that won games with 3rd stringers besides the Bears this year alone.

Joe Walton is also ahead of Edwards record wise....Records still do count don't they? Or have Herm apologists thrown those totally out the window too?

One poster on jetsinsider.com said he could name 20 head coaches in the NFL who were better than Edwards. He did list the coaches, but he didn't realize that Herm has beaten most of them.

LOL. Funny stuff.

Personally I like Herm. Sure, sometimes he lacks in some basic coaching abilities such as clock management and such, but his players respect him and play their rear ends off for him. That's half the battle. Maybe the problem is Bradway. The Jets always seem to be rebuilding.

...and now he's on the bench. And not because of injury.

He's on the bench because he's a third stringer and a rookie. But, let's face facts. That's been a spectacular coaching job in Chicago. The same cannot be said in New York. Do the Jets have a less talented D than the Bears? Perhaps... but not by much, if they do. Do you honestly think that the Jets D could not become as lock down as the Bears D? Or, that the offense could have been better with a running back by committee, instead of relying on an injured back? Herm could have coached this team to something better and he didn't. He crapped the bed this year, and his act is wearing thin. Change is good, sometimes... a new voice and all that.

LOL. Funny stuff.

Personally I like Herm. Sure, sometimes he lacks in some basic coaching abilities such as clock management and such, but his players respect him and play their rear ends off for him. That's half the battle. Maybe the problem is Bradway. The Jets always seem to be rebuilding.

hey Dave I just got back from Raleigh Durham area-nice place man-I could live there

Here's some things to consider about Chicago.

No team has lost more starters or players, period than the Bears the two seasons prior to 05. Last season, a horde of players went down to pulled hamstrings, etc due to Lovie's wont for having a quicker, leaner team. It cost Urlacher about 8 games.

This season, the team was able to stay relatively healthy(both starting safeties, including perenial All Pro/Pro Bowler, Mike Brown, are out).

Smith has done a great job there, no question. No one's job is safe. Look at Orton. He was pulled after his 12 yard first half performance, and in comes Grossman, hitting on his first four or five passes, each for first downs.

Smith also awarded starting jobs to Vasher and Tillman after just several games played. He has also used Harris and Tank Johnson very well. Jones did a great job fending off Benson.

Smith also gets a huge tip of the hat for firing Terry Shea after just one season, for ineffectivness. He knew he made a mistake, and corrected it, by hiring Ron Turner. Herm waited for four years and endured much criticsm.

The worst fans on the Web

Smart? Hardly. Jets faithful are brutal on 'insider' site

Posted: Wednesday December 21, 2005 10:13AM; Updated: Wednesday December 21, 2005 12:49PM

Does this Santa post on jetsinsider.com?

I once asked Nomar Garciaparra if it was true that New York fans were the smartest. He replied, "I think so." When I pressed him as to why, he responded, "It's the only place I have ever played where 50,000 people yell 'BALK!' at the same time." I told him that I wasn't even sure what an actual BALK was and he said, "Maybe they don't either, but they all don't know it at the same time."

I grew up on the East Coast and have heard -- probably from East Coast media outlets -- that New York fans are the most knowledgeable in sports. I have always agreed with that assessment until I recently visited a Web site devoted to and run by New York Jets fans. The site is called :shock: jetsinsider.com :shock: , and depending on when you visit, either Chad Pennington, Curtis Martin, Justin McCareins or Doug Jolley is the second-worst Jet of all time.I say second-worst because regardless of when you visit this site, the one unifying thread that will be posted, day or night, win or lose, is that Herman Edwards is the single worst football coach to ever wear a whistle. Post after post slams Herm and his coaching decisions, disregarding that he has taken the Jets to the playoffs in three of his five years. Posters whine and whine and whine about the "five year plan" and complain, "Where is the Super Bowl?"

I recently exchanged e-mails with Mark Cannizzaro, the Jets beat writer for the New York Post who also writes for jetsinsider.com. I asked him if it was my imagination or were these "fans" disproportionately harsh on Edwards? Cannizzaro quickly responded to my e-mail and assured me that it was not my imagination. Jets fans are the worst on the Web, excluding Raiders fans, of course, who are using their data ports to light up their Darth Vader skull bongs.One poster on jetsinsider.com said he could name 20 head coaches in the NFL who were better than Edwards. He did list the coaches, but he didn't realize that Herm has beaten most of them. You would think that Edwards hurt Pennington's arm and kicked Martin in the knee shortly before kickoff each week.

Jetsinsider.com posters mock the fact that Edwards is a great motivator and routinely post that from Monday to Saturday he is a great coach, but never on Sundays. One poster asked incredulously, "How many head coaches in the NFL need a guy to watch the game clock for him?" Under an alias I replied, "Uh...ALL OF THEM!They are called assistant head coaches!"Jets fans are sick and tired of hearing about injuries and think that unless you can get Reggie Bush out of it, you should be able to win 10 games with the jayvee squad out there. Seriously, how well would the Patriots do if they lost Tom Brady? In the three games in which Corey Dillon didn't play this season, the Pats lost twice.

What if the Colts, after starting the season without Peyton Manning (shudder), suddenly lost center Jeff Saturday and two two weeks later Edgerrin James. Three wins? Maybe, maybe not.What Jets fans should realize is that this may be the most injured team ever in the most critical areas.That doesn't matter to the legions of jetsinsider.com. You must win if you are the Jets, and you must not be conservative, and you must either win every game or lose every game so you can draft Bush. One poster seriously wrote that Al Davis purposely did not start Kerry Collins against the Jets to sabotage New York's chances at the number one pick. Not only is conspiracy garbage like this posted, but hundreds also RESPONDED to it.

The number one subject on jetsinsider.com is that Edwards is hurting this franchise and his time is up. "What has he ever done except regress as head coach of the New York Jets?" they ask. Well, for starters he has two playoff wins since 2002. That may seem ho hum, but not when you compare it to the rest of the NFL.Since 2002, the Texans, Lions, Cardinals, Redskins, Saints, Browns, Bears, Broncos, Giants, Bills, Dolphins, Chargers, Cowboys, Chiefs, Jaguars, Seahawaks, Bengals and Ravens have won ZERO playoff games. I am sticking with Herm.

> http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/jay_mohr/12/21/mohr.sports/index.html

and what was his record B-rob? 9-4 i believe

yeah you know why? Cause unlike Bollinger, Orton can at least PRETEND to be an NFL Caliber QB. He can FAKE IT for a few games before teams figure him out. He LOOKS THE PART. Bollinger isn't even as good as Orton... and if you ask me Orton sucks. So where does that leave Bollinger?

Geez, the Herm propaganda machine is really taking the spin to another level.

Calling fans on a MB "dumb" and "crazy"? And I love his counterpoint (spoken in true Hermaphrodite cult group speak):

Chant

Playoffs 3 out of 5 seasons. :lol:

He didn't rebut any of the legitimate criticism levelled at Herm, just namecalling and the chant. :lol:

What a bootlicker.

I recently exchanged e-mails with Mark Cannizzaro, the Jets beat writer for the New York Post who also writes for jetsinsider.com. I asked him if it was my imagination or were these "fans" disproportionately harsh on Edwards? Cannizzaro quickly responded to my e-mail and assured me that it was not my imagination. Jets fans are the worst on the Web

This is my favorite part. So sooth's CASH COW thinks JetsInsider posters are idiots and even confirmed it for this article.

That has got to sting a little huh?

The sad thing is, now that all of Herm and Terry's inherited players have finally reached their shelf life expiration, or have been lost to free agency or injury, next year is going to be the first time in six seasons that the team that takes the field will be mostly players Terry drafted and Herm coached.

So guess what is gonna change? Just one thing:

instead of Hermaphrodites chanting playoffs 3 out of 5 seasons, they will be chanting playoffs 3 out of 6 seasons.:lol:

Because the only reason Herm was able to get to the playoffs was because he inherited a 9-7 team. Most new coaches take over lousy teams, like Marvin Lewis. Thats why it took him 3 years to get the Bengals to the playoffs (and a division title if I'm not mistaken), whereas Herm had it handed to him, and he still almost blew it with his cover who/3 tech Buc ball bullsh*t.

Herm's a joke.

Here's some things to consider about Chicago.

No team has lost more starters or players, period than the Bears the two seasons prior to 05. Last season, a horde of players went down to pulled hamstrings, etc due to Lovie's wont for having a quicker, leaner team. It cost Urlacher about 8 games.

This season, the team was able to stay relatively healthy(both starting safeties, including perenial All Pro/Pro Bowler, Mike Brown, are out).

Smith has done a great job there, no question. No one's job is safe. Look at Orton. He was pulled after his 12 yard first half performance, and in comes Grossman, hitting on his first four or five passes, each for first downs.

Smith also awarded starting jobs to Vasher and Tillman after just several games played. He has also used Harris and Tank Johnson very well. Jones did a great job fending off Benson.

Smith also gets a huge tip of the hat for firing Terry Shea after just one season, for ineffectivness. He knew he made a mistake, and corrected it, by hiring Ron Turner. Herm waited for four years and endured much criticsm.

Good job Maimi, considering Chicago had to IR Cameron Worrell over the summer due to an injury, they went with 4th and 5th safeties last week against Atlanta. They were also missing a top linebacker and the injuries on offense have been startling.

Injuries affect all teams. I'm not sure the Jets have more or less.

One thibg Mohr has to remember, is Chad missing games isn't a huge surprise....

Going with a seemingly spent Fiedler as the #2 could've been a problem.

One thibg Mohr has to remember, is Chad missing games isn't a huge surprise....

Going with a seemingly spent Fiedler as the #2 could've been a problem.

one thing no one seems to remember the Jets had an insurance policy prior to this season. They had another starter quality QB in Fielder on the roster, one of the rare teams in the NFL with two such options. Losing Chad may not have been a surprise. Losing Fielder on his 1st pass attempt certainly was. He may have been "spent" but cmon he should have lasted more than 1 pass attempt. People thought Brad Johnson was spent too.

one thing no one seems to remember the Jets had an insurance policy prior to this season. They had another starter quality QB in Fielder on the roster, one of the rare teams in the NFL with two such options. Losing Chad may not have been a surprise. Losing Fielder on his 1st pass attempt certainly was. He may have been "spent" but cmon he should have lasted more than 1 pass attempt. People thought Brad Johnson was spent too.

That is what makes this year so much different then 1999. Parcells had no Plan B and halfway through camp he got Mirer.

This year they had a Plan B. One that lasted about 7 snaps.

You know, you have a point. :lol:

I see another purge on the horizon-

Sar 1 will be registering on Jet Nation any day now. :D

All day long Sooth kissed up to Mahr,saying it's not a slam on JetsInsider...bad publicity is good and what not...How long untill they start spinning the fact the guy the posters pay to listen too said they are all a bunch of idiots?

I can't see how that got passed them. Someone is slippin.

All day long Sooth kissed up to Mahr,saying it's not a slam on JetsInsider...bad publicity is good and what not...How long untill they start spinning the fact the guy the posters pay to listen too said they are all a bunch of idiots?

I can't see how that got passed them. Someone is slippin.

Obviously, you didn't see them spinning that either.

As the fan of an opposing team, you should like him alot. :)

Herm is 6-4 with 2 sweeps against us. Why would I like that?

Come on up man, plenty of us Jets fans in this area!!

I like it here, too. There's plenty of work, but the cost of living is high. I even work at God's University ... NCSU. Go Pack!!

ani_wolflogo_phinfever.gif

Archived