Geno Smith Is A Jet

Maxman

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great value at 39 

Per Rotoworld:

Good night, Mark Sanchez. The most discussed prospect in this year's class is the second quarterback off the board, and vaults to the top of the Jets' QB scrap heap. Smith (6-2, 218) was a three-year starter who set career highs in completion rate (71.2), TD:INT ratio (42:6) and passer rating (163.9) last season. He took only 19 sacks in 13 games, while his 42 TDs led the nation. His performance declined as the year wore on, however, as his footwork got sloppy and his field vision regressed. Smith has starting-caliber arm strength and accuracy when set, but missed too many open throws late in the year. Regardless, there's little doubt Smith is being drafted as Sanchez's replacement, and not "competition." It's a new era for the Jets, who have come away with three very good players with their first three picks

Scouts Inc. pros: Mentally tough and never stops
fighting. Does not take many negative plays and is willing to throw the
ball away to fight another down. Remarkable TD-INT ratio (99-20) last
three seasons. Willing to hang in pocket and deliver an accurate throw
in the face of pressure. Game tape junkie.

The complete OPPOSITE of that shi* head named Sanchez.

Good pick and a GOOD draft.

They don't need to draft any wides right now...Why...Because they still would have Sanchez AKA Butt fumble man.

They know Sanchez is the biggest issue on the O, and now they addressed that.

Great value at 39 

Per Rotoworld:

Good night, Mark Sanchez. The most discussed prospect in this year's class is the second quarterback off the board, and vaults to the top of the Jets' QB scrap heap. Smith (6-2, 218) was a three-year starter who set career highs in completion rate (71.2), TD:INT ratio (42:6) and passer rating (163.9) last season. He took only 19 sacks in 13 games, while his 42 TDs led the nation. His performance declined as the year wore on, however, as his footwork got sloppy and his field vision regressed. Smith has starting-caliber arm strength and accuracy when set, but missed too many open throws late in the year. Regardless, there's little doubt Smith is being drafted as Sanchez's replacement, and not "competition." It's a new era for the Jets, who have come away with three very good players with their first three picks

Literally the only positive post I've ever seen from rotoworld about the Jets, even if there were a lot of underhanded remarks.  If anyone else grabbed Geno in the second round, they'd be getting publicly felatted. 

I have a feeling we will be talking about this one for awhile.

For now, welcome to the Jets Geno!

i am sick to my stomach. It has become increasingly clear that the Jets have no idea what the draft of all about. We've gone from an idiot gm to another.

Definitely can't be unhappy about this.  Sanchez's sorry ass is on his way out the door and the Jets have at least another chance at having a QB.

On a side note, how amazingly glorious of an added bonus will it be if Manuel blows for the Bills and Geno works out for the Jets?

1 Sept. 8  vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1:00 p.m. FOX

2 Sept. 12  @ New England Patriots 8:25 p.m. NFL 

3 Sept. 22  vs. Buffalo Bills 4:25 p.m. CBS

4 Sept. 29  @ Tennessee Titans 4:05 p.m. CBS

5 Oct. 7  @ Atlanta Falcons 8:40 p.m. ESPN

6 Oct. 13  vs. Pittsburgh Steelers 1:00 p.m. CBS

7 Oct. 20  vs. New England Patriots 4:05 p.m. CBS

8 Oct. 27  @ Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 p.m. CBS

9 Nov. 3  vs. New Orleans Saints 1:00 p.m. FOX

10 Nov. 10  BYE N/A N/A

11 Nov. 17  @ Buffalo Bills 1:00 p.m. CBS

12 Nov. 24  @ Baltimore Ravens 1:00 p.m. CBS

13 Dec. 1  vs. Miami Dolphins 1:00 p.m. CBS

14 Dec. 8  vs. Oakland Raiders 1:00 p.m. CBS

15 Dec. 15  @ Carolina Panthers 4:05 p.m. CBS

16 Dec. 22  vs. Cleveland Browns 1:00 p.m. CBS

17 Dec. 29  @ Miami Dolphins 1:00 p.m. CBS

ACTUALLY A GREAT SCHEDULE FOR THIS.  GENO STARTS VS MIAMI WEEK 13 AT HOME.  BRUTAL PORTION OF THE SCHEDULE OVER, SEASON BASICALLY OVER.  NOTHING TO LOSE, GOOD EXPERIENCE.

i am sick to my stomach. It has become increasingly clear that the Jets have no idea what the draft of all about. We've gone from an idiot gm to another.

Not really.

The GM is, and always was a puppet for the real architect, REXY

Whatever, I like it. The kid has great tools and can certainly be molded.  I especially like it since it was had with the 39th overall pick in the draft without using any other picks to trade up: now hopefully Idzik and co. can use the 3rd-7th round to surround him with some talent.

Definitely can't be unhappy about this.  Sanchez's sorry ass is on his way out the door and the Jets have at least another chance at having a QB.

On a side note, how amazingly glorious of an added bonus will it be if Manuel blows for the Bills and Geno works out for the Jets?

Would have STRONGLY preferred dumping Sanchez, and drafting a real QB next year. This has huge disaster written all over it.

1 Sept. 8  vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1:00 p.m. FOX

2 Sept. 12  @ New England Patriots 8:25 p.m. NFL 

3 Sept. 22  vs. Buffalo Bills 4:25 p.m. CBS

4 Sept. 29  @ Tennessee Titans 4:05 p.m. CBS

5 Oct. 7  @ Atlanta Falcons 8:40 p.m. ESPN

6 Oct. 13  vs. Pittsburgh Steelers 1:00 p.m. CBS

7 Oct. 20  vs. New England Patriots 4:05 p.m. CBS

8 Oct. 27  @ Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 p.m. CBS

9 Nov. 3  vs. New Orleans Saints 1:00 p.m. FOX

10 Nov. 10  BYE N/A N/A

11 Nov. 17  @ Buffalo Bills 1:00 p.m. CBS

12 Nov. 24  @ Baltimore Ravens 1:00 p.m. CBS

13 Dec. 1  vs. Miami Dolphins 1:00 p.m. CBS

14 Dec. 8  vs. Oakland Raiders 1:00 p.m. CBS

15 Dec. 15  @ Carolina Panthers 4:05 p.m. CBS

16 Dec. 22  vs. Cleveland Browns 1:00 p.m. CBS

17 Dec. 29  @ Miami Dolphins 1:00 p.m. CBS

ACTUALLY A GREAT SCHEDULE FOR THIS.  GENO STARTS VS MIAMI WEEK 13 AT HOME.  BRUTAL PORTION OF THE SCHEDULE OVER, SEASON BASICALLY OVER.  NOTHING TO LOSE, GOOD EXPERIENCE.

will be made even better if the fins don't get a LT and our d-line cream s that pussy tannehill into oblivion

Whatever, I like it. The kid has great tools and can certainly be molded.  I especially like it since it was had with the 39th overall pick in the draft without using any other picks to trade up: now hopefully Idzik and co. can use the 3rd-7th round to surround him with some talent.

Molded by who exactly?

Finally, a reason to look forward to the season. That's what taking a QB does for you...and I am not talking about taking some late round bum.

I agree with this. We didn't overdraft him and at the very least it gives us something more to look forward to than just another year of Mark Sanchez.

Archived