Jets | Stephen Peterman agrees to terms

RSJ

I don't think so. The WCO is really a ball control offense. Sure, it employs a lot of passing, but they're largely short, safe throws. And Morhinweg is probably more run oriented than your average WCO guy. The Eagles were in the top half of the league rushing the football in 5/7 seasons with Morhinweg running the offense, including 5th in the league in both 2010 and 2011. I get that had a lot to do with Vick, but it also had a lot to do with Sean McCoy. 

The Jets seem to be all in with the rushing game this year, too. Have to think Morhinweg had some input into drafting three OL and a FB, while signing one RB in free agency and trading for another. If he didn't he's gotta be pissed. Lol.  

I don't think we'll see Rex throwing any punches on the sidelines. 

Look at the Eagles with McCoy and the Eagles before McCoy + Vick.

And as much as WCO is about ball-control (short passes that are supposed to be like runs, with a theoretically far higher completion percentage), passing is not running.  Even WCO QBs can have lower completion percentages if they suck, and they can still throw interceptions.  Before McCoy went all beastly they were closer to a 60/40 split in passing/running.  Also look at SF from 1997-2000, then how much that ratio changed in 2001 when MM wasn't there anymore (with the same HC).

I looked at the SF stuff because I was curious how much of that was MM and how much was Reid.  Passing, as a percentage of plays run, went way up with MM and way back down to normal levels when he was gone.

Also as I mentioned to Dom, I'm sure there were dozens of rushing attempts per year that were designed passes but they had Vick who could turn a busted pass play into a 7 yard rushing attempt and make it look like that was the intended play all along.  Also with Young and Garcia in SF, both very mobile.

I like what Idzik did with the position.  He signed a couple of "hold the fort" guys and then drafted potential long term answers at the position.  I would guess that Winters will probably sub in during the season and maybe take over at some point if he plays well.

I like what Idzik did with the position.  He signed a couple of "hold the fort" guys and then drafted potential long term answers at the position.  I would guess that Winters will probably sub in during the season and maybe take over at some point if he plays well.

Yeah.  We are loaded with potential.  Now if only some of them can play.  Only two.  I'm not asking for much!

Archived